Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Apollo we NEED to keep all 3 DE's and Im with you on Antwon also being one of those guys that our team rallies around and follows. I just put Allen on a very special pedestal. We will be keeping all 4 players until they retire, Spielman isn't a fool and knows whats right so im not worried.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Just a little bit of perspective here, Jared Allen (born April 3rd 1982) is slightly over a year older than Robison (born April 23rd 1983). Sure he`s been in the NFL for 3 more years and spent more time as a starter (Robison`s only been starting since 2011) but I have a very hard time calling Robison young and Allen old.
    Wow, you know I didn't realize that Robison was already 29 I thought he was like 27-28, and I thought J. Allen was turning 32. And thinking about it more we still need Griffin to rush from the inside.

I have to change my stance on this, I agree with extending allen, but not at the expense of either Robison or Griffin. I just worry about how much money we can have committed to the DE position.

One of the things I'm stuck on is Griffins pick six, that zone read drop was sexy....I just wanted to see what kind of numbers Griffin can put up as a starter.

The suggestion of Griffin taking more snaps from Allen 94%, and Robison is probably the best solution. Between subbing in for those 2 and rushing inside we can get him closer to 70% of the snaps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I would approach Allen about signing an extension, something like a 2-3 extension that lowers his cap hit and keeps him around until he decides to hang it up.

I would like to see him see a reduction in snaps so Everson Griffen can play more. A rotation between the two (obviously favoring Allen heaivly) keeps Allen fresher so he doesn't wear down (as he said he felt) and it gives Griffen more of an opportunity to keep showing he deserves to be on the field. Allen played 93% of snaps and Griffen played 55%. I'd like to see those numbers more around Allen at 85% and Griffen 65-70%. I see Griffen taking snaps away from both Allen and Robison, keeping both of them fresher and Griffen getting more experience.
    Well that's another thing, Griffen could work out very well as a joker, swap him all over the line on certain passing plays so that he's harder to plan for. Not that he's actually be a good DT, but he could work very well penetrating from the inside and just generally throwing the offense off balance. It would also let us keep Williams and Allen fresh. Not that we should demote him here or anything but does any one remember that time (I think in the 49ers game) where Allen got that sack against the 9ers lined up on the left side? Stuff like that might be worth considering especially when we have such a good reserve guy in Griffen who could credibly line up against an LT (plus you have to think that whoever the RT is, he's probably going to be crapping his pants if you line him up on Allen, he's probably going to need TE help, which the LT won't get for Griffen).

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    Wow, you know I didn't realize that Robison was already 29 I thought he was like 27-28, and I thought J. Allen was turning 32. And thinking about it more we still need Griffin to rush from the inside.

I have to change my stance on this, I agree with extending allen, but not at the expense of either Robison or Griffin. I just worry about how much money we can have committed to the DE position.

One of the things I'm stuck on is Griffins pick six, that zone read drop was sexy....I just wanted to see what kind of numbers Griffin can put up as a starter.

The suggestion of Griffin taking more snaps from Allen 94%, and Robison is probably the best solution. Between subbing in for those 2 and rushing inside we can get him closer to 70% of the snaps.
    Well that's the other question to pose here, if we break the bank somewhere else we're not keeping all of these guys, its that simple. I still think we're going to face very big problems keeping all three of them past next year anyways just due to play time considerations. Obviously Everson is on the upswing of his career just as Jared Allen looks to inevitably be headed towards his downswing. I believe that Allen WILL have a better year than 2012, likely several but the realization has to be out there that one day in the future Everson Griffen will be a better end than Allen and that by the time he is slowing down Griffen could very well be a super star.

Realistically what will probably happen is that Allen will get his extension, Everson will be re-signed and Robison will be allowed to walk in 2014. 2013 will be an important year though because we have all three of these guys together.
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 02-01-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    If I could chose only 2 DE's it would still be Robison and Griffin. I think they all give you similar production and would come cheaper.

vCash
    If I could chose only 2 DE's it would still be Robison and Griffin. I think they all give you similar production and would come cheaper.
    It all depends on WHEN you have to make your choices and how fast you think Allen will wear down. The big thing is, Robision and Griffen's contracts are another year out, whereas you want to be hammering out that extension with Allen now so we're not paying him $14 million this year ($17 against the cap). And like I've said earlier, despite having less mileage on him, Robision's not much younger than Allen and could start to tail off at around the same time. Undoubtedly though he'll come at a much lower price.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    We're strong vs the run..but pass protection was still iffy. Kalil was an obvious upgrade, I'd say Loadholt did better but at time lapsed, Sullivan got pushed back on occasion, and our guards were pretty bad.
    During the season I was bragging about how Sully is the best C in football...Some people disagreed and I was so mad I didn't come back to the forums for at least 2 months.

I saw Sully get pushed back maybe twice all season. He is not undersized, he has excellent leverage and is the best C in football. Say what you want about PFF, but a grade of +27 over a 2 year span is off the charts. You wonder how Peterson gets good runs with such bad G's, because John Sullivan makes any G look like a Pro Bowler when double teams to his left or right.

Kalil is going to fill out and get his man strength, when he does he will be the best LT in football. Having to good T's to hold the edge. If we upgrade at G this year I'm going to bet on AD rushing for 2500 yards.

vCash
    During the season I was bragging about how Sully is the best C in football...Some people disagreed and I was so mad I didn't come back to the forums for at least 2 months.

I saw Sully get pushed back maybe twice all season. He is not undersized, he has excellent leverage and is the best C in football. Say what you want about PFF, but a grade of +27 over a 2 year span is off the charts. You wonder how Peterson gets good runs with such bad G's, because John Sullivan makes any G look like a Pro Bowler when double teams to his left or right.

Kalil is going to fill out and get his man strength, when he does he will be the best LT in football. Having to good T's to hold the edge. If we upgrade at G this year I'm going to bet on AD rushing for 2500 yards.
    Nick Mangold is probably still the best center in the game, Matt's brother Ryan Kalil is probably better than Sully as well. Seems like such a tough position to rank, hell even the Pouncey kid could be considered.

vCash
    i love the idea of keeping all three but realistacly keeping all three makes no sense if they can get a first and a third or just another pick for griffen i would be happy they could fill another hole. and get better faster. if they keep both griffen and robeson then both can be free agents after next season and one will get a deal and the other will walk for nothing in return

vCash
    we'd get a comp pick

vCash
    I would love to see Robison get way bigger and put him in a T cause Allen, Robison, Kevin, and Everson sound pretty hard to defend if you ask me...and yes we have to resources to keep all 3 DE's and we will.

vCash
    Pass rushing is huge in a passing league, it is worth it to keep 3 quality ends.

vCash
    How about signing Danario Alexander from the Chargers, drafting DeAndre Hopkins, re-signing Harvin and Simpson.

Percy Harvin
    Danario Alexander
    DeAndre Hopkins
    Jarius Wright
    Jerome Simpson

Thats a solid WR core and then the team still has money to upgrade in other areas...balance. Thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    How about signing Danario Alexander from the Chargers, drafting DeAndre Hopkins, re-signing Harvin and Simpson.

Percy Harvin
    Danario Alexander
    DeAndre Hopkins
    Jarius Wright
    Jerome Simpson

Thats a solid WR core and then the team still has money to upgrade in other areas...balance. Thoughts?
    That would be a pretty solid WR core but the Chargers are expected to first round tender Alexander. He will be a Charger next year.

The Chargers are expected to assign impending restricted free agent WR Danario Alexander with a tender "as high as the first round" this offseason.

A first-round tender would give San Diego the right of first refusal should another team try to sign Alexander to a multi-year deal, and a first-round pick as compensation should that team formally acquire Alexander. In other words, it would lock Alexander into being a Charger in 2013. The price of first-round restricted tenders in 2013 is expected to be an affordable $2.879 million

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...ario-alexander

vCash
    Jared Allen - DL - Vikings

Vikings RE Jared Allen had the torn labrum in his left shoulder surgically repaired on Thursday.
    Allen is expected to be ready for training camp. Playing hurt all season, Allen knew about the injury as far back as August but didn't disclose it to reporters until late in the year. Although the surgery will sideline him for most or all pre-training camp activities, Allen usually skips those anyway to train on his own. Allen finished the 2012 season with 45 tackles and 12 sacks. He turns 31 in April.
    rotoworld

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    at best a third round pick but most likely a 4th or 5th. and it would be a year later

Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast