Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    Missing my point.

What is having him on the roster costing them? Barely anything.

If he was making any kind of money, he'd be gone. That's why I think you're reading too much into the "they see something in him" logic. I don't completely buy it. It costs pennies to keep him.
    That's not what I've been saying at all. The odds that Greg Childs will ever be a super-star are even thinner than the odds of him ever playing again, the only thing I think they "see in him" is a guy who can play football again after recovering from a gruesome injury. If they didn't see that they'd be finding our trainers a better way to spend their time.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    I'm sorry but not even Jared Allen is worth a 17 million cap hit. I really hope we can negotiate him back down towards the 12 million mark where he was at this season.
    I respectfully disagree. $17 million is a big hit but you could argue he was under paid the last few years based upon his production. Pay the man what he's worth. Next year he either won't be with us or will have signed for less.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Yeah, I have a feeling asking Allen to take a pay cut wouldn't end well.

vCash
    Chris Kluwe Is Everywhere
    There are actually two Chris Kluwe-related news bits to put out there today, neither of which really has a whole lot to do with football. Welcome to the off-season, ladies and gentlemen.

The first tidbit is that Kluwe was on the Ellen program today to talk about various topics. The appearance on the show stemmed from the letter he wrote back in September in support of Baltimore Ravens' linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo and their views on same-sex marriage.

In addition to this, apparently everyone's favorite punter has a book coming out soon. . .a book which, apparently, will be titled Beautifully Unique Sparkleponies. According to the press release, the book is going to be "a collection of uncensored personal essays on topics ranging from faith to government, from losing in professional athletics to human rights."

Since this is the off-season, Kluwe doesn't have to be completely focused on punting. (I'm not sure there was any reason to think that he wasn't during the season, but the theory was out there.) Between these two things and his appearance on The Colbert Report a while back, it looks like he's enjoying his off-season, that's for sure.
    http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/1/...-is-everywhere

click on the link and watch the video.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Sparkleponies

vCash
    Charley Walters: Vikings' Erin Henderson hopes to stay in Minnesota
    Gary "Cookie" Holmes, a 6-foot-10 co-captain of the University of Minnesota men's basketball team that won the 1982 Big Ten championship under coach Jim Dutcher, said this season's Gophers can win the Big Ten title.

"They're pretty close to us," Holmes said. "But we had 7-foot Randy Breuer (actually 7-3), so that makes it really hard to compare. We were just as athletic -- we had shooting, we had quickness and we had size."

Holmes, a Delta Air Lines airplane liaison for eight NBA teams and the Minnesota Twins, lives in Woodbury and follows his alma mater closely. He said coach Tubby Smith's current Gophers, compared to his team, "are very athletic and have good guard play."

The 1982 Gophers had Trent Tucker, Darryl Mitchell and Tommy Davis at guards, Holmes and Zebedee Howell at forwards among their core, with Breuer at center. Breuer, who led the Gophers in scoring (16.6-point average) and rebounding (7.2 average) and averaged 2.6 blocks per game, would be the major difference between the 1982 Gophers and the current Gophers.

The current Gophers, Holmes said, "are still figuring out how to be big in the middle. Trevor (6-foot-8 Mbakwe) uses his athletic ability a lot, but we had Randy, and it becomes a problem when you run into another team that has a 7-foot guy."

That was Apple Valley junior point guard prodigy Tyus Jones sitting behind the Gophers' bench at Thursday evening's

Minnesota-Michigan game at Williams Arena.
    ESPN analyst Dick Vitale, 73, who worked Thursday's Gophers-Wolverines game, has been at the network for 34 years after coaching for 20. He said storied Williams Arena is like Wrigley Field.

"So much tradition, people on top of you, a great environment, fantastic," Vitale said.

The arena's raised floor?

"As a coach, I hated it," Vitale said.

How long does Vitale plan to work?

"It's up to the man upstairs, baby," he said.

Michigan started two freshmen against Minnesota in Thursday's victory, and the first three players off the Wolverines' bench were freshmen.

New Jacksonville Jaguars coach Gus Bradley was born and raised in Zumbrota, Minn., where his parents still live.

Erin Henderson wants to buy a home.

The unrestricted free-agent linebacker, who has rented during his five seasons in Minnesota, said he wants to remain with the Vikings.

"I've called Minnesota home, I have a Minnesota (driver's) license now, everything," said Henderson, who is from Maryland. "I feel like I've built a pretty good foundation here and come a long way in my years that I've been a part of this organization. And I appreciate the time and effort they've put into me."

If Henderson gets the contract he wants, he said, he'll finally be able to buy a house.

"I want my house to be my home, my palace," he said.
    http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci...ota?source=rss

Erin Henderson - LB - Vikings
    The Minneapolis Star-Tribune suspects impending free agent WLB Erin Henderson may not want to return to the Vikings in 2013.
    The Star-Tribune points out that Henderson, 26, wasn't happy with the organization last offseason when he didn't get a long-term deal, so he's likely looking for comparable money from another team. Minnesota would likely have to overpay to keep him. Henderson excels against the run, but he struggles badly in coverage. MLB Jasper Brinkley is also an impending free agent.
    rotoworld

Vikings 2013 look ahead: Linebackers
    The Vikings coaching staff and front office are in the process of fully evaluating their roster as they plan for the opening of free agency in March as well as April’s NFL Draft. As General Manager Rick Spielman, head coach Leslie Frazier and their respective staffs put their heads together, the Access Vikings team is doing the same. We are in the middle of delivering snapshot evaluations of every position group. Today, we look at the linebackers.

LINEBACKERS
    Get excited: Outside linebacker Chad Greenway turned 30 last Saturday. But don’t worry. His career is still very much on the upswing heading into its eighth season. He has led the Vikings in tackles in each of the past five years and shows no signs of letting go of the top spot after finishing with 191 stops and reaching his second Pro Bowl this season.

It’s easy to see why Adrian Peterson sought Greenway’s advice during his knee rehab last offseason. People forget that Greenway’s career once was in jeopardy, too. A first-round pick in 2006, he tore an ACL in his first preseason game at the Metrodome. But Greenway not only came back, he’s been a better player in each of his next six seasons. And although the big 3-0 has arrived, Greenway still has a lot of juice left in his legs. Meanwhile, he’s a smarter player, a better leader and is more comfortable than ever in what’s essentially been the same defensive system throughout his NFL career.

The Vikings should consider moving Greenway to the deep middle backer position in the nickel, a key spot on the field in passing situations. He has the range and intelligence to play it. He also has the experience because he plays that spot in the dime. Of course, moving Greenway to the middle in the nickel would require finding someone to play Greenway’s current position in that defense. Not easy.

Keep an eye on: You need at least three eyes for this one. The Vikings have seven linebackers. Three of them – Erin Henderson, Jasper Brinkley and Marvin Mitchell -- are unrestricted free agents. Henderson and Brinkley are starters. Mitchell is the most experienced backup. So, yeah, things could look dramatically different when the team meets up in Mankato in seven months.

The Vikings say they have interest in all three linebackers. But this is the time of year when they say they have interest in all their free agents. Truth is, they do have interest in them, but they’ll also have wandering eyes. Both Henderson and Brinkley are solid players well shy of their 30th birthdays. They played well on a team that won 10 games and made the playoffs. So they’re comfortable options, assuming they even want to return.

That might not be the case with Henderson. He wasn’t happy when he didn’t get a long-term deal last offseason, so he’s more likely to take comparable money from another team. Brinkley, meanwhile, is more likely to want to return if he feels comfortable that the team is comfortable with him as the long-term answer at middle linebacker.
    With the contract of two starters up, the Vikings might want to take the opportunity to upgrade the position and further the youth movement. Georgia outside linebacker Jarvis Jones will be long gone by the time the Vikings pick 23rd overall. But what about Notre Dame inside linebacker Manti Te’o? (Name rings a bell, eh?).

ESPN draft guru Mel Kiper Jr. still has Te’o going eighth overall to the Bills. But who knows where Te’o will end up once he’s been put through the pre-draft torture chamber, which is sure to be amped up even more for him. Who knows how the bizarre girlfriend hoax story will affect his draft stock. Personally, the feeling here is the multiple missed tackles and all those poor angles in the national championship game will affect his stock more than the phony girlfriend story.

Other possibilities at No. 23 if the Vikings don’t go receiver are inside linebackers Alec Ogletree of Georgia and Kevin Minter of LSU. Ogletree presumably would have to fall since Kiper now has him going No. 13 to Tampa Bay. (Of course, if there’s one thing that can be learned over 20-some years of watching this stuff unfold, it’s this: Players don’t always go where we sports media folks say they will. And when they don’t, we regroup and say the team picking the player either “reached” or got a “steal.” Then it takes about three years for reality to unfold. And by then, no one remembers anything.)

Reason for worry: Besides 2/3rds of the current crop of starting LBers being without a contract, let’s see …
    Depth also is a concern, especially with Mitchell also not under contract. Mitchell isn’t a standout player, but he did start in place of a concussed Henderson when the Vikings pulled that Week 3 stunner against the 49ers. Don’t know if you noticed, but the 49ers are a pretty physical, hard-running group. And Mitchell held his own.

Meanwhile, Larry Dean is Greenway’s backup. You have to love Dean’s story: The undersized D-II kid who made it to the NFL. Larry is an outstanding special teams player, but the defense most likely would be in big trouble if he were forced to step in for Greenway.

At middle linebacker, the backup is Audie Cole, who made the team basically because he returned two interceptions for touchdowns seconds apart in a preseason rout of the Bills. Cole has the height, speed and range you’d like to see in a middle linebacker in a Tampa 2-based scheme. But who knows how raw he really is. He was active for only five games and didn’t post a stat of any kind.

Listed third at middle linebacker is Tyrone McKenzie. He led the team in special teams tackles (20) before a shoulder injury kept him out of the playoff loss at Green Bay. At 26, he could be a special teams leader for a few more years.
    But, overall, the only untouchable on the roster at linebacker is Greenway. Any other spot is open to turnover.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...187446381.html

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Henderson thinks he's better than he is, and comes off as a needy douche. Hope he's gone.

vCash
    Henderson thinks he's better than he is, and comes off as a needy douche. Hope he's gone.
    A lot of that was editorialized by the press last year. Henderson was unhappy going into free agency because a week or so in the Vikings had yet to even make him an offer, they left him to wiggle for a while so they could set his market and he ended up signing a team friendly "prove-it" deal. The worst thing he said was "I know how much I should be worth." (this was before they made the offer) or something along those lines but a lot of the "animosity" was overblown. I'll side with the Pioneer Press (who actually talked to him) over the Strib on this one.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    V4LB-My Grandma wishes she was fast.
    Cheese-So maybe get her some rocket boosters?
    V4LB-Tape a cheetah to her back.
    Cheese-I see you have been thinking about this quite sometime.

V4LB-LOL

I love that commecial. AT&T.

70 TACKLES/4 SACKS/1 FF/3 FR/1TD
    (Season Stats)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    V4LB-My Grandma wishes she was fast.
    Cheese-So maybe get her some rocket boosters?
    V4LB-Tape a cheetah to her back.
    Cheese-I see you have been thinking about this quite sometime.

V4LB-LOL

I love that commecial. AT&T.
    lol

wasn't it a cheetah that they had in harold and kumar?

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    lol

wasn't it a cheetah that they had in harold and kumar?
    Yep. Lmao

70 TACKLES/4 SACKS/1 FF/3 FR/1TD
    (Season Stats)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    A lot of that was editorialized by the press last year. Henderson was unhappy going into free agency because a week or so in the Vikings had yet to even make him an offer, they left him to wiggle for a while so they could set his market and he ended up signing a team friendly "prove-it" deal. The worst thing he said was "I know how much I should be worth." (this was before they made the offer) or something along those lines but a lot of the "animosity" was overblown. I'll side with the Pioneer Press (who actually talked to him) over the Strib on this one.
    I've heard him talk enough to form my opinion. He thinks he's better than he is. He's a depth guy, nothing more really.

You ever listen to him with PA? Huge douchebag.

vCash
    I've heard him talk enough to form my opinion. He thinks he's better than he is. He's a depth guy, nothing more really.

You ever listen to him with PA? Huge douchebag.
    I don't regularly listen to KFAN but I remember in the 2010 off season PA let him host the show and he did an excellent job, he interviewed Moss, E.J. and somebody else (I think it was AP), really good show.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Yep, I remember that. Way before he had the false sense of entitlement he has now. It's as if he thinks because his bro was a fixture here so long he should be treated the same way. One of my least favorite Vikings.

vCash
    Wow, Erin Henderson is a super nice dude, talked to him numerous times, yeah he was upset he was only offered a one year deal last offseason but hes far from a douche.

Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast