Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/2...rformers012913
    I didn't realize A. Cole is 6'5. No wonder he had 2 picks in that game. I want to give him a shot to play next year.
    I don't want to extend Allen, I'd rather see Griffin take that job.
    Apollo I have to question your mind with these last two posts, lol.
    Also Cook will be fine...maybe you missed it but majority of the time he is off the WR. When given the chance to jam he can be very effective.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Dumb...I'd restructure and extend Allen for 3 more years and extend Griffen as well....Robison would be the odd man out for me not Allen, he'd just play out the last year of his contract here make some plays and get a nice deal somewhere else after
    Dumb...haha..that's harsh, don't do me like that brother

Tom P graded Robison higher then Allen, albeit Allen was hurt. But I think Tom P helps me add validity.

Robison played 887 of 1,198 gradable defensive snaps (74 percent) over 16 starts at left end. Like Allen he was hurt much of the season. He posted a career-high 8.5 sacks while registering 56 quarterback pressures. He also matched a career best with three forced fumbles, all on strip-sacks. He also had 7 passes defended, which I think is a very underrated quality for a D lineman.

E Griffin had 8 sacks, 2 PD, and a sweet pick 6 on a zone drop. This is in limited snaps. I believe he would have outproduced allen last year given the same number of snaps.

How could I be alone on this, Griffin and Robison are younger and cheaper, to let either player go would be a mistake. If this is our plan we should trade one of them this offseason.

Allen had a down year, and his sacks seem to come in bunches(mostly when he's playing bad LT's) Allen has been shutdown by the better LT's in the NFL.

Allen is making 17M dollars I don't think he is worth that at 32. How many more season's can he be elite, probably at least 2 more, but for 17M seem's like a waste of money when we have Griffin.

He's been a great Viking, one of my favorites, but this is a tuff business. Look what happened in 2010. We got content with our talent, kept all our vets and were destroyed. This year, we get way younger and make the playoffs...I know our GM is with me on this age is a big deal to him...

We should really be trading Allen but I doubt anybody would want his contract.

vCash
    I have such radical thinking that these ideas seem rational..

vCash
    Wow we should trade Allen...Wow is all I can....Wow...The dude is just a season away from almost breaking the record and then he had one down year, if you would call it that, and he should go,,,Are you really a Vikings fan or someone who want to destroy our team...He is schemed against....you know that right....cause it really isn't looking that way. You just assume he is going to fall of in the next 2 years and be junk...How is Ray Lewis playing? Allen should hopefully take a pay reduction but thats after he shown this next season that he is declining for sure....Allen and Griffen and Robison should do a three man rotation all game and stay fresh...Allen and AP are the only two guys that are untouchable on this team,,,My list is way longer then that but those two are for sure here for the long haul...Lets also have some loyalty to some of the guys that got us where we are.....Allen just had a RB that rushed for more yards than anyone ever in the History of the Game, other than one guy, that takes alot of carries and 1st downs, and ultimately burns a ton of clock leaving the D off the field. You tell me the last DE that can make a sack from the sidelines or when his Offense is on the field. Plus we won 10 games this season, but there were many close games so not many teams just went Pass only against us during this season until their last two possessions of the game but on the flip side those 10 wins put us in many 4th quarter Run only, burn clock out modes keeping our offense on the field as long as possible...Allen is our Ray Lewis on D,,he is our leader
    Last edited by Coenthar; 01-31-2013 at 06:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    Wow we should trade Allen...Wow is all I can....Wow...The dude is just a season away from almost breaking the record and then he had one down year, if you would call it that, and he should go,,,Are you really a Vikings fan or someone who want to destroy our team...He is schemed against....you know that right....cause it really isn't looking that way. You just assume he is going to fall of in the next 2 years and be junk...How is Ray Lewis playing? Allen should hopefully take a pay reduction but thats after he shown this next season that he is declining for sure....Allen and Griffen and Robison should do a three man rotation all game and stay fresh...Allen and AP are the only two guys that are untouchable on this team,,,My list is way longer then that but those two are for sure here for the long haul...Lets also have some loyalty to some of the guys that got us where we are.....Allen just had a RB that rushed for more yards than anyone ever in the History of the Game, other than one guy, that takes alot of carries and 1st downs, and ultimately burns a ton of clock leaving the D off the field. You tell me the last DE that can make a sack from the sidelines or when his Offense is on the field. Plus we won 10 games this season, but there were many close games so not many teams just went Pass only against us during this season until their last two possessions of the game but on the flip side those 10 wins put us in many 4th quarter Run only, burn clock out modes keeping our offense on the field as long as possible...Allen is our Ray Lewis on D,,he is our leader
    Thank you, I mean really why is there so many suggestions to trade team leaders and best players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Thank you, I mean really why is there so many suggestions to trade team leaders and best players.
    This is what i have been saying...

vCash
    I always thought the heart of our D has been Winfield, I'd consider him our Ray Lewis. I get your side, I really do, but don't make it sound like my side of the argument doesn't have logic.

The thing about Allen having less sacks because AD rushed for 2100 yards doesn't make much sense to me. We had plenty of 3 and outs all season. You don't need to make excuses for Allen he had a fine season while playing threw injury.

Keeping Allen here is fine with me, but not at the expense of young talents like Robison and Griffin. There are many teams that don't have a single pass rusher as good as any of those guys...Jets....

I just think that Griffin and Robison are to young and to talented to let walk. They have 5 more years to give you then Allen does, you can't refute that.

Maybe you guys don't like what you've seen from Griffin as much as me. But when we had Edwards at LE I wanted him moved because every time Robison stepped in(at DT) he disrupted something. He passed my eye test, and Griffin looks like the same deal.

I understand that Allen is schemed for, I've read articles suggesting that's the reason we have such good production from our LE's....rubbish if you ask me....

As offended as you are against the idea of trading Allen, I am the same way about Griffin and Robison.

I love the Vikings, people thought I was a madman out to destroy the team when I was blogging in here to draft some Pistol QB named Kaepernick. People told me he was to raw, that we already had Webb, 12 is to early....blah, blah, blah. Today Ron. Jaworski says Kaep. could be the best QB in football....scored a freakin 37 on the wonderlic....I'd have this team in a SB
    Last edited by ApolloInfinity; 01-31-2013 at 08:39 PM.

vCash
    I would approach Allen about signing an extension, something like a 2-3 extension that lowers his cap hit and keeps him around until he decides to hang it up.

I would like to see him see a reduction in snaps so Everson Griffen can play more. A rotation between the two (obviously favoring Allen heaivly) keeps Allen fresher so he doesn't wear down (as he said he felt) and it gives Griffen more of an opportunity to keep showing he deserves to be on the field. Allen played 93% of snaps and Griffen played 55%. I'd like to see those numbers more around Allen at 85% and Griffen 65-70%. I see Griffen taking snaps away from both Allen and Robison, keeping both of them fresher and Griffen getting more experience.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash

vCash
    Man it's gonna suck to replace Winfield.

vCash
    Interesting. I know the 2011 disaster wasn't all the offensive lines fault but I thought the line was pretty terrible last season. Not sure how we ended up 7th lol Maybe it's because our defense was so bad that our line wasn't on the field enough to show bad they were.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Interesting. I know the 2011 disaster wasn't all the offensive lines fault but I thought the line was pretty terrible last season. Not sure how we ended up 7th lol Maybe it's because our defense was so bad that our line wasn't on the field enough to show bad they were.
    We're strong vs the run..but pass protection was still iffy. Kalil was an obvious upgrade, I'd say Loadholt did better but at time lapsed, Sullivan got pushed back on occasion, and our guards were pretty bad.

vCash
    I always thought the heart of our D has been Winfield, I'd consider him our Ray Lewis. I get your side, I really do, but don't make it sound like my side of the argument doesn't have logic.

The thing about Allen having less sacks because AD rushed for 2100 yards doesn't make much sense to me. We had plenty of 3 and outs all season. You don't need to make excuses for Allen he had a fine season while playing threw injury.

Keeping Allen here is fine with me, but not at the expense of young talents like Robison and Griffin. There are many teams that don't have a single pass rusher as good as any of those guys...Jets....

I just think that Griffin and Robison are to young and to talented to let walk. They have 5 more years to give you then Allen does, you can't refute that.

Maybe you guys don't like what you've seen from Griffin as much as me. But when we had Edwards at LE I wanted him moved because every time Robison stepped in(at DT) he disrupted something. He passed my eye test, and Griffin looks like the same deal.

I understand that Allen is schemed for, I've read articles suggesting that's the reason we have such good production from our LE's....rubbish if you ask me....

As offended as you are against the idea of trading Allen, I am the same way about Griffin and Robison.

I love the Vikings, people thought I was a madman out to destroy the team when I was blogging in here to draft some Pistol QB named Kaepernick. People told me he was to raw, that we already had Webb, 12 is to early....blah, blah, blah. Today Ron. Jaworski says Kaep. could be the best QB in football....scored a freakin 37 on the wonderlic....I'd have this team in a SB
    Just a little bit of perspective here, Jared Allen (born April 3rd 1982) is slightly over a year older than Robison (born April 23rd 1983). Sure he`s been in the NFL for 3 more years and spent more time as a starter (Robison`s only been starting since 2011) but I have a very hard time calling Robison young and Allen old.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Just a little bit of perspective here, Jared Allen (born April 3rd 1982) is slightly over a year older than Robison (born April 23rd 1983). Sure he`s been in the NFL for 3 more years and spent more time as a starter (Robison`s only been starting since 2011) but I have a very hard time calling Robison young and Allen old.
    didnt know that, thanks weather man.. haha The Weather Man is a great nickname for you!

vCash
    It would be weird without Allen. Just redo our DT's except K-will, and Evans, and put a beast next to K-Will, I promise a ton of play out of our front four, esp Allen. John Jenkins looks like the ideal guy. Him or Short are at the top of my list for a NT. And thats what we need... a NT, not a K-will look alike. Just a big huge NT. Thats my request.
    Last edited by Daniel0227; 02-01-2013 at 10:31 AM.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast