Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Development of the Flyweight division

I've been thinking this of late with the recent prospects coming up, but the UFC has done a great job at building this division. It's above the bantamweight division right now. We all claimed that this division would be a 3-5 man division like BW is right now. Demetrious Johnson will have defended his belt against three differewnt fighters this year, though the Benavidez fight is a rematch. With all the signings, recent drops including two top ten BWs, we have a division. But take a look at the depth and the top tier fighters right now.

Demetrious Johnson
    Joseph Benavidez
    John Dodson
    Ian McCall
    Brad Pickett
    Scott Jorgensen
    John Linkear
    John Moraga
    Ali Bagautinov
    Alptekin Ozkilic
    Jussier da Silva
    Ryan Benoit
    Josh Sampo
    Chris Carisaso
    Dustin Oriz
    Darren Uyenoyama
    Jose Maria Tome
    Tim Elliott
    Will Campuzano

That's a really, really solid division. Add in the Asian invation that is happening. Japan has some really solid lighter class guys. China TUF has a BW division if I'm not mistaken. A lot of TUF guys drop weight after. With one more win Zack Makovsky could also sign with the UFC.

vCash
    I do not mind watching this division, but I don't want to see another Demetrious Johnson fight. Just something about him that I do not like.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AjBurnett:27553933
    I do not mind watching this division, but I don't want to see another Demetrious Johnson fight. Just something about him that I do not like.
    I agree to me he seems to just fight for rounds instead of fighting to finish the fight or to dominate if you get what I mean. I really hope that eventually this division gets someone with some really heavy hands and k.o power that can bring some more exciting finishes to this division! But overall I think some of the most even n good fights come from this division
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    After UFC Fight Night 33, I think Justin Scoggins is one to keep a eye on. The guy had an excellent debut and at 21 years of age, he's only going to get better.
    -----