Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Marlins Interested in Castellanos

Before the Miami Marlins signed an ex-Detroit Tigers infielder to be their everyday third baseman, they inquired about a potential future cornerstone of the franchise.

ESPN.com's Jayson Stark is reporting the Marlins unsuccessfully explored trades for a trio of young third basemen, including Tigers prospect Nick Castellanos.

Miami signed Placido Polanco to a one-year contract Thursday.

The 20-year-old Castellanos moved from third base to the outfield last season, as his path to Detroit is blocked by American League MVP Miguel Cabrera.

In 134 games between Lakeland and Erie, Castellanos hit .320 with 10 home runs and 57 RBI. Tigers president Dave Dombrowski said recently he expected Castellanos to begin the 2013 season at Triple-A Toledo.

About the only desirable asset remaining on the Marlins is 23-year-old outfielder Giancarlo Stanton.

Stanton hit .290 with 37 home runs and 86 RBI last season. He isn't eligible to be a free agent until 2017, and is arbitration eligible for the first time.

Stark did not say which players Miami had discussed with Detroit. The Tigers have interest in acquiring another outfield bat, preferably a right-handed hitter.

ESPN.com's Jim Bowden, a former GM with Washington and Cincinnati, wrote Wednesday that Castellanos is among the "next top prospects to be traded."

"Although the Tigers have taken the position that Castellanos is as close to untouchable as any prospect they have, they won't hesitate to move him for a significant piece this summer if they think it will make them World Series favorites," Bowden wrote.
    http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ss...l#incart_river

Stanton, anyone?

"Last year, we earned respect, but this year we want fear. We want quarterbacks to fear us, and we want offensive lines to fear us." --Ndamokung Suh

vCash
    He's the only one that is a worth a damn on that roster but don't think they'll trade him. Makes very little money for the production he gives you.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    well jim bowden said nick's about to be traded. so look for him to have a long prosperous career with detroit

vCash
    Only way Id hope for him to be dealt would be for Stanton. I love that guy. Just for the fact that he is a super power hitter under contract (and cheap) until 2017 is crazy. He would be the only player I would personally trade Nick for. Hell, I'd even give them Garcia as well. Our outfield would be a lock with Jackson, Stanton, and then Hunter/Dirks.

vCash
    Stanton is one of the guys i would give up nicky c for. If you really think about it, we want the tigers to win now. With Stanton theres no doubt we would be in the WS. Nick hasn't played a second in the majors and hasn't proven anything. Stanton on the other hand....

vCash
    Maybe package cast, porcello and Garcia. But I'm still not sure that would be enough

vCash
    I'm amazed the Marlins are even considering trading proven talent to us for unproven prospects again. I'd be ecstatic if we somehow landed Stanton.

vCash
    I won't call any of you out for sucking Stanton's dick. He's damn good

vCash
    lol Dekker

I'd give them the farm for Stanton.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    My man crush on Stanton is off the charts. I'd give up Nick C, Garcia, Porcello/Smyly, Boesch, + filler without batting an eye.

"Last year, we earned respect, but this year we want fear. We want quarterbacks to fear us, and we want offensive lines to fear us." --Ndamokung Suh

vCash
    I can see DD said "Lets talk Stanton". Marlins followed with "We are open to trading anyone but Stanton". DD "Have a nice day".

I would pony up a package with NC in a second for Stanton. My guess is the Marlins were thinking a Logan Morrison or Ricky Nolasco would get it done.

vCash
    I agree, Stanton would be unbelievable addition to our squad but what about Hechavarria and Nolasco for NickC?

vCash
    Why trade for another pitcher when we already have 6 starters for 4 spots?
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    stanton or no deal dammit

vCash
    Prince for Giancarlo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast