Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    If Trout only gets better after this year and plays for 17-20 years, I see no reason why anyone would vote no.

Let's see what he does in his 2nd year of baseball before we put him in the hall.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post

Let's see what he does in his 2nd year of baseball before we put him in the hall.
    I think he used the quantifier "if" so i don't really get where the facepalm comes from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    There is one voter who says she purposefully never votes anyone in.
    Struggling to not say joke about women's right to vote......kitchen......struggling....not sure if okay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post

I can see you haven't read my post right after that.

I'm just speculating really. I just said Trout's name because he had an incredible season this year and was the first person to come to mind. You could make the case for any player in the past who got voted no. Ruth, Mays, Ryan, etc...

How could someone explain themselves for saying that Babe Ruth does not belong in the Hall of Fame?
    Thanks for the reply.

vCash
    Isn't character a part of the decision-making process for voting for the HoF? For example, I remember seeing a movie about him where he punched out an umpire while he was pitching. The movie also depicted several other incidents of his troubled lifestyle. I think some of the voters held that against him.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Some interesting notes on Babe

He couldn't hit a curveball, but not many pitchers threw them. He greatly struggled with curveballs.

There have been some studies that 're-create' the home runs of Ruth's career. He would likely have been awarded a lot more home runs because of a few factors. If a ball hit the foul pole, it was ruled a ground-rule double. And if a ball hooked around the foul pole, it was a foul ball. One study said he would have had as many as 104 home runs in one year (believable or not). But that same study ignores that he was playing in the polo grounds, which had a joke of a right field.

He was so hot tempered that it was partially the reason he was traded from the Red Sox, and why he was almost traded from the Yankees in 23 after a suspension.

The Red Sox were offered 60,000 and Joe Jackson for Babe Ruth in 1919. The Red Sox preferred the financial offer from the Yankees which came with a loan. Babe wanted out of Boston because he wanted a raise to double his current pay, and Fraze wanted him out because of his attitude. Fraze was convinced Ruth would fail and got as much for him as he could find.
    Yeah the Polo Grounds put Mel Ott on the map.

Yeah the Yanks almost did get rid of Ruth after '23.

Funny that such a legendary team won so few titles. The DiMaggio and then Mantle eras produced a lot more.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Isn't character a part of the decision-making process for voting for the HoF? For example, I remember seeing a movie about him where he punched out an umpire while he was pitching. The movie also depicted several other incidents of his troubled lifestyle. I think some of the voters held that against him.
    Fights between players and players and players and umps were quite common back then. If you go back before 1910 or so there were fights with crowds, and all sorts of stuff going on.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    How was Babe Ruth not unanimous for the Baseball Hall of Fame?

And has any Baseball player ever been unanimous?
    Because he was the biggest dick in the league

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas:24820608
    There is one voter who says she purposefully never votes anyone in.
    they should take her vote away. Thats a joke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Some interesting notes on Babe

He couldn't hit a curveball, but not many pitchers threw them. He greatly struggled with curveballs.

There have been some studies that 're-create' the home runs of Ruth's career. He would likely have been awarded a lot more home runs because of a few factors. If a ball hit the foul pole, it was ruled a ground-rule double. And if a ball hooked around the foul pole, it was a foul ball. One study said he would have had as many as 104 home runs in one year (believable or not). But that same study ignores that he was playing in the polo grounds, which had a joke of a right field.

He was so hot tempered that it was partially the reason he was traded from the Red Sox, and why he was almost traded from the Yankees in 23 after a suspension.

The Red Sox were offered 60,000 and Joe Jackson for Babe Ruth in 1919. The Red Sox preferred the financial offer from the Yankees which came with a loan. Babe wanted out of Boston because he wanted a raise to double his current pay, and Fraze wanted him out because of his attitude. Fraze was convinced Ruth would fail and got as much for him as he could find.
    What if he did roids and not alcohol? 200 homeruns?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    What if he did roids and not alcohol? 200 homeruns?
    You forgot the hot dogs...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234