Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Urlacher doesn't care about the fans

On PFT there's an article that talks about a post game interview with Urlacher and his disapproval for the fans. I understand he loves Lovie but for him to berate the fans is a little too much. IMO.

vCash

Cool thread, how bout a link, the statements or just talk about in the game thread like we have been

our future

vCash
    He said something like, "The two things I don't care about: the fans and the media." Something along those lines.

vCash
    "Two of the people I don't care about: fans or media," Urlacher told WFLD-TV, via the Chicago Tribune. "They can say what they want to about our head coach, about our players. ... It does bother me. They don't know what they're talking about, obviously.

"I know there are a lot of experts in the media," Urlacher, sidelined with a hamstring injury, said, "a bunch of smart guys out there who know exactly what they're talking about all the time. They don't know what they're talking about. Lovie is the head coach of this football team and hopefully will be for a long time."

Urlacher last month invited fans to "kiss my butt" when he was slammed for congratulating Houston Texans safety Danieal Manning, a friend of his, for picking off Bears quarterback Jay Cutler.

Bears fans didn't enjoy that moment or Sunday's 21-13 loss to the Green Bay Packers. Boos rained down on the home team at Soldier Field, leaving Urlacher to question what Chicago's faithful are all about.

"Our crowd was pretty good today for the most part," Urlacher said sarcastically. "They were loud for a minute there, the boos were really loud, which is always nice. The only team in our division that gets booed at home is us. It's incredible to me.

"Believe it, don't believe it, we don't care. We're going to go out there and play as hard as we can. The guys that are healthy will play and we'll do the best we can."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

vCash
    I agree with him to what he said. Don't take it out of context and thinking he said he hates everyone. What he was saying is when it comes to stuff dealing with the coaches and our own players, don't pretend you know what is going on behind closed doors because no one knows besides him and everyone else on the Bears

vCash
    I don't care what players say. I want results.

vCash
    I think part of it stems from frustration with fans giving up on the team and asking for Lovie's departure etc. I don't blame him for what he thinks, I don't think he should have brought it out through the media and made it public though. I can understand how hard it is for the players/coaching staff to keep pushing thru with such little support now from the Chicago fan base right now (for the record I still believe in this team) and thus it's just frustration by him. And too many fans/experts think they are part of the behind the scenes and start talking **** like the know something but really don't.

vCash
    Maybe these dumb ***'s wouldn't get booed if they played football that was worth a ****. I don't care what is going on behind closed doors, your getting paid millions of dollars to let a whole fan base down, and be the 2nd team on NFL history to start of 7-1 and miss the playoffs, that's the reality of it right there.
    No ideas for the moment.

vCash
    Urlacher's hubris is his unwavering loyalty to Lovie

vCash

I believe we have very talented players and they are playing hard...

Urlacher and others need to know the reason we boo and yea I was. Wasn't the players... We are booing the coaching staff and the FO I want them to hear it. I want them to have the displeasure of what I'm seeing. 1 catch by a receiver? Dude get real..

our future

vCash
    But they still need fan support to help them through difficult stretches of the season. Yes positive results are great but when things start going downhill, you start seeing how agitated fans get and stop believing in the team. As a fan you support them no matter what and they can thrive off of that, once fans stop believing in a team (which i know many ppl have) the team is not going to come through as easily. They need fan support through thick and thin but unfortuantely many people support them and believe in them during the good times but start booing stop believing in them, want guys gone etc. during the bad times. How does anyone expect teams to thrive off of that? (imo, chicago has one of the worst fan bases in all of sports and I'm a chicago native and I'll admit that tbh, clueless and moody).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    But they still need fan support to help them through difficult stretches of the season. Yes positive results are great but when things start going downhill, you start seeing how agitated fans get and stop believing in the team. As a fan you support them no matter what and they can thrive off of that, once fans stop believing in a team (which i know many ppl have) the team is not going to come through as easily. They need fan support through thick and thin but unfortuantely many people support them and believe in them during the good times but start booing stop believing in them, want guys gone etc. during the bad times. How does anyone expect teams to thrive off of that? (imo, chicago has one of the worst fan bases in all of sports and I'm a chicago native and I'll admit that tbh, clueless and moody).
    The Bulls are still winning games and some "fans" have already jumped the ship. They'll be back around January/February though.

vCash

A lot of the boos were for the refs.. There were so many bad calls it seemed like all game.

our future

vCash
    I also think he's flustered with his contract situation and he's letting off steam, albeit in the wrong place, and on the wrong people. you talk about this stuff to your friends and coworkers, not the media.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    The Bulls are still winning games and some "fans" have already jumped the ship. They'll be back around January/February though.
    I agree. For the record I didn't direct those comments to people on psd or anything, I was just talking as a whole fanbase.

It sucks things happen but we got to still support the team, yes the boos were deserved imo cuz of the way the Bears were playing but we can't be giving up during a rough stretch, can't get too high nor too low.

Now the Bolded part, the key is the Bulls are winning so while some 'fans' have jumped ship others have come on board. If the Bulls start losing games (even if it's like a small few) people will overreact and start giving up on the team already and start dissing/cussing etc and want people fired and trades and whatnot. We saw how it was in beginning of the season with the Bulls, started rough yet people were ready to give up on the team already and questioning whether it be a playoff team or anything at all.
    Last edited by ChiBulls4Life; 12-17-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast