Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

The 2013 Vikings roster thread (Small News, Discussion of players on the team(3)

Since the current roster thread has gone over 1000 posts, its time to start a new one. Since the regular season is nearly over, I decided to make this one with an eye on the future.

I will also be making regular updates to this first post as players are signed and cut ect.

Pending FAs
    *=starter

Unrestricted Free Agents
    Devin Aromashodu WR
    Jerome Simpson WR*
    Jerome Felton FB*
    Joe Berger C/G
    Phil Loadholt RT*
    Geoff Schwartz G/T
    Kevin Williams DT*
    Jasper Brinkley MLB*
    Erin Henderson OLB*
    Marvin Mitchell OLB
    Jamarca Sanford SS

Restricted Free Agents
    A.J. Jefferson CB
    Troy Kropog T/G RFA
    Andrew Sendejo SS RFA
    Marcus Sherels CB/PR RFA

Eye on the future, 2014 FAs
    Matt Asiata FB/RB (ERFA)
    Percy Harvin WR
    Michael Jenkins WR
    Allen Reisner TE RFA
    Charlie Johnson LG
    McLeod Bethel-Thompson QB (ERFA)
    Joe Webb QB
    Toby Gearhart RB
    Fred Evans DT
    Jared Allen DE
    Everson Griffen DE
    Brian Robison DE
    Larry Dean OLB RFA
    Tyrone Mkenzie MLB RFA
    Antoine Winfield CB
    Chris Cook CB

Draft Picks
    Draft order has not been decided yet
    1st round Pick
    2nd round Pick
    3rd round Pick
    4th round Pick (Detroit)
    4th round Pick
    5th round pick*
    6th round pick (Tennessee)
    6th round pick*
    7th round pick

It is likely that either or 5th or 6th round picks are involved in our trade for A.J. Jefferson with Arizona. While the compensation terms were not announced publicly, it was said that a draft pick exchange was involved, so since we're drafting later we could be giving up say our 6th round pick for Arizona's 7th or our 5th for their 6th.

Injuries
    Jered Allen RE (has been playing through a torn labrum in his shoulder for most of the year)

Brian Robison LE (sprained AC joint in Week 15, may not play in Week 16)

Jasper Brinkley MLB (minor shoulder injury Week 15)

Kyle Rudolph TE (minor shoulder injury Week 14)

Adrian Peterson RB (listed with a minor abdominal injury, likely just being rested for a few days)

Injured reserve/Suspended
    Percy Harvin WR (Grade 3 Ankle Sprain Week 9 vs Seattle, placed on IR before Week 14. Should be ready in time for mini-camp)

Chris Cook CB (Broken Arm Week 8 vs the Buccaneers, placed on IR and designated for return. Cook resumed practicing last week and should be ready to go for Week 16)

DeMarcus Love T (torn pectoral muscle at the end of the pre-season, placed on IR before Week 1, should be ready to go for mini-camp)

Nicholas Taylor CB/RS (signed March 16th, waived July 30th after tearing a labrum in his shoulder)

Greg Childs WR (IR August 4th, Tore the patellar tendons in both his knees)

Practice Squad
    Chase Baker DT
    Joe Banyard RB
    LeMark Brown WR/TE
    Bobby Felder CB
    Tyler Holmes T
    George Johnson DE
    Kevin Murphy T
    Chris Summers WR

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I could have sworn we signed Jerome to a 2 year deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    I could have sworn we signed Jerome to a 2 year deal.
    nope, 1 year "prove it" deal.

Jerome Simpson Wide Receiver 4/24/2012: Signed a one-year, $2 million contract. The deal included an initial roster bonus of $950,000. 2012: $800,000 (+ $250,000 workout bonus), 2013: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contr...fl/min/vikings

You're probably thinking of Jenkins who is under contract next year for like 2.5 million (which this team will never pay him in a million years)

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    nope, 1 year "prove it" deal.

Jerome Simpson Wide Receiver 4/24/2012: Signed a one-year, $2 million contract. The deal included an initial roster bonus of $950,000. 2012: $800,000 (+ $250,000 workout bonus), 2013: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contr...fl/min/vikings

You're probably thinking of Jenkins who is under contract next year for like 2.5 million (which this team will never pay him in a million years)
    Ok, that might be what I was thinking.

As shocking as it may be, I think the year Robison, Allen and Griffen are all free agents, our number 1 priority there should be Everson.

vCash
    I'm struggling with what I think we should do with Kevin Williams after this year and Jared Allen after next year. I really like both of them but I think they are going to command way too much money for the producion they are going to give us over the next 4-6 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    I'm struggling with what I think we should do with Kevin Williams after this year and Jared Allen after next year. I really like both of them but I think they are going to command way too much money for the producion they are going to give us over the next 4-6 years.
    I think Kevin Williams will stick around and we will draft a young DT to take his place and give him some help. Guion isn't probably going to keep his position long-term, but he has always been a great rotational guy and would continue to be with a rookie and Williams.

I am sure Jared Allen is well aware that his last contract was his big pay day and that he will not be expecting the same amount of money when it is time to renew his contract. I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to restructure his contract this season to try and lower his cap hit in exchange for a few more years.

vCash
    George Johnson - DL - Vikings
    Dec 22 - 2:40 PM

Vikings signed DE George Johnson from the practice squad and waived OL Mark Asper and TE Allen Reisner.

Johnson was promoted due to three Minnesota defensive ends being on the Week 16 injury report. Asper didn't play a single snap this season, while Reisner reeled in one pass for 13 yards.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    http://www.rotoworld.com/default.aspx?rw=1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    George Johnson - DL - Vikings
    Dec 22 - 2:40 PM
    I think this is because of Robison's injury. Still kind of funny though because I think we have good depth at DE with D'Aundre Reed, plus Ballard could easily play DE in a pinch. I think that they'll try to put Asper on the PS (they carried him on the active roster all year and I think he has PC eligibility) but that's probably all she wrote for Reisner since he's no longer eligible for the Practice Squad.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Chris Cook - DB - Vikings
    Dec 22 - 3:02 PM

Vikings activated CB Chris Cook (broken arm) from short-term injured reserve.

Cook has been practicing since the first week of December after breaking his arm in Week 8 against the Bucs. He'll return to his right corner spot, pushing A.J. Jefferson back to a reserve role. Cook's first test will be Houston's red-hot Andre Johnson.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?rw=1

vCash
    I really like Chris Cook and Kevin Williams but going forward I really don't know how much we can rely on either. If KWill takes a discount to remain here we should keep him but sooner or later he is going to regress so DT is a huge need, which brings me to CB, if Cook and Robinson are healthy all year I like that cmbination but with Cook's injury situatin he really worries me, thus making CB still an issue. Which is no good since our WRs are cmplete crap right now.

We basically "need" to find replacements for KWill and someone to help Harvin on the other side, I think that makes Michael Jenkins and Simpson expendable at this point. This is a very important offseason to add a DT because Letroy Guion is mediocre at best and KWill being a FA.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ellesmeire View Post
    I really like Chris Cook and Kevin Williams but going forward I really don't know how much we can rely on either. If KWill takes a discount to remain here we should keep him but sooner or later he is going to regress so DT is a huge need, which brings me to CB, if Cook and Robinson are healthy all year I like that cmbination but with Cook's injury situatin he really worries me, thus making CB still an issue. Which is no good since our WRs are cmplete crap right now.

We basically "need" to find replacements for KWill and someone to help Harvin on the other side, I think that makes Michael Jenkins and Simpson expendable at this point. This is a very important offseason to add a DT because Letroy Guion is mediocre at best and KWill being a FA.
    I'm not worried about Cook. People can throw about "injury prone" all they want, he injured his knee his rookie year and he recovered. I think he's had a concussion once too. Last year he missed most of it because of his domestic incident, and this year he broke his arm. None of these issues is related, if he had ongoing trouble with the knee or wasn't the same player when he came back I'd be worried. As things sit now I think that Cook should be good to go and even if he is a bit rusty I think he'll be fine today.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    I'm not worried about Cook. People can throw about "injury prone" all they want, he injured his knee his rookie year and he recovered. I think he's had a concussion once too. Last year he missed most of it because of his domestic incident, and this year he broke his arm. None of these issues is related, if he had ongoing trouble with the knee or wasn't the same player when he came back I'd be worried. As things sit now I think that Cook should be good to go and even if he is a bit rusty I think he'll be fine today.
    right... just one after another. he injured both knees his rookie year... one, then the next when he came back. the wrist... whats next? i like the kid, but his history is at LEAST cause to be cautious with the 2nd contract. in the preseason there was an article talking about how he wanted to earn the money he made last year while on paid leave. hopefully he remembers that when its time to talk contract extension and all the games hes missed even since coming back from paid leave.

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    I don't see us being able to retain Brinkley, Henderson, K.Will, Felton, and Loadholt this off season...All of which are key players to our team

Brinkley and Henderson thump, and imo i'd rather us bring back Brinkley than Henderson...both are playing very well this year though

Felton is going to be re-signed as well as Loadholt

and if K.Will wants to stay he will...I see another team making a ridiculous offer to him like the Skins or somebody

These next two off seasons are going to be huge for Spielman and the Vikings...Harvin, Griffen, Cook, and Allen/Robison need to be retained

vCash
    Mark Asper - C - Jaguars
    Jaguars claimed OL Mark Asper and TE Allen Reisner off waivers from the Vikings.
    The Bills, Eagles and Bucs also put in a claim for Asper. He didn't play a single snap with the Vikings this year, but will provide depth behind Brad Meester if active on Sunday. Reisner made a brief appearance filling in for John Carlson earlier this season.
    If I'm not mistaken we were trying to move Asper outside to play tackle but anyhow. Reisner is a good player too, wish we could have kept him on the roster vs Carlson (probably be just as productive) but nothing we can do about that now.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    The key players for me to resign is
    Loadholt
    Felton
    Shwartz-I want to see him start at a G spot next year.
    Berger-A good reserve
    Brinkley-his play has been improving the 2nd half of the season.

I've heard GM's around the NFL don't view E. Henderson as anything special, he will have very little to no interest on the open market. If the Vikings don't want him I could see him sitting till training camp. I personally think Erin has regressed this year and the Vikings should move on.

Brinkley has really stepped up and played well this year I would like to see him as a 2 down OLB next year.

I think the future at DE should be Robison and Griffin and we should let Allen play out his contract and walk. I also think you let Kevin even though I don't love his replacements.

This team needs in order are, 3 new WR's, 1 CB Brent Grimes please, 1 starter DT, 1 starter LB.

Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast