8 38.10%
  • Put Mark back in

2 9.52%
  • Gimme dat Tebow

3 14.29%
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    I understand our drafts have sucked recently but the higher the Jets pick the less likely will draft a bust although we did draft Gholston and Sanchez but the guys at the top of the board are the best for a reason. Dion Jordan or Manti Te'o should be our pick because they can cover and that is huge in this league now.
    The only way we could possibly pick up 1 of those guys is if we lose our last 2 games. Doing that and picking high enough to take either Dion Jordan or Manti Te'o is a long shot IMO

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Im going to the game. Sad being elimiinated from the playoffs, had we won last week this game wouldve been so much boss to be at, but it will be exciting to see what Mac can do and maybe some other players in expanded roles. Still love my Jets even in the tough times.

People parading around for a total retool... Just no. We need our best offensive player back (not including Mangold... who WTF last week? NICE SNAP) and best overall player back, the best defensive player in the league, Revis, and we need a good QB. That's all we need to be an 11 win team. A lot of people predicted 10-11 wins that season, and that was with guys like Wayne Hunter being a factor, thinking Sanchez would improve and Tebow would play a key role, and our best players would be healthy. Lets go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Just glad Sanchez got benched... He does not diserve to ever play again in a Jets uniform he is a disgrace. Let's go Jets and GMAC!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    Im going to the game. Sad being elimiinated from the playoffs, had we won last week this game wouldve been so much boss to be at, but it will be exciting to see what Mac can do and maybe some other players in expanded roles. Still love my Jets even in the tough times.

People parading around for a total retool... Just no. We need our best offensive player back (not including Mangold... who WTF last week? NICE SNAP) and best overall player back, the best defensive player in the league, Revis, and we need a good QB. That's all we need to be an 11 win team. A lot of people predicted 10-11 wins that season, and that was with guys like Wayne Hunter being a factor, thinking Sanchez would improve and Tebow would play a key role, and our best players would be healthy. Lets go.
    Heyyy!! That snap was Sanchez fault didn't you get the memo.. Everything that goes wrong is Sanchez fault duhh
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Give me some GMAC!

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    Heyyy!! That snap was Sanchez fault didn't you get the memo.. Everything that goes wrong is Sanchez fault duhh
    Go back and watch the highlight again it was a low snap and Sanchez was able to pick it up off the turf but when he took 2 steps back was when he fumbled the snap so yes you can't give Sanchez any more excuses or feel sorry for him. It's his own fault he didn't wear a glove on his throwing hand to grip the ball better

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Viscera View Post
    Go back and watch the highlight again it was a low snap and Sanchez was able to pick it up off the turf but when he took 2 steps back was when he fumbled the snap so yes you can't give Sanchez any more excuses or feel sorry for him. It's his own fault he didn't wear a glove on his throwing hand to grip the ball better
    Not many qb's can throw with a glove on there throwing hand.. If any.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    i predict GMac 3 TD-1 INT

Moh Town!

vCash
    I understand our drafts have sucked recently but the higher the Jets pick the less likely will draft a bust although we did draft Gholston and Sanchez but the guys at the top of the board are the best for a reason. Dion Jordan or Manti Te'o should be our pick because they can cover and that is huge in this league now.
    Let's not forget Duane Robertson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan125 View Post
    i predict GMac 3 TD-1 INT
    What the heck - you've got nothing to lose, right?

I would hope he can stay away from any turnovers, and they won't be looked on too favorably UNLESS they are great throws that receivers whiff on, and it gets picked off.

Sanchez had a number of those early in the season, but the 2nd half of the season they were mostly stupid, or off target throws - often both.

Good luck Greg McElroy.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    I really hope we lose these next two games but G-Mac plays well because it would really benefit our team. Call me not a true Jets fan and ill snap.
    Not a true fan.

Actually though, what the hell is the difference between the 7th-9th and 12th-15th pick in the NFL draft? NOTHING. Its all hit or miss. Just root for the wins. Root for domination. Give yourself a chance to enjoy watching the team for 2 more weeks.

I dont understand it. You all LOVE the Jets right? You want them to lsoe and have a really ****** next 2 weeks watching them and have a 1% higher chance of having a great player in the draft? or since you love them you want to be able to enjoy 2 more weeks of them? If anything, them being eliminated from the playoffs makes me want them to win more. I cant explain it, but being able to watch them for the sake of watching them rather than the sake of a playoff run is a ton of fun

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    If we look at recent history, and long-term history - where our Jets pick in the 1st round has nothing to do with draft success. I have documented this before. That is why I can't see ANY reason to wish for my team to lose. IF (moot point), it was last year, and we had such a bad record that we would have been in the running for Luck, or RGIII - then maybe....but that's all make believe, AND the 8th best QB in this league (statistically - QBR - and in putting his team in a good playoff position) was a 3rd round draft pick. So whether we pick 10, or 15th (or 7th, or 30th) doesn't add up to warm dog poop! Who is the best 1st round draft pick in the TREX era? Number 30th in the 1st round - Muhammed Wilkerson - so it just doesn't matter!

What will make a difference is if REX stops making personnel decisions, and Woody hires a real football savvy GM. Whether that is possible is yet to be seen.

I would go 1 step further and say that what would really make a big difference is if Woody cleans house because we NEED a good GM, and that GM has to convince REX that defense doesn't win championships (and who thinks that is possible, because it isn't) - great QBs, high powered offenses, good running games, and a decent defense with a great pass rush are all good things - BUT offense wins championships, and for that - we need a great QB, and while I want to see McElroy do well, and win these last 2 games (I always want us to win games because there is NO POINT IN LOSING!) - I think the odds are worse that 100:1 that he'll ever be a great QB.

There's one other interesting problem QB-wise that these last 2 games present is....who will be the back-up QB??? McElroy could go down on the 1st play (kow - NO), and then it's either Tebow, or Sanchez. I guess the majority of everyone here would want Tebow to come in, but: 1) is he better than Sanchez; 2) do you think anyone on the Jets wants to see Tebow come in and succeed - UNLESS Woody is planning on cleaning house - then it doesn't matter because I guarantee the New GM, HC, OC will not want Tebow, or McElroy as their starting QB, and for certain - unless Josh McDaniels takes the job (NOT GOING TOP HAPPEN) - Tebow is history!

It's a total Charlie Foxtrot, and REX, MrT, Sparano, Sanchez, and many other Jet players own a huge piece of that. I don't see any likely scenarios that are going to allow us to proceed without blowing up TREX - but I could be wrong.

Maybe McElroy will be the 2nd coming of Joe Montana, and REX will forfeit all responsibilities for player personnel, and franchise direction to an accomplished GM that brings in a top flight OC that has the "co-head coach title," and everything that was wrong with this team will be righted, and...... BULL-oney!

GO JETS!!!
    This 100%. I can never find it in my heart to root for the Jets to lose. I want them to win every single game no matter what. Only 2 situations would be 1. If draft position actually mattered (like we had a chance to get LUck, RGII, etc, but were not close to that bad), or us losing could eliminate the Patriots from the playoffs. The only 2 POSSIBLE ways. For any other reason is plain dumb. Anyone who thinks the difference 6-10 and 8-8 will do in terms of draft position will matter does not really know what they are talking about.

vCash
    2012: Coples, Hill, Davis
    2011: Wilkerson, Ellis, Kerley, McElroy, Powell
    2010: Kyle Wilson, Joe McKnight
    2009: Sanchez, Greene, Slauson

No superstars but we got a couple WR who could make a really good #2 and #3 next year, we got Coples and Wilkerson who are tanks, we got Davis and Ellis who might turn into tanks, Wilson has shown flashes of brilliance, Im very satisfied with what thisse 3 RB's have brought us, except the coaches dont know how to use McKight, he can easily be Leon Washington and we refuse to let it happen. A QB who got us to 2 AFC championships, a QB who is our QB of the future, a lineman who is not great but not a problem either, starter on most NFL teams.

Yeah we havent gotten any Revis's or Mangolds but the drafts lately havent SUCKED and the jury is still out on about all of these players

vCash
    I think the main problem with our drafting lately is that we're not picking guys NFL ready were taking guys in the 1st three rounds who are developmental players. Sanchez should of stayed in school, Wilkerson needed a year before he could get it going as does couples. And everyone else is still learning the game. We can't draft projects we need to draft starters.

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    ah, the always fun proposition of knowing it's probably in your team's best interest to lose this game (and get a better draft slot), but being completely unable to bring yourself to root against them...

/vomiting
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast