Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    We have the pieces to get them but the asking price will be very high. Think Harvey + d'Arnaud + Syndergaard + other pieces for Upton and possibly even more for Stanton.
    Way to much for upton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    Way to much for upton
    Agreed, but Stanton.....

Still though, I'd be nervous to trade away two of our top 3 young SP who all have the potential to be top of the line starters, plus TDA. Stanton would be awesome here, but if we once again have no catcher at all and a bad starting rotation, where is that gonna get us? Might be better off continuing to build the rotation with youngsters like we are and spend the money on OF free agents. There are quite a few good ones after this upcoming season.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 12-20-2012 at 10:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    Way to much for upton
    We got 2 blue-chip prospects for 38 year old knuckleballer. They're are gonna ask the moon for Upton. They wanted Andrus + other top prospects from the Rangers.

vCash
    We got 2 blue-chip prospects for 38 year old knuckleballer. They're are gonna ask the moon for Upton. They wanted Andrus + other top prospects from the Rangers.
    i understand what you're saying but i wouldn't call Syndergaard a blue chip prospect just yet. The last prospect rankings had him at #83... Familia was at #97 in those rankings which makes Syndergaard look less exciting... i suspect he'll be much higher soon and Familia lower, but just sayin...

But yea Upton and Stanton would cost too much. I like the direction we're going and would like to continue it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    i understand what you're saying but i wouldn't call Syndergaard a blue chip prospect just yet. The last prospect rankings had him at #83... Familia was at #97 in those rankings which makes Syndergaard look less exciting... i suspect he'll be much higher soon and Familia lower, but just sayin...

But yea Upton and Stanton would cost too much. I like the direction we're going and would like to continue it.
    He was top 50 in the mid season prospect list. MLB.com prospects list are bad. BA and baseball prospectus are way better for prospects. Familia has no business in a top 100 list.

vCash
    He was top 50 in the mid season prospect list. MLB.com prospects list are bad. BA and baseball prospectus are way better for prospects. Familia has no business in a top 100 list.
    lol i'll have to take a look then. i use this one a lot....

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/

it's just easy to navigate and gives good info.

vCash
    holy crap i see on baseball prospectus that Fullmer is #4 for the Mets now.. didn't realized he jumped that much.

vCash
    lol i'll have to take a look then. i use this one a lot....

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/

it's just easy to navigate and gives good info.
    It has good info but they tend to overrate and underrate some players . Like Familia and Syndergaard I would rate Fulmer and Montero higher than Familia because they have a chance to be starters.
    Last edited by mets100%; 12-20-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Grammar

vCash
    holy crap i see on baseball prospectus that Fullmer is #4 for the Mets now.. didn't realized he jumped that much.
    I love Fulmer but he shouldn't be that high.

vCash
    I love Fulmer but he shouldn't be that high.
    maybe it's cuz after Wheeler, TDA, and Syndergaard, the next bunch of guys are so close together, they can probably be interchangable at this point until they have another minor league season under their belt. I'm a bit surprised to see they've got Nimmo number 9 for us now. I guess cuz he just hasn't shown too much yet but i'm really hoping he starts filling his potential and moves towards the top of our prospects list.

vCash
    Just be happy with our pitching prospects, damn. We can find our bats in free agency and develop what we have in the farm!

vCash
    maybe it's cuz after Wheeler, TDA, and Syndergaard, the next bunch of guys are so close together, they can probably be interchangable at this point until they have another minor league season under their belt. I'm a bit surprised to see they've got Nimmo number 9 for us now. I guess cuz he just hasn't shown too much yet but i'm really hoping he starts filling his potential and moves towards the top of our prospects list.
    Nimmo was solid this year I love his patience. Don't expect a lot of HR's this year because he will play in Grayson Stadium which is a extremely pitchers park.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stonebari44 View Post
    Nimmo -is years away before he has an impact. Wright will be towards the end of his career by the time Nimmo contributes.

Flores- really has no position ,blocked at 3rd by Wright. Too slow for outfield and too big for short stop,so where will you play him? No DH in the NL.

Noah- He is going to be your center piece to build around

Meija- We are strong at pitching , nice throw in to make it happen.

If we have a 5 year window where Wright is productive then we need major league players and prospects that can start contributing this year such as Meyers.

Nimmo isnt that player it will be 5 years before he ges into Majors and Flores does'nt have a position, so cancel them out.

We can give them a very high end prospect like Noah because im very satisfied with Niese,Harvey and Wheeler for the next 5 years as your #1,2,3 starters.
    Im sure between Montero,Tapia,Familia,Michael Fullmer we can scrape up a #4 and #5 starter, if not theres plent of #4 and # 5 starters in free agency

Wright
    Davis
    D'Araund
    Meyers

not bad for #3-#6 hitters.

Got a better plan Young Stuna28 that you want to keep those prospects?
    Let me answer. I do want to keep those prospects, and although it would be very nice to have a Stanton, Upton or Myers (actually you picked a very disparate trio there) the Giants have shown that you don't need an all star at every position to win a WS.

According to Jonathan Mayo, Nimmo's ETA is 2014. I wouldn't expect him to make a significant impact that early, but if he is going to contribute, it will be well before Wright is riding off into the sunset. I think Flores can make an impact at 2B in the very near future, but I wouldn't be upset if his true value is ultimately as a trade chip. Noah, on the other hand, can be a solid #2 in our rotation, and is a keeper. And Mejia still has the possibility of contributing to the rotation, but he would be our #5 at best, in 2015. I see Harvey, Niese, Wheeler, Syndergaard, Mejia as a dominant quintet.

My plan for the outfield would be to trade for (1) Emilio Bonifacio, or (2) Alejandro De Aza, or (3) Coco Crisp. All realistically attainable for a package of non-elite prospects like 2 or 3 from the following list: Familia, Puello, Lagares, Den Dekker, Aderlin, or Tovar. Then I'd sign Cody Ross or Scott Hairston, with Ross the slight favorite. Now I have 5 outfielders, each of whom can play all 3 outfield positions and play them well. I'd platoon Nieuwenhuis with Cowgill, probably in CF, with Baxter on the bench.

My Ideal Lineup:
    Bonifacio - LF (SW)
    Murphy - 2B (L)
    Wright - 3B (R)
    Davis - 1B (L)
    Ross - RF (R)
    d'Arnaud - C (R)
    Nieuwenhuis/Cowgill - CF (L/R)
    Tejada - SS (R)

Realistically, though, you have to figure that Buck is probably the starting catcher until mid-May or June, when Travis is brought up. Also, if Murphy gets off to a solid start, and Valdespin and/or Flores demonstrates that they are ready for center stage, I'd trade Murph at the deadline and bring one or both up to replace him at 2B.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    If the Mets were ever going to go hard after any players they not not look any further than the state of Florida with Stanton and Price. If you're going to give up top prospects then trade them for established sure things like those two guys. I want Stanton and I am willing to bet that he's not happy with the situation down there in South Beach. If he forces their hand to get traded then the Mets can part with a few of their players for him. It could very well be the reason Sandy is stacking up on prospects. They need a young established superstar and Stanton fits the bill perfect.

vCash
    Dunbummin, that is a good plan. First one that came up with a very sensible solution.

As far as Mets100% and others. I keep hearing how much we got for a 38 ear old knuckblerballer and how much a young 23 year old Stanton or even Meyers can command.
    They way we should be looking at this trade is how it went down. We traded a CY YOUNG pitcher for players who havent proven a thing. Toronto got a proven , high caliber commodity and in return we are banking on potential with high ceilings(Meyers), this is the risk the Mets are taking for our particular situation that works for us.

So let's stop bashing R.A. as if he is just a regular 38 year old guy. Lets not put Meyers accomplishments in the minors at the same level as what R.A.accomplished in the majors.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast