Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash

The image of Nets posters in the NBA forum

Ive been posting on PSD for years. recently, our fan-base has gotten much bigger. now whether that is good or not is up for debate. but that can be discussed at a later time.

i guess ill just cut right to the chase.

as nets fans, when you post in the nba forum, you represent not only your account but your "teams" accounts as well. some have been representing the nets brand in a horrible way.

i will not list names but you know who you are.

when you constantly troll and post ignorant comments, you make all of the nets posters look back and it gives us a bad image. i never wanted to make this thread but i cannot put up with it any longer.

i have zero problem with people disagreeing on topics. thats the point of forums. but not using factual evidence or some sort of support in an argument makes it trolling and it really makes you look bad. you give the nets fans negative images.

im tired of the nets fans being generalized as being trolls and ignorant because a few posters are constantly baiting people and arguing in terrible fashions.

does anyone else feel this way or am i the only one? i feel like this has been the elephant in the room for quite some time.

please feel free to add any ideas i have missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    completely agree but I doubt DMF is even a nets fan. He has never posted in here once.
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    A. Who really cares?
    B. DMF >>>>>
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    I agree. We tend to get a bad rep as Nets fans, although Knicks fans are not any better. DMF has really screwed things up and thats why I do not bother to post anymore in the main forum and try to "defend" the Nets. I will read and shake my head but I leave my posting to here where I can talk to only us fans cause really thats all that matters.

vCash
    1) I couldn't care less what PSD NBA fans think of us.

2) DMF!

vCash
    I actually don't mind DMF hahaha. He's clearly a troll and I find it amusing other posters still respond to him. some of the other ones though...
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

vCash
    Doesn't really matter, people will generalize Nets fans because it makes them feel better about their own fans and gives the losers in there something else to talk about.

The Future

vCash
    Almost everytime I post, I get comments like "another delusional Net fan or obnoxious net fan" just by making a point....they see my sig and I'm automatically a laughing joke to everyone.... Can't stand it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ee View Post
    Almost everytime I post, I get comments like "another delusional Net fan or obnoxious net fan" just by making a point....they see my sig and I'm automatically a laughing joke to everyone.... Can't stand it...
    THAT gets annoying I must admit
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

10. 12-24-2012, 01:04 AM
    Reason
    baiting/insults

11. 12-24-2012, 08:09 PM
    Reason
    baiting/insults

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Don't have any problem with DMF or Wavey, those guys stick up for the Nets.

Even when DMF or any Net fan has a valid point they get shot down.

They won't stop hating us.
    So who cares

13. 12-25-2012, 10:41 PM
    Reason
    baiting/insults

14. 12-26-2012, 12:16 AM
    Reason
    baiting/insults

vCash
    It's just the price we pay for being awesome!

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

16. 12-26-2012, 06:36 PM
    Reason
    baiting/insults

vCash
    I live in SoCal, formerly from Upstate NY. I have watched the Clips come up to relevance, and to be honest the general Laker fanbase does not hate on them. Sure there are the exceptions, but the Clippers have sucked for so long, everyone is just happy to have 2 good teams for home games.

I'm sorry your fanbase has a few really bad eggs (3 Stooges) that have so much pent up hate and insecurity on the cross-town Knicks, that they cannot focus on what really matters. Their team is playoff-relevant again.

I've read a lot of posts, and what I noticed is for the most part, most Knick fans can give props and acknowledgement to the Nets -- its only when the 3 Stooges show up and the trolling begins. I love the Brooklyn Nets and everything the FO is trying to get started, from the branding, uniforms even the arena. I puke whenver DMF, Wavey or JMoney have even remotely shat on a thread. A suggestion to you Trolls -- If you have to hate, hate on the Celtics or Sixers. We can all get along.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

vCash
    I would say the same about the Knicks. lots of Nets fans don't hate the Knicks but there are like 5-10 idiots that give you guys a bad name. Same for Lakers and Heat and Bulls fan, every team will have to deal with it.

The Future

vCash
    ^Bingo. It sort of bothers me when the Netsdaily twitter rants about the Knicks. Hop off their D.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    I would say the same about the Knicks. lots of Nets fans don't hate the Knicks but there are like 5-10 idiots that give you guys a bad name. Same for Lakers and Heat and Bulls fan, every team will have to deal with it.
    I agree.. there are about 3-5 Knick fans I can think of off the top of my head that annoy the sh|t out of me.

In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast