Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Well the one thing for certain is that Silva doesn't want any part of fighting Weidman. Silva said he was gonna be out until summer when Weidman said he was gonna be ready to fight in the spring. Then Weidman got hurt and was gonna be out until the summer/fall and now Silva is ready to fight in the spring LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Well the one thing for certain is that Silva doesn't want any part of fighting Weidman. Silva said he was gonna be out until summer when Weidman said he was gonna be ready to fight in the spring. Then Weidman got hurt and was gonna be out until the summer/fall and now Silva is ready to fight in the spring LOL
    You don't really believe that right?

I think Weidman is tough fighter, but come on. I guess I shouldn't be surprise, fans said the same thing about Okami, Vitor, Sonnen (2nd fight) etc and after AS "posterized" them, all of a sudden they sucked and didn't deserve to fight AS. I expect the trend to continue after AS tools Weidman.
    -----

vCash
    Weidman is not even better than Sonnen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    i disagree. i think weidman is better at everything than chael including takedowns. sonnen struggled to take down bisping and only took down silva once the second time, his wrestling is overrated imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    i disagree. i think weidman is better at everything than chael including takedowns. sonnen struggled to take down bisping and only took down silva once the second time, his wrestling is overrated imo.

To start with, i think Anderson simply wants big fights at this point in his career. And let's be honest, Weidman won't sell.

I think Sonnen and Weidman are different animals. I think Sonnen has better TDs, but I think Weidman is better once on top. Better GnP. Better sub defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    You don't really believe that right?

I think Weidman is tough fighter, but come on. I guess I shouldn't be surprise, fans said the same thing about Okami, Vitor, Sonnen (2nd fight) etc and after AS "posterized" them, all of a sudden they sucked and didn't deserve to fight AS. I expect the trend to continue after AS tools Weidman.
    LOL All I said was that he doesn't want any part of fighting him and that clearly is the case. Anderson would destroy him.... But all the same Weidman is clearly the #1 contender and Anderson is ducking that fight.

He is ducking this fight but not in the traditional sense. Chris Weidman is gonna have to go the Jon Fitch route and win 10-12 UFC fights in a row to get a title shot.

If you are the champion ducking the #1 contender is still ducking regardless of if it is out of fear or financial reasons. If any other sport had champions hand-picking their opponents they would get dumped all over.... So why should the UFC and Boxing for that matter be any different?
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 01-26-2013 at 05:05 PM.

vCash
    Anderson Silva is asking the UFC to fight Cung Le according to his manager.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...52882/cung-le/

vCash
    I really do not think Silva wants tough or dangerous fights. I do not think he likes to be hit anymore. I could see he didnt like when Demian Maia hit him. I could see that he did not like when Chael hit him when they stood up in their first fight.

I'd like to see him fight Jon Jones, Lyoto Machida or Rashad Evans before he gets too old.

vCash
    Yeah it is hard for me to buy Anderson Silva only wants big fights that challenge himself against name opponents when

(1) He says he would be open to a 3rd fight with Rich Franklin who he absolutely destroyed the first 2 times

(2) Would fight Luke Rockhold who is no more of a name than Chris Weidman to UFC fans.

(3) Will fight Cung Le who has pretty much only won 1 big fight in his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Yeah it is hard for me to buy Anderson Silva only wants big fights that challenge himself against name opponents when

(1) He says he would be open to a 3rd fight with Rich Franklin who he absolutely destroyed the first 2 times

(2) Would fight Luke Rockhold who is no more of a name than Chris Weidman to UFC fans.

(3) Will fight Cung Le who has pretty much only won 1 big fight in his career.
    I agree. I like Cung Le but lets be serious. He is over 40. He has around 3 wins in the last 4 years.

vCash
    I would love to watch Silva and Le fight just for the amount of kicks that would likely be thrown.

I wouldn't really care about anything else or even the result.

vCash
    Chris Weidman beat Damian Maia and Mark Munoz, can we stop talking like he's crushed the world. When you beat one top five guy and one top 20 guy, have no personality and few UFC fights why would anyone give you a title shot? Werdum has beaten BigFoot, Big Roy and Fedor=no title shot. Guida beat Nate Diaz, Pettis and now Hioki=no title shot. WTF would Weidman get one? Has he beaten Bispbing, Sonnen, Vitor, Stann, Boetsch, Lombard, Okami, or Philippou? I just named everyone in the top 10 not named Silva, Munoz or Weidman. He can cry forever-or just do what EVERY fighter has to do and win more. I have no sympathy for someone who I feel has not earned the privilege of fighting for the belt, but cries about the injustices of the system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AllKohn View Post
    Chris Weidman beat Damian Maia and Mark Munoz, can we stop talking like he's crushed the world. When you beat one top five guy and one top 20 guy, have no personality and few UFC fights why would anyone give you a title shot? Werdum has beaten BigFoot, Big Roy and Fedor=no title shot. Guida beat Nate Diaz, Pettis and now Hioki=no title shot. WTF would Weidman get one? Has he beaten Bispbing, Sonnen, Vitor, Stann, Boetsch, Lombard, Okami, or Philippou? I just named everyone in the top 10 not named Silva, Munoz or Weidman. He can cry forever-or just do what EVERY fighter has to do and win more. I have no sympathy for someone who I feel has not earned the privilege of fighting for the belt, but cries about the injustices of the system.
    Guida has arguably lost his last 3 fights.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Guida has arguably lost his last 3 fights.....
    Guida should have lost, but the mustachiod man triumphed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew1tJEtdt-E

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AllKohn View Post
    Werdum has beaten BigFoot, Big Roy and Fedor=no title shot.
    Guida beat Nate Diaz, Pettis and now Hioki=no title shot. Has he beaten Bispbing, Sonnen, Vitor, Stann, Boetsch, Lombard, Okami, or Philippou? I just named everyone in the top 10 not named Silva, Munoz or Weidman. He can cry forever-or just do what EVERY fighter has to do and win more. I have no sympathy for someone who I feel has not earned the privilege of fighting for the belt, but cries about the injustices of the system.
    Poor argument.

Fabricio Werdum has a recent loss so that rules him out right off the bat. He lost to Alistair Overeem 3 fights ago.... Not only that Fabricio Werdum had already fought and lost to Junior Dos Santos by 1st round knockout. Why the hell would he get a UFC title shot when he lost his last fight in Strikeforce and previously had a knockout loss to the champion?

Clay Guida is 5-4 in his last 9 fights.... He had a 3-fight winning streak and got a #1 contender fight against Diego Sanchez and lost.... He had a 4-fight winning streak and got a #1 contender fight against Ben Henderson and lost....

The middleweight division is even a different animal because Anderson has beat so many of those guys already....

Michael Bisping had 0 wins against top 10 opponents and he got a #1 contender fight against Chael Sonnen. He had 1 win against top 10 opponents and he got a #1 contender fight against Vitor Belfort.

Hector Lombard came into the UFC with no wins against top 10 opponents and they were gonna give him a title shot if he beat Tim Boetsch who is borderline top 10.

Anderson and his management are pushing to fight Cung Le who is 3-2 in his last 5 fights and his only significant win is against Rich Franklin.

I absolutely see where Chris Weidman is coming from being pissed off. He is 9-0 and 5-0 in the UFC.... Yet Anderson and his management keep crying that he hasn't beaten anybody. Then they are perfectly fine with fighting guys like Cung Le and Hector Lombard who haven't beaten anybody and have recent losses.

If you don't want to fight a wrestler just come out and say that you don't want to fight a wrestler. Don't make up this bull**** that he hasn't earned it and go out and challenge people that have the same or worse resume with recent losses.

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast