Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Ya I'm mixed on Henderson...I mean really he doesn't fit our scheme mainly because he can't cover. I'm intrigued by Cole but don't know to much about him.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

vCash
    I thought the idea of moving Greenway to the middle in nickel is intriguing. He plays that in dime, and wouldn't Brinkley or Henderson be less exposed at OLB. Or maybe it should be Greenway and Cole at LB on 3rd down.

I almost totally forgot about Cole until that article.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikes ball boy View Post
    Wow, Erin Henderson is a super nice dude, talked to him numerous times, yeah he was upset he was only offered a one year deal last offseason but hes far from a douche.
    That's your take. My take is he's a giant self centered douche riding his brothers fame.... Oh, and there's this part where he's really not all that great at football.

See ya, douche.

vCash
    Joe Webb - QB - Vikings
    Vikings GM Rick Spielman still likes Joe Webb as the No. 2 quarterback and won't hold his bad Wild Card Round performance versus the Packers against him.
    "Joe has been a very good backup quarterback. I'm sure, as everybody has seen, that he probably didn't play the way he wanted to play up in Green Bay. But if you look into his history, Joe has done a very good job for us in that backup situation," said Spielman. Minnesota is fully expected to bring in some quarterback competition this offseason.
    rotoworld

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Yuck. Get rid of him.

vCash
    Yeah, Erin Henderson and Brinkley are not that great of players, I am pretty sure they won't be that hard to replace but upgrading them is a must. I would not mind Erin back on a short deal but it isn't a great need to keep him around, only that losing two starters among the LBs may be hard.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Hartman: Vikings GM Spielman stands by belief in draft
    Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman said the team is in the initial process of evaluating personnel like it did last year, a process that led to the team's drastic improvement from a 3-13 record in 2011 to 10-6 and an NFC wild-card berth this season.
    "We'll be open, upfront and honest," Spielman said. "We'll evaluate each guy, evaluate where we're at as an organization and what we need to do to improve from what we did last year. Again, the only reason you're in this business -- and it was great to see the strides that we have made -- but again, until you win that Super Bowl, you have to get better. Then the next year it's a whole new year.

"There will be some new faces here, again. Our coaches did a great job this year of developing and bringing in these young players and how they all contributed. We're going to have another eight and potentially maybe more draft picks, and we have to do as good of a job or a better job with this draft and bringing in players."

One difference facing the Vikings front office is that the team had 19 free agents last year and didn't sign any, while this year it has 10 and at least half of them made a significant impact in the Vikings' improvement this season, such as Erin Henderson, Phil Loadholt, Jamarca Sanford and Jerome Felton.

Another problem facing Spielman is the salary cap, with most of those important free agents looking for big raises, and a player such as defensive end Jared Allen scheduled to make $14 million on the last year of his contract. And if they are to keep Percy Harvin, the Vikings will have to offer him a big contract similar to that of Adrian Peterson's seven-year, $100 million deal.

GM likes Webb

While most experts believe the Vikings need a backup quarterback other than Joe Webb, Spielman won't hold his bad performance in the playoffs at Green Bay against him, insisting he likes Webb in the role.

"Joe has been a very good backup quarterback," Spielman said. "I'm sure, as everybody has seen, that he probably didn't play the way he wanted to play up in Green Bay. But if you look into his history, that's what you have to do, the things he did when he came into the Washington game a year ago, what he did in Detroit the game Christian got hurt, what he did in Philadelphia when we got stuck two years ago.

"Joe has done a very good job for us in that backup situation. But he just didn't probably play as well as he wanted to play, and overall we didn't play as well as we needed to play up in Green Bay that night."

Spielman also likes the future of third-string quarterback McLeod Bethel-Thompson, who didn't see any action this season.

"Bethel was a UFL kid, got a big arm, a lot of promise," Spielman said. "Coaches did a great job working with him through training camp. He flashed some of the ability that he has in that last preseason game against Houston and really has made some progress."

But Spielman said the QBs and all the others players will be evaluated, and he reiterated his belief in building a winner through the draft.

"I still believe in how you build a foundation for your football team and keep it competitive year in and year out is developing your draft picks and hitting on draft picks every year," he said. "Those are the guys that you're going to build your core football team with. If you can sprinkle in free agents here or there, you never know ... but for the most part, we're always going to try to build through the draft. Then as our guys eventually come out of their rookie contracts, those are the guys you want to keep because those are the guys, I think, that you know the best."

After one tremendous season as the first Vikings general manager since the days of Mike Lynn, Spielman looks like just the man to keep the team improving.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...1.html?refer=y

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Yep, sounds good.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Joe Webb - QB - Vikings

rotoworld
    I am fine with them wanting to keep Webb in the "backup" quarterback role. I am sure we will either draft someone to take over Bethel-Thompson's spot. Our issue was not that Joe Webb is terrible, I give him a bit of a freebie since he hadn't had game action since the pre-season. Our issue is that when Joe Webb was struggling we didn't have a capable 3rd QB to come in and run the offense. Basically, if we want to keep Webb as our #2 we need to sign or draft someone who is also a capable #2 QB.

vCash
    Add a veteran, get rid of the Athlete without a position, and keep the guy with 6 names.

vCash
    Or we keep one of the most naturally talented players in the league and get rid of the guy who's claim to fame is literally throwing one nice pass in the pre-season. Based on what Spielman just said, Webb's not going anywhere. He certainly didn't rule out bringing in competition at QB though.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    "naturally talented players".... LOL!!!!

What's Webbs claim to fame? Beating a bad disinterested Eagles team on a Tuesday? He had one relatively good start. Dud in every other game.

MBT has more upside than Joe "What the hell am I doing" Webb.

Also, nothing any GM says in January matters. What's he supposed to say, "damn I sure can't wait til I can cut Joe Webb"... No.
    Last edited by FrankieFreakout; 01-20-2013 at 01:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    "naturally talented players".... LOL!!!!

What's Webbs claim to fame? Beating a bad disinterested Eagles team on a Tuesday? He had one relatively good start. Dud in every other game.

MBT has more upside than Joe "What the hell am I doing" Webb.

Also, nothing any GM says in January matters. What's he supposed to say, "damn I sure can't wait til I can cut Joe Webb"... No.
    Nope, but he sure didn't have to give Webb a ringing endorsement. Like it or not Frankie, Joe Webb is going to training camp with the Vikings this year. Sorry that you hate it, but the way things stand now that's how it looks.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    Dud in every other game.
    Detroit? Just sayin'

vCash
    Am I the only one that doesn't see LB and DT as major weaknesses? I wouldn't be upset to see the front 7 stay the same.

E Henderson is limited in coverage but he only had 3 missed tackles all year, I still consider him an asset against the run. I thought Brinkley played well in his 1st season as a starter, and I thought he really stepped up in the final month of the season. Another guy that stepped up at the end of the year was F. Evans. He was a beast against the run against the Texans and Packers. In the final GB game he had 5 stops in only 13 plays against the run. A few of those he blew up in the backfield. I'm really exited about the potential I saw in Evans.

I think the Vikings have to much money invested in the D line to bring in a big FA like Melton. Were spending 24M on K Will and Allen. I think you need to find K Will's replacement in this draft and prepare yourself for spending 5-6M a season on Robison and Griffin. Frazier loves Griffin and after next year he will start at RE and J. Allen will walk.

I think the future of the D line after next year will be RE-Griffen, LE-Robison, NT-Evans, and the DT of 2014 isn't on the roster yet. I just don't think you break the bank on the last DT spot, I think you pick a player in rds 2-4 to replace K Will. Remember that next year Griffin will provide inside pressure, you sign a guy like Melton and Griffin essentially has no role for next year.

The only difference I want in our D line next year is for Evans to start and for Griffin to take Guion's pass rushing snaps.

As for our LB's we only play 2 LB's most of the time to keep Winfield on the field, I don't think the LB position was our weakness against the pass this year. Are weakness against the pass was all about our outside CB's again. Rodgers bullied and abused Jefferson. He just can't make a play on the ball even though he keeps himself in good position, reminds me of Cedric Griffin a lot. Remember that J. Robinson was basically benched for about 6 games until the wild card game. I know the coaches were disappointed in him I'm not sure why this forum is so high on him, probably because of a good 40 time.

The Vikings still only have 1 outside CB and one great nickel CB. We are seriously lacking at the 2nd outside CB. I'm not giving up on Josh Robinson but I don't want to rely on him next year.

I'd keep the front 7 the same, and focus on CB and S again. H Smith made a huge impact for our D this year. I could make the claim that H. Smith was the difference from 10-6 to 7-9. He had 2 pick 6's in games where we won by a TD against AZ and Chi, and he batted down 2 would be Calvin Johnson TD's when the Viks won by 7. Just shows you the kind of impact another S and a CB could give this D.

In my mind the Vikings needs are this...#1 WR, CB, WR, G, S, WR, DT, LB. I dropped S a little because I know they like Raymond's range in coverage so I wouldn't be super disappointed if we gave him another shot.

Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast