Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    4 year 35, 16.6 guaranteed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Glad he doesn't know how the **** to use a reflexive clause. ****ing idiot.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Roughly 5yr/$35M and $18M garunteed. It is about a million and half less than what he would get in the tag but it is a long term deal. Seems fair for both sides. The Bears might not want to do tag tag gone because after next year they may have to tag Cutler if they don't extend him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Roughly 5yr/$35M and $18M garunteed. It is about a million and half less than what he would get in the tag but it is a long term deal. Seems fair for both sides. The Bears might not want to do tag tag gone because after next year they may have to tag Cutler if they don't extend him.
    This sounds about right to me. Maybe only $16m guaranteed.

vCash
    I think Melton is great player - but the "best". I don't know about that.

I do hope we resign him, but let's not break the bank.

vCash
    Oh good to see he isn't getting a big head....

He is a good player...but definitely not the best in the league though...

vCash
    We may use the tag on Melton this year, but not next year. I think Jay gets double tagged.

vCash
    Melton is a good player and considering where he 1st started in this league and on this team, he has done quite well in terms of performance. I like him on our team and I hope he stays around with us for a while.

I really like our starting DT in Melton and Paea. With the demands that are placed on DT in the trenches, he has improved every year. I hope we can sign him for good team friendly deal. Depth is important on our line.

Our defensive line has been very good this year due to good depth and players stepping up. I hope it can continue in the future, but for this year, I would love to see our front four get the QB pressure that they were getting at the beginning of the year as we make our Superbowl run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    We may use the tag on Melton this year, but not next year. I think Jay gets double tagged.
    As I understand it the tag is a salary based on the average of the top 5 players at your position. I'm guessing but I think the average salary of Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and the Mannnings would be more than what we could easily sign Jay for. He won't command that kind of money nor should he get it. He said, if I'm not mistaken, that he would take less if it meant improving the team.

vCash

Melton: "there is not another better D-tackle in the league than myself"

I've been praisin him for years. He's my favorite defensive bear, and worth every penny. I don't believe in being cheap when it comes to locking up players we need. I don't believe he is expendable. Peppers, Melton, cutler, Marshall, Jennings and alshon are the only ones I can say this about. Do whatever it takes to lock these players up.

vCash
    Jennings is expendable.

He's played damn well this year, but his history suggests it's not what to expect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Jennings is expendable.

He's played damn well this year, but his history suggests it's not what to expect.
    Notice that he played a lot better when the pass rush was better? Hm....

vCash
    It's pretty sad, we really have weak depth despite our desire to believe otherwise.

After Jennings, we got Hayden. Or Moore. Who else? Moving him opens up a huge hole. I don't think he's expendable, and I definitely would keep him through the contract.

Our safety depth is awful. Steltz sucks. So we probably have to draft another safety, can't depend on Hardin being there.

If we were to trade Melton for a couple high picks, we'd have a nice chance to replenish, but that would be hard to adjust to. I really like Collins and Paea has had some moments, Izzy can help on the inside but I'm not exactly enthralled if that's our rotation. If our return ends up going sour, we're really up the creek.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post

I don't see Jay getting double tagged at all, that'd cost far more money over a two year span. He'll likely get an extension that's reasonable, all things considered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Notice that he played a lot better when the pass rush was better? Hm....
    This...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast