Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who will start the season as the #2? And which pitcher is most talented?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Morrow will be the #2 and is the most talented.

10 20.00%
  • Morrow will be the #2 but Johnson is the most talented.

3 6.00%
  • Johnson will be the #2 and is the most talented.

22 44.00%
  • Johnson will be the #2 but Morrow is the most talented.

15 30.00%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    If you've been following my posts, you'll see I'm optimistic but I am tempering that optimism because I agree.

They have to play the games. IMHO though, lots has to go wrong for this team not to at least compete for a playoff spot. The rotation is comparable to the best in the majors, and the lineup is as well.

Not too many holes, but a lot of ifs. Conversely, there are always unexpected positives, see EE and Jansen.

Is it ST yet?
    Oh I understand that. My post was directed towards you. I can't wait till ST either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    If they make the playoffs, then they will use 4 or maybe even 3. No need to go 5 unless they have to play the one-off wild card, and even then the following series would only see 4.

Nothing better to go knuckleballer, hard righty, followed by a lefty. The other two become stand aside starters(bullpen) just in case someone has not brought their A game.
    So you are suggesting that it would not be Dickey, JJ and Morrow in a 3 game series?? As of right now thats insane. Maybe the season plays out differently and Morrow craps the bed and Romero returns to a 6 WAR starter but as of now... no way.
    If you are worried about changing looks or timing of the hitters go JJ/Morrow, Dickey, JJ/Morrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifty1 69 View Post
    So you are suggesting that it would not be Dickey, JJ and Morrow in a 3 game series?? As of right now thats insane. Maybe the season plays out differently and Morrow craps the bed and Romero returns to a 6 WAR starter but as of now... no way.
    If you are worried about changing looks or timing of the hitters go JJ/Morrow, Dickey, JJ/Morrow.
    I'm sure we have all played and hit and various levels, but I can't see personally any difference the rotation setup would make. Each day is a new day for a hitter. My timing the next day was never messed up from the previous day's starter whether kuckler or whatever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    I'm sure we have all played and hit and various levels, but I can't see personally any difference the rotation setup would make. Each day is a new day for a hitter. My timing the next day was never messed up from the previous day's starter whether kuckler or whatever.
    I tend to agree with that. I think it does make a difference within the game though....going from a knuckler to a reliever that throws heat can really mess you up some.

vCash
    Gotta go with Johnson, just can't ignore his two ace seasons. JJ is more proven although Morrow seriously is just filthy and is my favourite player. As of next season though Morrow could be better as he was better last season (albeit injured) it's really close. Morrow should get more wins facing bottom of the rotation starters and Johnson should have an advantage of having a better ERA after pitching following R.A Dickey. If those two stay healthy I say we have the best rotation in MLB.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Does it really matter...just give a QS no matter what spot you're in. Happy for Ricky to win 20 in the 5th spot.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456