Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bhooks80 View Post
    We got one heck of a football player. I haven't seen very many rookie players at any defensive position come in as game ready as MO. Just wait til next year when he makes a leap and continues to develop like Revis did.

He is a very special player.
    I was very impressed by his play yesterday. I remember a play yesterday where he was beaten inside and came back, got his hand on the ball not just the WR's arm to ensure the ball was not caught. Great defensive play in hard redzone coverage. He made a few plays but that one really stuck out to me.

vCash
    he is the 2nd best corner in the draft and the 2nd best rookie CB. COuld have traded back and picked up Janoris Jenkins
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    Who do you put above him that entered the league this year? Not arguing I am just curious.

vCash
    this sort of conversation is funny to me for a couple reasons:

1. when we traded up to get Claiborne so many people were excited and praised it a smart move.

2. People are using hindsight to judge whether or not he was the best corner in the draft.

3. He is and was the best corner in the draft based solely on his current ability at the time and project-ability.

4. Janoris Jenkins and Dre Kirkpatrick were who many people in this forum wanted because at the time, reaching to get Claiborne was a pipe dream. No one thought it was even possible.

5. Kirkpatrick and Jenkins both have off the field issues and I for one am against taking such a risk.

6. He's a rookie why the rush to judge? Give it time

7. In a year from now when Claiborne has grown into his role many people will say it was a smart move.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    this sort of conversation is funny to me for a couple reasons:

1. when we traded up to get Claiborne so many people were excited and praised it a smart move.

2. People are using hindsight to judge whether or not he was the best corner in the draft.

3. He is and was the best corner in the draft based solely on his current ability at the time and project-ability.

4. Janoris Jenkins and Dre Kirkpatrick were who many people in this forum wanted because at the time, reaching to get Claiborne was a pipe dream. No one thought it was even possible.

5. Kirkpatrick and Jenkins both have off the field issues and I for one am against taking such a risk.

6. He's a rookie why the rush to judge? Give it time

7. In a year from now when Claiborne has grown into his role many people will say it was a smart move.
    I was happy with the Claiborne trade up, but I was one who wanted Kirkpatrick or Jenkins because of their off field problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    I was happy with the Claiborne trade up, but I was one who wanted Kirkpatrick or Jenkins because of their off field problems.
    wait, you WANTED them because of their off field problems or is that a typo?

and, IMO, we got the best defensive player in the draft at the time...there is nothing that I have seen since then that proves otherwise...a few pick 6's doesn't change my mind...that just means that they are throwing at him and he made some nice plays...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    wait, you WANTED them because of their off field problems or is that a typo?

and, IMO, we got the best defensive player in the draft at the time...there is nothing that I have seen since then that proves otherwise...a few pick 6's doesn't change my mind...that just means that they are throwing at him and he made some nice plays...
    not a typo we all know I enjoy players with off field problems who show they can produce on the field. Jenkins would have been the top defensive player if not for the trouble, but except for one game i have liked Claiborne. Remember I was really really high on Vontaze Burfict and looked how that turned out for the Bengals and looked how we ended up. If they not out commiting terrible crimes and produce on the field i'm all for bringing them in. Just look at Dez

vCash
    burfict is a player you cant count on... is he good? sure... but will he be suspended? IDK. ill take lee 10/10 times. or bruce carter, who you can count on to not only be good players, that wont be suspended, but can also be good role models for our kids.

dez, IMO, doesnt get in the trouble that jenkins, or the other guys do. ( drugs, police etc.) I know that he got into a scuffle with his mom. but thats a domestic thing, i kinda understand.

regardless, even dez knows you cant do that type of thing.
    NOBODY WANTS A THUG. NOBODY.

there not marketable, there not dependable, and there typically not good players.

if your out getting high and drunk every night, your probally not going to be in great conditioning, or know the play book very well...

and you must not have kids...

this is america's team. i love them. i want them to win the superbowl.

i want my kids to love them. i want my kids to root for them with me.

im not going to have my kids looking up to a bunch of thugs, or immoral douchebags.

id rather be 1-15 and have good players, then be 16-0 win the superbowl, and have a team of rapist, child molesters, drug addicts, gang bangers..

i dont care if there cocky. they can have a bad *** attitude. they can dress like a thug. they can get in a fight or to on the field. thats fine with me. they can have swag...

but.

i dont want any players that are on drugs, (repeat offenders) or cant stay out of trouble..

(pacman jones)

i love dez. he is young. he sagged. big deal. he didnt pay some bills. ( hey, im guilty of that sometimes, no big deal)

he had a fight with his mom.. that is a big deal... strike one....

i think he grew up though.. so, im ok... but, i dont want thugs..

and when you have kids, maybe you will fill the same way to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    not a typo we all know I enjoy players with off field problems who show they can produce on the field. Jenkins would have been the top defensive player if not for the trouble, but except for one game i have liked Claiborne. Remember I was really really high on Vontaze Burfict and looked how that turned out for the Bengals and looked how we ended up. If they not out commiting terrible crimes and produce on the field i'm all for bringing them in. Just look at Dez
    Ok but by your first post you said you wanted them because they have off the field problems as if that's one of the most important criteria.

You and I will clearly disagree about this issue. And by the way, what's a "terrible crime" and how does someone draw a fine line and define terrible crime when you're not the one who's affected by the off the field issue?

Example: a business owner of a night club loses business because of a NFL player who gets drunk and causes fights in his night club. To the owner that might be a terrible crime because it affects his ability to provide for his family, but to you it's not a terrible crime. That sort of disregard on that player's part is a mindset that will snowball out of control and affect his relationships with his teammates and coaches, thus dividing the locker room and causing the team to break apart. To you that may not look like a terrible crime yet it affects the team, society, and all people involved in the same way.

For me, I'd prefer people to be considerate of others around them and realize they aren't the only people alive. When you live by that standard the chances of hurting people, teams, and society are diminished greatly, rather than trying to dance around the line of what is or isn't accepted as a terrible crime.

"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    burfict is a player you cant count on... is he good? sure... but will he be suspended? IDK. ill take lee 10/10 times. or bruce carter, who you can count on to not only be good players, that wont be suspended, but can also be good role models for our kids.

dez, IMO, doesnt get in the trouble that jenkins, or the other guys do. ( drugs, police etc.) I know that he got into a scuffle with his mom. but thats a domestic thing, i kinda understand.

regardless, even dez knows you cant do that type of thing.
    NOBODY WANTS A THUG. NOBODY.

there not marketable, there not dependable, and there typically not good players.

if your out getting high and drunk every night, your probally not going to be in great conditioning, or know the play book very well...

and you must not have kids...

this is america's team. i love them. i want them to win the superbowl.

i want my kids to love them. i want my kids to root for them with me.

im not going to have my kids looking up to a bunch of thugs, or immoral douchebags.

id rather be 1-15 and have good players, then be 16-0 win the superbowl, and have a team of rapist, child molesters, drug addicts, gang bangers..

i dont care if there cocky. they can have a bad *** attitude. they can dress like a thug. they can get in a fight or to on the field. thats fine with me. they can have swag...

but.

i dont want any players that are on drugs, (repeat offenders) or cant stay out of trouble..

(pacman jones)

i love dez. he is young. he sagged. big deal. he didnt pay some bills. ( hey, im guilty of that sometimes, no big deal)

he had a fight with his mom.. that is a big deal... strike one....

i think he grew up though.. so, im ok... but, i dont want thugs..

and when you have kids, maybe you will fill the same way to.
    First off as a father your kids should look to you as a role model if not then your not doing something right. An athlete should never be looked up to as a role model. I don't think anybody wants rapist on their team, but personally i don't care how athletes act in their spare time off the field. I grew up loving Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders but I never wanted to rape women or hit a few lines of the good stuff. I have kids but I show them how to grow up and I don't depend on some 25 yr old that they will never meet teach them. Allen Iverson is what you consider to be a "thug" and he was very marketable more so than grant Hill. Burfict has showed nothing that he will be getting suspended and I don't think he was ever suspended while playing at ASU. i wouldn't take him over Carter or Lee but we have to realize that both are injury prone players and will miss just as much time as Murray misses a season. Tell me would you take Burfict over Conner and Simms? I know I would and I wouldn't even have to think twice about that

vCash
    Ok but by your first post you said you wanted them because they have off the field problems as if that's one of the most important criteria.

You and I will clearly disagree about this issue. And by the way, what's a "terrible crime" and how does someone draw a fine line and define terrible crime when you're not the one who's affected by the off the field issue?

Example: a business owner of a night club loses business because of a NFL player who gets drunk and causes fights in his night club. To the owner that might be a terrible crime because it affects his ability to provide for his family, but to you it's not a terrible crime. That sort of disregard on that player's part is a mindset that will snowball out of control and affect his relationships with his teammates and coaches, thus dividing the locker room and causing the team to break apart. To you that may not look like a terrible crime yet it affects the team, society, and all people involved in the same way.

For me, I'd prefer people to be considerate of others around them and realize they aren't the only people alive. When you live by that standard the chances of hurting people, teams, and society are diminished greatly, rather than trying to dance around the line of what is or isn't accepted as a terrible crime.
    Someone getting in trouble for smoking chronic is not a serious crime at all or sagging in the mall. Shooting somebody in the head or killing folks drunk driving is serious. A club fight not a horrible crime because they happen all the time even when regular bums are in there

vCash
    okay so you're using the "law" as a way to define horrible crimes. But what about the people involved? Don't they have a right to define what's horrible to them?

A bar fight is a crime because many bar fights lead to intoxication, driving deaths, guns, etc. So as the crime of punching someone in the fact is not as extreme as shooting it can and most often leads to other violent crimes. Not to mention the negative effect it has on the business itself, so the owner himself may categorize a bar fight as a terrible crime when his livelihood is on the line.

Smoking Chronic as you put does not appear to be a problem but yet there's far more carcinogens in marijuana than cigarettes. So factor in the increase in medicine which in turn rises the cost for medical care in the future for all people so you are in turn affected by this. Not to mention that it helps to breed other forms of drug use and can impair someone when driving, so imagine an impaired individual getting behind the wheel and killing a pedestrian, but then arguing the claim "well Smoking Chronic is not a serious crime". If the person was not "high" they wouldn't have been impaired to a point where they couldn't notice what was going on.

This all falls on morals and values and i myself prefer a player who has sound judgment based on their moral code then the opposite. I feel they have a better chance at contributing to the team and society than someone of the opposite stature.

"

vCash
    okay so you're using the "law" as a way to define horrible crimes. But what about the people involved? Don't they have a right to define what's horrible to them?

A bar fight is a crime because many bar fights lead to intoxication, driving deaths, guns, etc. So as the crime of punching someone in the fact is not as extreme as shooting it can and most often leads to other violent crimes. Not to mention the negative effect it has on the business itself, so the owner himself may categorize a bar fight as a terrible crime when his livelihood is on the line.

Smoking Chronic as you put does not appear to be a problem but yet there's far more carcinogens in marijuana than cigarettes. So factor in the increase in medicine which in turn rises the cost for medical care in the future for all people so you are in turn affected by this. Not to mention that it helps to breed other forms of drug use and can impair someone when driving, so imagine an impaired individual getting behind the wheel and killing a pedestrian, but then arguing the claim "well Smoking Chronic is not a serious crime". If the person was not "high" they wouldn't have been impaired to a point where they couldn't notice what was going on.

This all falls on morals and values and i myself prefer a player who has sound judgment based on their moral code then the opposite. I feel they have a better chance at contributing to the team and society than someone of the opposite stature.
    I think your trying to out think yourself with this and its just stupid

vCash
    i love this sort of reply. I post something very logical and follow up with my opinion and your choice response is "it's stupid". Very mature. You've clearly shown me that any sort of real conversation with you is now impossible. You can reply all you want, but from this point on I won't acknowledge your opinions.

"

vCash
    i love this sort of reply. I post something very logical and follow up with my opinion and your choice response is "it's stupid". Very mature. You've clearly shown me that any sort of real conversation with you is now impossible. You can reply all you want, but from this point on I won't acknowledge your opinions.
    lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast