Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Rumor is Mike Goldberg is in rehab for addiction to pills.

The UFC refused to comment, but our sources are telling us the reason behind Goldberg's no show is he's stuck in Rehab for a pill addiction. Our source tells us Goldberg has an addiction to adderall.
    Source

That sucks, hope he gets the right treatment and gets better.
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post

Source

That sucks, pills are killing this world.

BTW- how was P.R. i love going there...
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    That sucks, pills are killing this world.

BTW- how was P.R. i love going there...
    It was awesome, Old San Juan was very nice, the food was good and the locals were super friendly. We're definitely going back again.

We didn't do much touristy stuff, we did go to Fort San Felipe del Morro and Fort San Cristóbal. We couldn't go to Vieques and visit the bio-bay (everything was sold out till the 5th) and we were supposed to go to the Rainforest, but I hurt my toe at the beach the day before and walking wasn't going to be option. The good thing is we got a refund.
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post

Source

There seems to be all sorts of rumors floating about. Not sure what to believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    There seems to be all sorts of rumors floating about. Not sure what to believe.
    I had read in a couple places it was drug addiction as well. But you never know with the way people spread things online.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I had read in a couple places it was drug addiction as well. But you never know with the way people spread things online.
    I've heard that the rumor started at the Sherdog forums and has spread from there. That's the thing about rumors. One person starts it and soon there are multiple sources, all who heard it from the same place. I hope it's something minor, like him just wanting time off.

vCash
    Tyron Woodley replaces injured Erick Silva, faces Jay Hieron at UFC 156

That sucks, I was looking forward to seeing Silva bounce back from the Fitch fight. But Woodley vs Hieron should be ok, Hieron has the TDD to keep the fight standing. First fight for Woodley since getting demolished by Nate. Interesting fight.

Justin Salas out of UFC on FX 7, Edson Barboza now meets newcomer Lucas Martins

Barboza should be real careful. The last time he took a fight vs a replacement didn't work out so well for him. By the sounds of it, Martins is a hungry fighter (9-0 in 2012). Even if Barboza wins, it won't do much for him, he should have asked for someone with more name recognition.
    -----

vCash
    [QUOTE=steelcityroller;24824406]Jonathan Brookins is leaving mixed martial arts and heading off to India and the rest of the world to "learn new things about himself".... Hopefully this guy is okay and doesn't end up like some of the other stories of this nature.

I have a good friend who met Brookins on a train ride in NYC. Said Brooking was one of the nicest and most thoughtful people he had run across. They've hung out a few times (only athlete I ever heard of making new friends on the B line)-
    I think Brookins is just a really deep guy who wants more than just being a fighter. I wish nothing but the best for him wherever he goes and doing whatever he does.
    Also can we just see REEM fight Cain?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AllKohn View Post
    [Jonathan Brookins is leaving mixed martial arts and heading off to India and the rest of the world to "learn new things about himself".... Hopefully this guy is okay and doesn't end up like some of the other stories of this nature.

I have a good friend who met Brookins on a train ride in NYC. Said Brooking was one of the nicest and most thoughtful people he had run across. They've hung out a few times (only athlete I ever heard of making new friends on the B line)-
    I think Brookins is just a really deep guy who wants more than just being a fighter. I wish nothing but the best for him wherever he goes and doing whatever he does.
    Reminds me of Ricky Williams way back when. I think his break from the NFL was more drug suspensions though, but same point I think he comes back after a year or less off.

vCash
    If I had heard of a drug addiction between Rogan, Goldberg and White, Goldberg would have been my last guess. Rogan and White always look fawked up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan View Post
    If I had heard of a drug addiction between Rogan, Goldberg and White, Goldberg would have been my last guess. Rogan and White always look fawked up.
    Same lol

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    [QUOTE=AllKohn;24962968]
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Jonathan Brookins is leaving mixed martial arts and heading off to India and the rest of the world to "learn new things about himself".... Hopefully this guy is okay and doesn't end up like some of the other stories of this nature.

Also can we just see REEM fight Cain?
    Not mma or sports releated but one of my ex-girlfriends had a cousin who sat on an airplane next to the lead singer from the band Lifehouse and they ended up singing at his wedding.

vCash
    Nice

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    NSAC licenses Alistair Overeem for UFC 156 fight with Antonio Silva

Following a Tuesday hearing with the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Alistair Overeem has been cleared to fight Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva in the co-main event of February's UFC 156 event.

Overeem was required to appear in front of the commission after the NSAC declined to license him for a planned May 2012 fight with Frank Mir due to a failed drug screen. During the hearing, he said the ordeal proved educational, and he has since taken steps to ensure he never again fails a drug screen.

"I think we've done everything we could to correct ourselves from the errors that were made, and I'm just ready to get my life back on track," Overeem told the commission. "I'm ready to get back to fighting."

NSAC executive director Keith Kizer revealed Overeem sent in five voluntary testing results between June and November and was also subjected to NSAC-administered blood and urine testing on Nov. 16 and Dec. 21. All results were negative.

The massively chiseled Overeem has long been at the center of controversy regarding performance-enhancing drug use accusations. The Dutchman long contended he was a "clean fighter" and the "most-tested athlete in sports." However, he was in 2011 suspended by the NSAC when a a pre-UFC 146 drug test was flagged for a 14-to-1 testosterone-to-epitestosterone (T/E) ratio, more than twice the 6-to-1 ratio allowed by the commission.

Overeem maintained his innocence throughout his NSAC hearings and suggested a prescribed injection was responsible for his heightened ratios. Still, the NSAC declined to issue him a license and refused to hear a new application before Dec. 27. With the issue behind him, Overeem said he's ready to move forward with his career and is looking forward to UFC 156.

"Today I went for my license," Overeem told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) following the hearing. "I'm very happy to inform you guys that I got licensed to fight Feb. 2 in the UFC against 'Bigfoot' Silva.

"For me, it's now back to work, back to entering the gym. I'm already basically in shape, so it's just a couple more weeks of grinding it, and then it's going to be showtime again."
    -----

vCash
    Hector Lombard vs. Yushin Okami added to March's UFC on FUEL TV 8 event in Japan

Good fight, I'm thinking Lombard has the edge, Okami tends to get rocked and Lombard has KO power.

A win here for Lombard and I think we're seeing him fight AS later this year.

By the way, this card is looking great and best of all, it's free...

Wanderlei Silva vs. Brian Stann
    Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve
    Hector Lombard vs. Yushin Okami
    Takanori Gomi vs. Diego Sanchez
    Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Dong Hyun Kim

Mizuto Hirota vs. Rani Yahya
    Riki Fukuda vs. Brad Tavares
    Bryan Caraway vs. Takeya Mizugaki
    Cristiano Marcello vs. Kazuki Tokudome
    Alex Caceres vs. Kyung Ho Kang
    Marcelo Guimaraes vs. Hyun Gyu Lim
    -----