Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1000
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    S.A New Jersey
    Posts
    10,828
    vCash
    1500
    Word is Zuffa is planning on Josh to the UFC, he was added to UFC.com today
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,582
    vCash
    1342
    Dustin Poirier replaces Dennis Siver, meets Cub Swanson at UFC on FUEL TV 7

    Dustin Poirier (13-2 MMA, 5-1 UFC) has replaced Dennis Siver (21-8 MMA, 10-5 UFC) and now meets fellow featherweight contender Cub Swanson (18-5 MMA, 3-1 UFC) in the co-headliner of next month's UFC on FUEL TV 7 event.

    UFC officials today announced the change, though the reason for Siver's withdrawal wasn't disclosed.

    UFC on FUEL TV 7 takes place Feb. 16 at Wembley Arena in London. The main card airs on FUEL TV following prelims on Facebook.

    Poirier and Swanson are slated for the co-main event.

    Swanson recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he expected the fight to be a No. 1 contender's bout. Even with the loss of Siver, the bout should still have some significant meaning in the division. Together, Swanson and Poirier have won 10 of their past 12 fights. Additionally, each has posted stoppages in his past three wins.
    One of those rare times where the replacement fight is just as good if not better that the original.
    -----

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Its weird that nobody wants to sign Josh Barnett. The UFC isn't giving him a spot and Bellator has said they are gonna pass as well.
    Wouldn't Barnett be perfect for that weird MMA / pro wrestling crossover Bellator seems to want to try with Lawal?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,171
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    Barnett would actually make Bellator's HW division relevant.

    I hear Bellator is more interested in Rampage Jackson... a guy whose probably going to be on a 3 fight losing streak.
    Who sells more tickets and draws more ratings? Rampage Jackson is still a pretty big name. Especially with them now being on Spike where Rampage has had some series screen-time.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,582
    vCash
    1342
    I think the problem with Barnett is his salary. He just earned $250k (good move by SF huh?), I doubt Bellator would go anywhere near that number.
    -----

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,582
    vCash
    1342
    The UFC released 9 fighters, they are:

    Chad Griggs
    Nick Penner
    Marcus LeVesseur
    John Cofer
    Joey Gambino
    Jeff Hougland
    Jared Papazian
    Yasuhiro Urishitani
    Henry Martinez
    -----

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,759
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    The UFC released 9 fighters, they are:

    Chad Griggs
    Nick Penner
    Marcus LeVesseur
    John Cofer
    Joey Gambino
    Jeff Hougland
    Jared Papazian
    Yasuhiro Urishitani
    Henry Martinez
    which one is the guy dana was talking about?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,582
    vCash
    1342
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    which one is the guy dana was talking about?
    Not sure what you mean...
    -----

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,171
    vCash
    500
    There will be more as well after some of the upcoming events.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,582
    vCash
    1342
    Alexander Gustafsson vs. Gegard Mousasi likely for UFC on FUEL TV 9

    A light-heavyweight between Alexander Gustafsson (15-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC) and former Strikeforce champion Gegard Mousasi (33-3-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is targeted as the headliner of an April 6 event in Sweden, likely to be UFC on FUEL TV 9.

    Gustafsson announced the fight at a gym opening today, according to a report from mmaviking.com. On Friday a source close to the event told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the bout was possible but not official.

    UFC on FUEL TV 9 is expected to take place at Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm, which also hosted UFC on FUEL TV 2 in April 2012.

    That event, which saw the Swedish-born Gustafsson earn a dominant win over Thiago Silva in the headliner, drew an announced attendance of 15,428 and set a venue record for a sporting event with a $2.23 million gate, according to UFC officials.

    Gustafsson currently is riding a six-fight win streak. In addition to Silva, recent wins have come over the likes of former champ Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, veteran Vladimir Matyushenko and Matt Hamill. Gustafsson's only career loss came in his second UFC fight when he suffered a submission defeat to Phil Davis, who's now one of his primary training partners.

    The Swede will look to continue his march toward a title shot when he meets Mousasi, an experienced Dutch fighter who recently closed out his Strikeforce career with a submission victory over Mike Kyle a week ago. The fighter, who's also competed for organizations such as DREAM and PRIDE, is undefeated (5-0-1) in his past six fights, and he's 20-1-1 since 2006. The lone defeat came to Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal in a 2010 Strikeforce title fight.
    What a fight! I like both fighters so it's going to be hard trying to pick a winner.
    -----

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    S.A New Jersey
    Posts
    10,828
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    Alexander Gustafsson vs. Gegard Mousasi likely for UFC on FUEL TV 9



    What a fight! I like both fighters so it's going to be hard trying to pick a winner.


    Gustafsson vs. Mousasi official for Stockholm, tickets on sale Feb. 9

    Ill take Gus, his trip takrdowns will be the diff, GM needs to improve in wrestling alot to compete in the UFC LHW
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,582
    vCash
    1342
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    Gustafsson vs. Mousasi official for Stockholm, tickets on sale Feb. 9

    Ill take Gus, his trip takrdowns will be the diff, GM needs to improve in wrestling alot to compete in the UFC LHW
    I don't think his TDD is as much of a problem as it seems. I think he's too comfortable off of his back. Look at the Lawal fight (Lawal's face was beat up). Mousasi was so active, I think he landed more shots from bottom that Lawal did from top, but because Lawal was on top, Mousasi ended up losing the fight.

    I doubt Gustafsson will take the fight to the ground, I think he will use his range, but Mousasi's striking is very good, it's going to be a tough fight to call. Good thing it will be a 5 rounder.
    -----

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,582
    vCash
    1342
    SBJ: Fuel to Become Fox Sports 2; FX Will No Longer Carry Sports

    Fox Sports will debut a second 24-hour sports network this summer.

    News Corporation will convert the Fuel cable network into general sports channel ‘Fox Sports 2′ this August, Sports Business Journal reported Monday. The launch of Fox Sports 2 will coincide with the conversion of Speed Channel to Fox Sports 1.

    Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 will be the chief outlets for News Corp. sports programming. FX, which aired college football coverage the past two seasons and previously televised baseball and NASCAR, will no longer carry sporting events. Fox Soccer is expected to be converted into a general entertainment channel.

    Currently, Fuel is in 37.6 million television homes — over 43 million fewer than Speed Channel (81.0M). Fox Soccer (42.3M) is actually in more homes than Fuel.
    I like where this is going. For example, I have to pay extra to get Fuel, but not for Speed. And if my assumption was right (I talked about this before and it seems to heading that way), I'm thinking Fuel aka FXS 2 will also be available in more homes once the re-branding takes place.

    is no secret Fox sports wants to compete with ESPN. With Baseball, college football, NASCAR and the UFC, I think they're on the right track.
    -----

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,171
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    SBJ: Fuel to Become Fox Sports 2; FX Will No Longer Carry Sports



    I like where this is going. For example, I have to pay extra to get Fuel, but not for Speed. And if my assumption was right (I talked about this before and it seems to heading that way), I'm thinking Fuel aka FXS 2 will also be available in more homes once the re-branding takes place.

    is no secret Fox sports wants to compete with ESPN. With Baseball, college football, NASCAR and the UFC, I think they're on the right track.
    It all depends there is much to be seen about what this means to the UFC. From what I'm reading on most of the sites they are saying this is a backwards move for the UFC and will put it in a lot less homes.

    For example Speed is currently in about 12 million less homes than FX.

    The deal here is that Fox is gonna think that they can now make providers have to pay more money to carry these channels. But why should cable providers? They will simply tell Fox that they aren't gonna pay for Fox Sports 2 when all they done was change the name of the Fuel channel. The same thing with the Fox Sports 1.... Providers aren't gonna pay more money for that channel because all they did was take programming off of FX and put it on the Speed channel.

    The speculation right now is that the bulk of UFC programming is gonna be on Fox Sports 2. The reason for that speculation? The fact that the UFC had no future events scheduled to be on FX.... But 3 scheduled to be on Fuel.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,582
    vCash
    1342
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    It all depends there is much to be seen about what this means to the UFC. From what I'm reading on most of the sites they are saying this is a backwards move for the UFC and will put it in a lot less homes.

    For example Speed is currently in about 12 million less homes than FX.
    I wouldn't say backwards, at worst this is a lateral move. Just because at the moment Speed is in less homes than FX doesn't mean that when it's re-branded to FS1, it won't be in the same amount of homes as FX has now.

    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    The deal here is that Fox is gonna think that they can now make providers have to pay more money to carry these channels. But why should cable providers? They will simply tell Fox that they aren't gonna pay for Fox Sports 2 when all they done was change the name of the Fuel channel. The same thing with the Fox Sports 1.... Providers aren't gonna pay more money for that channel because all they did was take programming off of FX and put it on the Speed channel.
    So what you're saying is Fox will re-brand these channels without getting any feedback from other cable/satellite providers as to the likelihood of adding the channels to their regular L/U? Don't you think that when they made the decision of moving FX sports programming to Speed/FS1 that the number of homes the channel is available wasn't taken into consideration?

    FS2 will have tons more of sports programing than Fuel currently has, so yes Fox can easily demand companies that if they want FS1 (a channel that will have quality sporting events like MLB Playoffs, College Football, NASCAR, etc) they have to also add FS2. That's how it works. If FS2 has the same programming as Fuel, then I see your point, but I find it hard to believe Fox will just rename the channel and expect it to be added to more homes without a change to their programming.

    What I could see happening is say Comcast who owns NBC sports and will be in direct competition with FS1 and FS2 playing hardball with Fox. It wouldn't be the first time cable/satellite companies try to mess with the consumer because they can't agree on how to divide the % of money they want to take from us. (MSG/Cablevision vs TWC is an example that comes to mind.)

    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    The speculation right now is that the bulk of UFC programming is gonna be on Fox Sports 2. The reason for that speculation? The fact that the UFC had no future events scheduled to be on FX.... But 3 scheduled to be on Fuel.
    This is how I see it going down.

    FS1 will air the same (maybe more?) amount of UFC events that FX has air since Fox and the UFC made their deal. Meaning that TUF finales, PPV and Fox prelims will air on FS1. Not sure where TUF fits into this yet, I guess it will depend on the ratings, but my guess is it will move to FS1.

    While FS2 will air the same type of events and maybe the same UFC programming (I think it would be better if something like UFC tonight is moved to FS1) as Fuel currently airs. So all those, UFC Reloaded, FS1 events prelimns, Best of Pride, Ultimate insider, even international versions of TUF, etc will air on FS2.

    By the way, I wouldn't read too much into the next Fuel events. Notice that all 3 events are international. Japan, UK and Sweeden. If in the future Fuel gets an event that would usually air on FX (say TUF 17 finale) then I will be concerned that the UFC's bulk of events will be on Fuel/FS2.
    -----

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •