Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    It make sense and if he really wants it he can get it, the guy is in amazing shape and becoming more ad more efficient. But with that said I am not sure he wants to play that much longer and he still has a very good chance to win some rings. It all comes down to if Kobe still wants to keep working as hard as he works to stay in shape, that takes a toll on a player and I am not sure he wants to do that for 3 or 4 more season, but I have no doubt he would still be a great player at age 38 just based on his basketball IQ

vCash
    I feel sorry for anybody who even considers believing this crap.
    I'm a Lakers fan...BUT:

1) No I don't think Kobe > MJ

2) No I don't think LeBron sucks.

3) No I don't think it's funny to continuously make jokes about Charles Osborne.

vCash
    If he was ONLY focused on scoring, he wouldnt get so pissed when they lose stupid *** games..

vCash
    Kobe is done playing in the NBA after next year regardless of his point total and ring total. He has eluded to this several times, and would not do so if he planned to break records. I think Kobe is hanging it up after next season, and whatever his numbers finish at, he will be happy. I'm pretty sure he has something else on his mind for his post NBA career, and is excited to get that started. Unfortunately, I have not been able to figure out what it is that Kobe is looking forward to after his contract expires next season. You can tell though that it is not resigning to come back. I think it comes down to a few things: ESPN Analyst, Coach, or Professional Italian Basketball. I find it hard to believe that Kobe is going to sit at home all day and play with his daughters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimos21 View Post
    Kobe is done playing in the NBA after next year regardless of his point total and ring total. He has eluded to this several times, and would not do so if he planned to break records. I think Kobe is hanging it up after next season, and whatever his numbers finish at, he will be happy. I'm pretty sure he has something else on his mind for his post NBA career, and is excited to get that started. Unfortunately, I have not been able to figure out what it is that Kobe is looking forward to after his contract expires next season. You can tell though that it is not resigning to come back. I think it comes down to a few things: ESPN Analyst, Coach, or Professional Italian Basketball. I find it hard to believe that Kobe is going to sit at home all day and play with his daughters.
    ... you do realize that he's recently said that he wants to play until he's 40, right?

Regardless of whether or not he actually does play until he's 40, if you think he's only playing another season and a half I believe you are terribly mistaken.
    I'm a Lakers fan...BUT:

1) No I don't think Kobe > MJ

2) No I don't think LeBron sucks.

3) No I don't think it's funny to continuously make jokes about Charles Osborne.

vCash
    I dont buy it

vCash
    I didn't even bother to read the post, primarily because it's been obvious to everyone for a few years that Kobe has his sights set on Kareem's record. It's a one-two punch in terms of legacy, allowing him to knock off a great Laker and a great NBA player in one achievement.

The more pressing issue is whether Kobe wants rings or that record more, because I don't believe he can have both. If he wants to score 25+ a night for the next two or three years he certainly can, but only on volume shooting that disrupts and retards the team. If he wants to be part of a lethal team, he's going to have to use energy on the defensive end and take easier, more high-percentage shots on offense.

And yeah, Puker is an idiot.

vCash
    Yet he's having one of his best seasons scoring, rebounding, and assist wise? he's been a top 3-5 player all season, can't fault him for his teammates picking and choosing when to show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    If Kobe is really content on scoring like that he will never get a 6th ring...starting to think Kobe cares more about personal accomplishments rather than titles..I hope that is not the case.

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe2324 View Post
    It make sense and if he really wants it he can get it, the guy is in amazing shape and becoming more ad more efficient. But with that said I am not sure he wants to play that much longer and he still has a very good chance to win some rings. It all comes down to if Kobe still wants to keep working as hard as he works to stay in shape, that takes a toll on a player and I am not sure he wants to do that for 3 or 4 more season, but I have no doubt he would still be a great player at age 38 just based on his basketball IQ
    This.

vCash
    MJ was pretty good in his late 30s, even into age 40. I'm quite sure Kobe, who has the best work ethic in the NBA, could not only score 40k but also win a couple more rings with this squad. Once everything clicks, the sky is the limit for Kobe and the entire Lakers team

vCash
    Kobe will soon hold the title of most shots missed in NBA history. That's a terrible record to own.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba..._a_career.html

Kobe Bryant is on pace to break the record for most missed shots in a career, according to some fun research by John Hollinger at ESPN.
    likely to fall is John Havlicek’s record for missed field goals, which Kobe Bryant should break at some point early in the 2013-14 season. My method gives him a 97 percent chance of setting the mark, which essentially means that barring an injury Kobe will hold the record. His current rate is 866 misses a season and he’s only 2,204 short of the record.

Bryant may not own this one for long, however, as several younger players have established a shot to re-break it once he’s moved on. LeBron James (33.3 percent chance to set record), Durant (23.8 percent) and Carmelo Anthony (23.7 percent) all stand a chance to surpass Havlicek in the later parts of their careers.

vCash
    He should be focused on sharing the basketball

LAKERS / PACKERS / DODGERS / KINGS / 18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistix View Post
    Kobe will soon hold the title of most shots missed in NBA history. That's a terrible record to own.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba..._a_career.html

Kobe Bryant is on pace to break the record for most missed shots in a career, according to some fun research by John Hollinger at ESPN.
    likely to fall is John Havlicek’s record for missed field goals, which Kobe Bryant should break at some point early in the 2013-14 season. My method gives him a 97 percent chance of setting the mark, which essentially means that barring an injury Kobe will hold the record. His current rate is 866 misses a season and he’s only 2,204 short of the record.

Bryant may not own this one for long, however, as several younger players have established a shot to re-break it once he’s moved on. LeBron James (33.3 percent chance to set record), Durant (23.8 percent) and Carmelo Anthony (23.7 percent) all stand a chance to surpass Havlicek in the later parts of their careers.
    Kobe Bryant is the Brett Favre of the NBA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    MJ was pretty good in his late 30s, even into age 40. I'm quite sure Kobe, who has the best work ethic in the NBA, could not only score 40k but also win a couple more rings with this squad. Once everything clicks, the sky is the limit for Kobe and the entire Lakers team
    I don't believe both are possible, he will have to choose between shooting his way to 40k or playing unselfish championship contending basketball.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast