Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    You lose a lot of grittiness without Harvin in the lineup. Tavon Austin struggles with making that second guy miss, you can see that in the video. He does it from time to time but he isn't quite as elusive as Harvin can be. Also when it comes to top end speed they are at about the same level, this is where Harvin's elusiveness really helps him out.

I know one of your main points was that Harvin has been injured, but Austin at 5-9 is a risk in and of itself. Against bigger and faster competition you could make the case that Austin could be an injury risk also.

I am just not a fan of trading away Harvin who has proven to be one of the NFL's best weapons when on the field for someone who hasn't played a snap at the pro level.
    I get what your saying, Harvin is like having a mini AD in the slot. Yes Austin and Harvin are both small, my main point is that Harvin looks for contact where Austin avoids it. Harvin is a unique player I can't compare with anyone because of how gritty he is. It's the fact that he looks for contact has me more worried about him then Austin. I look at Austin more like a D. Jackson type, and Austin stayed healthy in school and Harvin was constantly banged up at Florida.

vCash
    Phil Loadholt - T - Vikings

Adrian Peterson stated in early January that he plans to push GM Rick Spielman to re-sign free agent RT Phil Loadholt.
    It's quite the endorsement for 27-year-old Loadholt, a massive 6-foot-8, 343-pound mauler. "I'll probably talk to 'em, just to get that guy in," Peterson said. "He's just been improving each year. I'm going to keep my arms around him this offseason as well, just to make sure he's staying on top of this game." Loadholt was Pro Football Focus' No. 2 run-blocking right tackle in 2012.
    rotoworld

I agree with AP, lock him up.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    matt kalil will head to hawaii for the pro bowl.with trent williams disabled by getting slashed kalil will replace him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post

rotoworld

long term *****

vCash
    Signed through 2013

• DE Jared Allen ($17,063,956)
    • CB Antoine Winfield ($7.25 million)
    • DE Brian Robison ($6,666,668)
    • G Charlie Johnson ($4.35 million)*
    • WR Michael Jenkins ($3,916,668)
    • WR Percy Harvin ($2,678,800)
    • NT Fred Evans ($1.75 million)
    • P Chris Kluwe ($1.45 million)
    • CB Chris Cook ($1.25 million)
    • HB Toby Gerhart ($958,500)
    • DL Everson Griffen ($710,000)
    • DE George Johnson ($630,000)
    • QB Joe Webb ($598,131)
    • LB Tyrone McKenzie ($555,000)
    • LB Larry Dean ($555,000)
    • QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson ($482,500)
    • RB Matt Asiata ($480,000)

Signed through 2014

• DT Kevin Williams ($7.5 million)
    • DT Letroy Guion ($2.8 million)
    • QB Christian Ponder ($2,770,554)
    • TE Kyle Rudolph ($1,262,687)
    • LS Cullen Loeffler ($1.05 million)
    • DT Christian Ballard ($687,666)
    • CB Brandon Burton ($612,937)
    • OL DeMarcus Love ($590,581)
    • S Mistral Raymond ($589,612)
    • G Brandon Fusco ($588,917)
    • DE D'Aundre Reed ($570,672)
    • WR Stephen Burton ($555,000)
    • P T.J. Conley ($480,000)
    • CB Nick Taylor ($405,000)
    • DT Chase Baker ($405,000)
    • RB Joe Banyard ($405,000)
    • TE LaMark Brown ($405,000)
    • CB Bobby Felder ($405,000)
    • TE Chase Ford ($405,000)
    • OL Tyler Holmes ($405,000)
    • CB Greg McCoy ($405,000)
    • OL Kevin Murphy ($405,000)
    • WR Chris Summers ($405,000)

Signed through 2015

• LB Chad Greenway ($8.7 million)
    • T Matt Kalil ($4,493,318)
    • S Harrison Smith ($1,622,397)
    • CB Josh Robinson ($689,250)
    • WR Jarius Wright ($585,027)
    • TE Rhett Ellison ($555,146)
    • S Robert Blanton ($532,763)
    • PK Blair Walsh ($509,483)
    • LB Audie Cole ($496,875)
    • WR Greg Childs ($480,146)

Signed through 2016

• C John Sullivan ($4.25 million)
    • TE John Carlson ($4 million)

Signed through 2017

• HB Adrian Peterson ($13.9 million)

Unsigned (14)

• WR Devin Aromashodu
    • OL Joe Berger
    • LB Jasper Brinkley
    • FB Jerome Felton
    • LB Erin Henderson
    • OT Phil Loadholt
    • LB Marvin Mitchell
    • S Jamarca Sanford
    • OL Geoff Schwartz
    • WR Jerome Simpson
    • CB A.J. Jefferson#
    • OL Troy Kropog@
    • S Andrew Sendejo@
    • CB Marcus Sherels@

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/W...over_17M011613

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    WR Michael Jenkins ($3,916,668)
    WR Percy Harvin ($2,678,800)

This is why Harvin is pissed...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    WR Michael Jenkins ($3,916,668)
    WR Percy Harvin ($2,678,800)

This is why Harvin is pissed...
    Yup!

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash

rotoworld

well it's what AP wants, AP gets so sadly we get more of Loadholt probably... I guess I can live with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSmith22 View Post
    well it's what AP wants, AP gets so sadly we get more of Loadholt probably... I guess I can live with it.
    Honestly I was happy with how Loadholt played last season. Much more consistent. Even his penalties were down. Plus, like the article stated, he was great in the run game. If he can continue to limit the penalties then we have ourselves a pretty good right tackle.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Honestly I was happy with how Loadholt played last season. Much more consistent. Even his penalties were down. Plus, like the article stated, he was great in the run game. If he can continue to limit the penalties then we have ourselves a pretty good right tackle.
    Down, Yes but he still led the Vikings in penalties with 11 and has struggled in that department for as long as I can remember watching him play. It's not a matter of if it continues to happen anymore but when it happens, and the Vikings should plan to replace him if they want consistency on the field next season.

That being said the guy I would've replaced him with returned to school and is looking like he'll be drafted as a LT next year anyways so I'm not so against resigning Loadholt as long as he doesn't get the notion in his head that he's worth a ton of money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSmith22 View Post
    Down, Yes but he still led the Vikings in penalties with 11 and has struggled in that department for as long as I can remember watching him play. It's not a matter of if it continues to happen anymore but when it happens, and the Vikings should plan to replace him if they want consistency on the field next season.

That being said the guy I would've replaced him with returned to school and is looking like he'll be drafted as a LT next year anyways so I'm not so against resigning Loadholt as long as he doesn't get the notion in his head that he's worth a ton of money.
    I would be for replacing him if his play continued to fluctuate but from a performance stand point he was really good last year. The penalties have always pissed us off but at least it's correctable.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    To the folks that want to trade Harvin you do realize his about to enter his prime and we havent even seen just how good he can be. Please name two slot WRs better, name two kick returners that are better? You dont just give up on a weapon like that especially one that fits your QB's strengths.

vCash
    Ashamed to admit it but I am watching the pro bowl.....Any one else who is notice the variety of deep seam routes Rudy is running... Musgrave take notes.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Joe Webb - QB - Vikings
    Jan 27 - 6:43 PM

ESPN 1500 Twin Cities suggests the Vikings may shop Joe Webb this offseason to a team that runs a read-option offense.

In Webb's lone quarterback appearance of 2012 -- the Wild Card playoff loss to Green Bay -- he moved the offense in the read-option before OC Bill Musgrave inexplicably used a traditional look the rest of the way. 2013 is a contract year for Webb, so this offseason would be Minnesota's last opportunity to get something for him via trade. He might bring back a seventh-round pick.

Source: ESPN 1500 Twin Cities
    http://www.rotoworld.com/default.aspx?rw=1

vCash
    Kyle Rudolph representin! haha It's to bad this was the Pro Bowl because nobody really gives a full effort so Ruddy made the most of some easy opportunities, although his TD was pretty nice. Still nice to see him get some respect and some attention.

- Mike Zimmer

Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast