Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zedrix View Post
    Bulls will have more flexibility in 2014 if they can avoid paying the tax now.

Bulls keep Boozer's expiring contract and can afford to extend Deng. They don't have to dismantle the team like they did in 2010. They can afford to keep the team intact, because they can pay the luxury for another season.
    The team won't have any more flexibility, but it will save money. That's the only reason the Bulls would release Nate, trade Rip, etc. The team is still hamstrung by their cap figure and cannot add much that's relevant unless Boozer is amnestied/expires or Noah/Deng are traded.

vCash
    I'll revive this thread, because Booz has been playing good lately.

One of benefits of avoiding luxury tax this season, is keeping Boozer until 2014 without paying the repeaters penalty.

"PLAN A" in 2014 was to amnesty Boozer and lure either Bron or Melo. But what if they don't come to chicago?
    Then the bulls go to "PLAN B," which is to resign Deng and keep the core intact. But resigning Deng would leave them less room in the cap to replace Boozer(assuming the amnesty him). Which brings up the question, "Is there a need to amnesty Boozer if Bron and Melo ditch the bulls?"

The only reason the bulls would amnesty Boozer in 2014 is to avoid repeaters pay. But they have option now to avoid it by dealing Hamilton to the rockets for the draft rights of a guy named Furkan ALdemir.

vCash
    I don't think Melo would be part of any initial plans honestly. The Bulls could've easily acquired him when he was on the block out in Denver (include Deng + one of Gibson or Asik + picks) and they weren't interested.

vCash
    If I recall correctly, Denver wants Noah and the Bulls won't give him up.

Aside from Bron and Melo in 2014, I don't see a reason for the Bulls to break up. Unless they'll try to avoid repeaters penalty(which they can now by dumping Rip before the trade deadline).

vCash
    If they aren't winning with the same pieces by then it would be time to bring in some new pieces . I do see Deng coming back on a very friendly contract though .

vCash
    Only two Bulls on this Roster have a spot more than 4 years .

vCash
    I hear you. Coveted free agent's don't settle for "friendly" contracts. Take Boozer for example. And his not the only one of his kind in 2010. There's D.Lee and A.Stoudamire.

But my point here is, the Bulls can stick with the core if Bron and Melo snub them. They can do that because they have Deng's bird rights.

My assumption is the bulls will go under the tax this season. Then they pay they tax in 2013 and 2014(assuming Bron and Melo ditch them). Clear salary in 2015 by trading Luol Deng and Taj Gibson. With Booz salary off the books, the bulls can cater Kevin Love.

Noah, K.Love, Mirotic, Butler, D.Rose in 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123 View Post
    If they aren't winning with the same pieces by then it would be time to bring in some new pieces . I do see Deng coming back on a very friendly contract though .

vCash
    Boozer's contract was very team friendly when he signed it that summer. He could've received more, but he actually took less and convinced both Korver and Brewer to come with him to Chicago.

vCash
    Yeah, Boozer had a bigger offer from the Nets.

vCash
    I think Deng would give the bulls discount, if they include in the contract the "No Trade Clause."

Though I don't think that the bulls will amnesty Boozer if Melo or Bron won't come to chicago. They can keep both Booz and Deng because they have Deng's bird rights. The problem is the repeaters pay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12