Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    That would be a pretty solid WR core but the Chargers are expected to first round tender Alexander. He will be a Charger next year.
    Thanks for the knowledge man, the guy is good but he aint that good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Thanks for the knowledge man, the guy is good but he aint that good
    You're welcome buddy! He would fit the need for a big bodied WR but like you said he aint worth a first rounder.

vCash
    Oops double post

vCash
    Michael Jenkins - WR - Vikings

ESPN 1500 Twin Cities says it's a "safe assumption" Michael Jenkins will not be back with the Vikings.
    Jenkins is due a $2.425 million roster bonus in March, and he won't find that money anywhere else on the open market. He's an easy cut. Beat writer Tom Pelissero says the Vikings' receiver corps is going to look "substantially different" in 2013. Jerome Simpson and Devin Aromashodu are free agents, and Pelissero doesn't expect them to have "much of a marketplace."
    Toby Gerhart - RB - Vikings

ESPN 1500 Twin Cities wonders if the Vikings could trade Toby Gerhart.
    Gerhart is entering the final year of his rookie contract, and he's coming off a career-low season. Occasionally working in to spell Adrian Peterson, Gerhart rushed just 50 times for 169 yards (3.4 YPC) and one touchdown. He does have value as a third-down back who excels in pass protection, though, so he could bring back a late-round pick.
    rotoworld

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Michael Jenkins - WR - Vikings

ESPN 1500 Twin Cities says it's a "safe assumption" Michael Jenkins will not be back with the Vikings.
    Jenkins is due a $2.425 million roster bonus in March, and he won't find that money anywhere else on the open market. He's an easy cut. Beat writer Tom Pelissero says the Vikings' receiver corps is going to look "substantially different" in 2013. Jerome Simpson and Devin Aromashodu are free agents, and Pelissero doesn't expect them to have "much of a marketplace."
    Toby Gerhart - RB - Vikings

ESPN 1500 Twin Cities wonders if the Vikings could trade Toby Gerhart.
    Gerhart is entering the final year of his rookie contract, and he's coming off a career-low season. Occasionally working in to spell Adrian Peterson, Gerhart rushed just 50 times for 169 yards (3.4 YPC) and one touchdown. He does have value as a third-down back who excels in pass protection, though, so he could bring back a late-round pick.
    rotoworld

Jenkins is gone and I don't see any reason to trade Gerhart. I'd rather keep him than have a late round pick. I like Gerhart in pass protection and we saw he can handle the load if AP ever misses time. He's not your ideal Darren Sproles type 3rd down back but he's solid.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 02-05-2013 at 04:49 PM.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Ya, don't trade Gerhart.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Jenkins is gone and I don't see any reason to trade Gerhart. I'd rather keep him than have a late round pick. I like Gerhart in pass protection and we saw he can handle the load if AP ever misses time. He's not your ideal Darren Sproles type 3rd down back but he's solid.
    Jenkins won't play on this team for that kind of money. I do think that both sides would be anxious to renegotiate though. The guy has a place on the team and while there are better options out there, its not like bringing Jenkins back (at a reasonable price of course) is going to be cost-prohibitive, plus he's very familiar with Ponder and the offense.

I think that we'll keep Toby and be content with collecting the compensatory pick for him in 2015. Other teams are going to pay him more than us next year and give him a chance to be more than a backup, he really doesn't have that here.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Geoff Schwartz - T - Vikings
    The Vikings and impending free agent G/T Geoff Schwartz are expected to "move on" from each other.
    Schwartz signed a one-year deal with the Vikings last offseason, but he lost out to Brandon Fusco for the starting right guard spot after Schwartz was sidelined for upwards of a month during the summer with a sports hernia. He missed the entire 2011 season due to hip surgery, but in 2010, Schwartz started all 16 games for the Panthers and proved to be a solid run blocker. He's looking for a starting job.
    Rotoworld

and for whatever reason we're not going to give it to him.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Phil Loadholt - T - Vikings
    ESPN 1500 Twin Cities thinks the Vikings will "get something done" with impending free agent RT Phil Loadholt.
    Beat writer Tom Pelissero says the franchise tag could be an option, as well. Loadholt and the Vikings reportedly opened extension talks back in October, but nothing has materialized to this point. Since being a second-round pick in 2009, Loadholt, at 6-foot-8 and 343 pounds, has missed just one start. He was a mauler in the run game for Adrian Peterson, and Peterson said at the Pro Bowl that he plans to push GM Rick Spielman to re-sign the behemoth right tackle.
    rotoworld

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Geoff Schwartz - T - Vikings

Rotoworld

and for whatever reason we're not going to give it to him.
    It's got to be the fact that he just can't stay healthy at all. Otherwise this would not make any sense at all.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Phil Loadholt - T - Vikings

rotoworld
    We got to get this deal done. I'm not worried about losing him but he is pretty important on that right side.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    It's got to be the fact that he just can't stay healthy at all. Otherwise this would not make any sense at all.
    He was healthy on the bench almost all season. We hardly took Fusco out for him and even when he did better we didn't bench Fusco. Now obviously there is the possibility that we're trying to develop Fusco and get him snaps, but still I think that it could be argued that Schwartz is as good as if not better than both of our starting guards. The fact that his signing came to nothing is way more on our coaching staff than it is on him.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Jenkins won't and shouldn't be on this team. He provides nothing. The Vikings aren't going to be eager to sign him.

Why would we trade Gerhart? You'd get nothing for him.

Why would we give Schwartz a starting job? Who will? He's a depth guy. He might not like it, but it's true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    Jenkins won't and shouldn't be on this team. He provides nothing. The Vikings aren't going to be eager to sign him.

Why would we trade Gerhart? You'd get nothing for him.

Why would we give Schwartz a starting job? Who will? He's a depth guy. He might not like it, but it's true.
    Yeah, he provided nothing on those 3rd down catches that helped us win those games........

As far as Schwartz goes, he looked great when he was in and Fusco did very little as a starter. Schwartz wasn't actually signed as a depth guy at all, he was going to compete for the RG job until he was hurt in the pre-season. It would have been very easy to bench Fusco mid to late season and its kind of unusual that he wasn't. Schwartz is probably going to compete to start somewhere else, no sense in staying here if they're just going to keep him on the bench.
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 02-05-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    oh no! Not his 3rd down catches! You honestly don't believe he has any value as a Viking, do you? If the Vikings want to be serious about upgrading WR, Jenkins is gone.

When you bring in a guy to compete for a job, that's a depth move. Schwartz is depth. I'd bet he is not a starter in the league barring injury next year.

Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast