Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

The Potential of the Giants going forward

I couldn't think of a great name for this thread, but I was thinking about this a lot today while we're all beyond happy about the recent years of the Giants, the rings etc ...Do you REALISTICALLY think Eli TC and the rest of the two Super Bowl winners have a chance at a 3rd one, whether it be this year or in the what would have to be relatively near future. My honest guest would have to be no, unless we draft out of our mind, which isn't impossible but theres nothing you can hang your hat on, and say YES we're gonna be a 12 win team for the foreseeable future bc we've never really been that.

Btw Idk about you guys, but as happy as I am about 2007/2011 ..I cannot begin to tell how much 2008 eats at me. ..think about a Giants history where we won 2007,2008,2011 ...let that marinate for a second, there is no doubt in my mind that was the best team of the three teams i mentioned, and the best team since the 90 team, we destroyed that tough schedule, we took it to teams, anyone remember that Raven game? We ran down their throat...

vCash

Wink

You say we're going to be a 12 win team for the foreseeable future, yet we've only gone 12-4 once under TC and 11-5 I think twice. In order to play to our potential (which IMO is BETTER than what we were in 2008, coughlin's gonna have to change something like he did in 07. What he has to change I don't think anybody knows. But it's hard to say you're living up to your potential when every year for the first 8 weeks you have complete control over the East and by week 15 were fighting for our playoff lives.

It's frustrating that the second half collapse is in full effect like always and it's even more frustrating that TC gets a pass on doing anything about it bc he won the Super Bowl last year. I know it's near impossible to repeat but, damn at least try...

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    I'm still pissed about 2008 as well. I remember when we were 10-1 getting ready for the Redskins...then I heard the news about Plax shooting himself in the leg on a local radio station...and remember feeling like the wind was knocked out of me.

I understand how you feel, the second half colapses have been frustrating .....winning it all in 2008 then falling off for 3 years...its frustrating....BUT BUT BUT if we can put together back to back SB that would be something special and kind of make up for the disappointing let downs.

As far as the future and potential winning more championships the time should be now...we are so close to another chip...win this one...we go into next season with a mindset to celebrate in our building with an unprecident 3 peat in our staduim in front of our fans.

I believe in this team...we got guys that can get it done...we just have to refocus and go for history.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    We were in this exact same position last year. Hope was lost around the league for us, we fell out of first place, etc. If we can get everyone healthy and back on the field, we can compete with anyone. All it takes from here on out is 6 good games from our defense and we could be holding that Lombardi Trophy again. You have to think the players know that as well.

Going forward, I see no reason why this core couldn't compete for years. Eli, Nicks, Cruz, Brown, Wilson (Bennett and Bradshaw maybe?) should anchor the offense, and the defense is always solid when healthy. We have the core, it's a matter of putting complimentary pieces around them, which Reese has done an excellent job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    You say we're going to be a 12 win team for the foreseeable future, yet we've only gone 12-4 once under TC and 11-5 I think twice. In order to play to our potential (which IMO is BETTER than what we were in 2008, coughlin's gonna have to change something like he did in 07. What he has to change I don't think anybody knows. But it's hard to say you're living up to your potential when every year for the first 8 weeks you have complete control over the East and by week 15 were fighting for our playoff lives.

It's frustrating that the second half collapse is in full effect like always and it's even more frustrating that TC gets a pass on doing anything about it bc he won the Super Bowl last year. I know it's near impossible to repeat but, damn at least try...
    No I'm saying its not like we can say we are one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    I'm still pissed about 2008 as well. I remember when we were 10-1 getting ready for the Redskins...then I heard the news about Plax shooting himself in the leg on a local radio station...and remember feeling like the wind was knocked out of me.

I understand how you feel, the second half colapses have been frustrating .....winning it all in 2008 then falling off for 3 years...its frustrating....BUT BUT BUT if we can put together back to back SB that would be something special and kind of make up for the disappointing let downs.

As far as the future and potential winning more championships the time should be now...we are so close to another chip...win this one...we go into next season with a mindset to celebrate in our building with an unprecident 3 peat in our staduim in front of our fans.
    I believe in this team...we got guys that can get it done...we just have to refocus and go for history.
    I remember that game, Toomer had a deep catch a long the sideline and we won that game pretty easily.

vCash
    If you doubt Eli, Coughlin, Reese, Mara, etc. at THIS point......there's no hope for ya.

Ask a Chiefs fan if they'd trade problems with you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    If you doubt Eli, Coughlin, Reese, Mara, etc. at THIS point......there's no hope for ya.

Ask a Chiefs fan if they'd trade problems with you.
    I don't doubt them, I just wish they were more consistent in the reg season

vCash
    Man STFU. Our past two road to the super bowls were nothing short of miracles and both super bowl wins were miracles also. The road to the super bowl is about the ride. It has ups and down and at points you would laugh during those seasons to think super bowl and the giants in the same sentence.

This team is not a dominant regular season team. It never has been and fans get acustom and bored by that. IMO this is the best way to win super bowls amd these were the greatest rid any fan could ask for.

If you expect to win the super bowl every season then you have no clue about football. Go ask an eagles fan or a browns fan or a team who never even made it to a conference championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    I don't doubt them, I just wish they were more consistent in the reg season
    No doubt about that.