Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I was bummed that Japan card was free..but this is stacked. Good matchup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I was bummed that Japan card was free..but this is stacked. Good matchup.
    My fav MMA,FREE MMA
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    Hector Lombard vs. Yushin Okami added to March's UFC on FUEL TV 8 event in Japan

Good fight, I'm thinking Lombard has the edge, Okami tends to get rocked and Lombard has KO power.

A win here for Lombard and I think we're seeing him fight AS later this year.

By the way, this card is looking great and best of all, it's free...

Wanderlei Silva vs. Brian Stann
    Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve
    Hector Lombard vs. Yushin Okami
    Takanori Gomi vs. Diego Sanchez
    Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Dong Hyun Kim

Mizuto Hirota vs. Rani Yahya
    Riki Fukuda vs. Brad Tavares
    Bryan Caraway vs. Takeya Mizugaki
    Cristiano Marcello vs. Kazuki Tokudome
    Alex Caceres vs. Kyung Ho Kang
    Marcelo Guimaraes vs. Hyun Gyu Lim
    Its as good as some of the ppv events they tried to sell us in 2012....

vCash
    Beltran and Palhares failed drug tests. That to bad beltran is super fun to watch. Looking back now he did look pretty ripped his last fight.

vCash
    Lombard is going to completely obliterate Okami...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    Lombard is going to completely obliterate Okami...
    Based on what exactly. I'm not necessarily disagreeing but Okami has been a tough draw for well damn near everybody he has ever fought except for Anderson Silva.

He is 12-4 in the UFC with his only losses being to Rich Franklin (29-28), Chael Sonnen (30-27), Tim Boetsch by 3rd round knockout in a fight that Okami was clearly winning on the cards and of course a knockout by Anderson Silva. So aside from Anderson Silva nobody has ever obliterated Okami.

You could say that Okami has been the Jon Fitch of the middleweight division. He isn't exciting or very popular but he wins fights.

vCash
    stylistically it's awful because Hector's striking is a lot superior and he has power. Alan Belcher had a very bad gameplan, but in that third round when they were standing he was tagging Okami with jabs and Okami was getting rocked multiple times.

I've noticed it with Okami that his punch resistance has decreased since the Silva fight. He got KOed by Boetsch, he was getting outstruck by Buddy Roberts, and he got hurt multiple times by Alan Belcher. His strength is getting a hold of someone and clinching with them and taking them down. He won't be able to do that with Hector.

Okami is good, but I expect a 1st round knockout by Lombard. I think it's going to go similar to the Palhares fight. He's going to realize how strong Lombard is, feel his power and then crumble.

vCash
    stylistically it's awful because Hector's striking is a lot superior and he has power. Alan Belcher had a very bad gameplan, but in that third round when they were standing he was tagging Okami with jabs and Okami was getting rocked multiple times.

I've noticed it with Okami that his punch resistance has decreased since the Silva fight. He got KOed by Boetsch, he was getting outstruck by Buddy Roberts, and he got hurt multiple times by Alan Belcher. His strength is getting a hold of someone and clinching with them and taking them down. He won't be able to do that with Hector.

Okami is good, but I expect a 1st round knockout by Lombard. I think it's going to go similar to the Palhares fight. He's going to realize how strong Lombard is, feel his power and then crumble.
    I pretty much agree with everything you said, I just wonder if HL can stop takedowns for Oakmi, he is a big MW and HL is a very small MW, Oakmi takedowns from the clinch worries me he will lay and pray for 3 rounds.

I got HL by tko round 2...
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash

agree, like sc said okami is pretty much the jon fitch of that division.

vCash
    Gina Carano is dating actor Henry Cavill (The Man of Steel, Immortals, Tudors etc.)

http://www.fightline.com/fl/wire/201...re61111/46501/

vCash
    Rousimar Palhares and Joey Beltran both fail drug tests for their last fights and surprise surprise both guys are denying and challenging the failed tests. You gotta love the real specific way they deny these things "I have never personally injected myself with steroids." LOL So you got somebody else to do it or what? That sounds like a little kid trying to indirectly lie his way out of getting in trouble.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2013/0110/552540/

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...os-vs-pearson/
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 01-12-2013 at 08:10 AM.

vCash

If Okami can clinch up and survive a RD, I expect Lombard gasses and Yushin can take over.

vCash
    Word is Bendo v Gil Apr 20 on Fox...

vCash
    That's a great fight.

vCash
    I got Gil.

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast