Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Frank Mir says he has an exemption to take TRT and that fans would be surprised at how many other UFC fighters have it as well. Shogun is tossed out.

Mike Kyle and Javier Vasquez both retire from mma.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2013/0113/552589/

Ronda Rousey making sure that the rest of the MMA world that doesn't know her are now completely aware that she is an idiot. She pretty much says that GSP is only popular because he is Canadian.

But if GSP wasn’t really good-looking, and really Canadian, he would be really unknown.
    http://www.fightline.com/fl/wire/201...re21414/46649/

vCash
    The more I listen to Rousey speak, the more I want Cyborg to knock her out.

vCash
    I got Bendo and IMO not a tough fight for him. Ill say Bendo wins 49\46 dec....
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    The rumors were true:

UFC on FOX 7 adds Henderson-Melendez title fight, Cormier-Mir

As with other recent installments of the event series, UFC on FOX 7 will get a loaded lineup, including a title fight and a major heavyweight bout.

In his first fight since the closing of his former home, final Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez (21-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will challenge UFC titleholder Benson Henderson (18-2 MMA, 6-0 UFC).

Additionally, Strikeforce import Daniel Cormier (11-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will meet fellow heavyweight and rival Frank Mir (16-6 MMA, 14-6 UFC).

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) confirmed the plans with event sources. Yahoo! Sports initially reported them, and UFC officials formally announced them soon after.

UFC on FOX 7 takes place April 20 at HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif. The main card airs on FOX following prelims on FX and Facebook.

As MMAjunkie.com recently reported, Henderson recently signed a new longterm UFC contract and was targeting a matchup with Melendez.

Since his time in the WEC, where he once held the lightweight title, Henderson has posted a 6-0 mark in the UFC with six decision wins. He won the title in early 2012 with a victory over then-champ Frankie Edgar, and then defended it in an immediate rematch with Edgar. Then, back in December in UFC on FOX 5's headliner, he posted a victory over top contender Nate Diaz.

Melendez, meanwhile, is on a seven-fight win streak of his own. The longtime Strikeforce titleholder was slated to fight Pat Healy this past weekend at Strikeforce's final show, but he was forced off the card with a shoulder injury. His recent wins have come over top non-UFC lightweights, including Shinya Aoki, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Jorge Masvidal and Josh Thomson.

Cormier, meanwhile, was expected to fight Frank Mir at a Strikeforce event in November that later was canceled. So this past weekend, Cormier instead fought and easily handled 20-to-1 underdog Dion Staring. It marked the Strikeforce world grand-prix winner and standout amateur wrestler's 11th straight victory, which also included Strikeforce wins over Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva and Josh Barnett. Although Cormier has suggested he's likely to move down to light heavyweight this year, he recently said he first wanted to fight Mir.

Mir, a former UFC champion, hasn't fought since a failed bid to take Junior dos Santos' heavyweight belt this past May. prior to the TKO loss, the jiu-jitsu ace had posted a string of wins over notables Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, Roy Nelson and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. The "Big Nog" victory, which saw Mir break his opponent's arm, recently netted him 2012 World MMA Awards for best submission and best comeback.
    Anyone who has complained about the Fox deal should be quiet by now. This is the 3rd straight Fox card that has a title fight as the ME.

As for the fights, tough to call, but it's going to be fun watching them go at it.
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    The rumors were true:

UFC on FOX 7 adds Henderson-Melendez title fight, Cormier-Mir

Anyone who has complained about the Fox deal should be quiet by now. This is the 3rd straight Fox card that has a title fight as the ME.

As for the fights, tough to call, but it's going to be fun watching them go at it.

Yeah Ill never get people complaing about free MMA, and title fights.

Already picked Bendo and Ill go with Mir via sub round 2. DC is a nice fighter but Im not sold on him yet and Im a fan...
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Do you guys agree with Melendez going straight into a title shot or should he have fought in the UFC at least once?

vCash
    I'm cool with Melendez getting the shot because there is no one else to take it. Pettis is fighting Cerrone, so he's busy for a bit-Jim Miller got murder-faced by Bendo. Gray Maynard would be interesting, but he's coming off losses and an awful Guida showing. Diaz just got worked by Bendo, Edgar is busy with Aldo (and no one wants another rematch).
    I think that's most if not all of the top guys. Bendo will beat on Melendez though, can't see anyone taking the belt from him for a while.

vCash
    DC will beat Mir. Melendez vs. Henderson will be a good fight, but I lean toward Henderson.

vCash
    DC is gonna maul Mir. I can't believe people think Mir has a shot in hell. DC busted up a better overall fighter in Barnett. Josh has better TDs, better top game, and tons more heart. Mir has no chance in hell of getting this to the mat. He's gonna get embaressed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    DC is gonna maul Mir. I can't believe people think Mir has a shot in hell. DC busted up a better overall fighter in Barnett. Josh has better TDs, better top game, and tons more heart. Mir has no chance in hell of getting this to the mat. He's gonna get embaressed.
    I agree.

vCash
    I've got Gil using his jab to stifle Bendo.

vCash
    ben is gonna stay champ, cormier will beat mir.

vCash
    Its weird that nobody wants to sign Josh Barnett. The UFC isn't giving him a spot and Bellator has said they are gonna pass as well.

vCash
    Barnett would actually make Bellator's HW division relevant.

I hear Bellator is more interested in Rampage Jackson... a guy whose probably going to be on a 3 fight losing streak.

vCash
    I think bendo will win along with DC.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.