Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Davis out four to six weeks

Magic forward Glen Davis has a left shoulder sprain but no structural damage, the team announced on Thursday. Davis suffered the injury during the team’s 90-83 win against the Wizards on Wednesday night. An MRI was done on Thursday, and Magic General Manager Rob Hennigan released a statement about Davis’s status:

“After further evaluation by our medical staff, Glen Davis has been diagnosed with a left shoulder sprain,” said Hennigan. “The MRI showed no significant structural damage. He will be treated non-operatively. Treatment will include rest and subsequent strengthening of the muscles around his shoulder. His return will depend on progress made during his rehabilitation.”

Although no official timetable has been announced for Davis’s return, he is expected to be out of action for four to six weeks.

Prior to the injury, Davis had been averaging career highs in minutes (33), points (16), rebounds (7.9) and assists (1.8). The injury occurred late in the fourth quarter after a hard foul by Wizards center Emeka Okafor:

http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/20/gl...-sprain-magic/

This will hurt. Nicholson gets more minutes (woooo!) but this is a big blow for us.

vCash
    Good for nicholson
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    I'm indifferent, I hope this leads to more losses though. Nicholson should get more mins too.

vCash
    Whatevs.

Maybe we'll start sucking now.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Superman* View Post
    I'm indifferent, I hope this leads to more losses though. Nicholson should get more mins too.
    I could see if it was close to the end of the season and we had one of the worst records in the league but when we are only a couple games out of the 8th seed of the playoffs is crazy. If we suck who is to say our draft pick pans out? The good GMs can find talent later in the first round. So just keep sucking on purpose every year until the balls bounce are way and we get some phenom?

vCash
    Why didnt you want us to suck last year too did you really think we was gona win the championship?

vCash
    What good does barely making the playoffs do. We will just get sent home by Miami or whoever else we play. As of now we are irrelevant until we free up money and can sign max deal potential players/ draft the next franchise player. It was a different story up until Dwight got injured last year.

And our schedule this month got us a few easy wins. I highly doubt we end up with a better record than Philly when Bynum comes back.
    Last edited by *Superman*; 12-20-2012 at 10:55 PM.

vCash
    What good does barely making the playoffs do. We will just get sent home by Miami or whoever else we play. As of now we are irrelevant until we free up money and can sign max deal potential players/ draft the next franchise player. It was a different story up until Dwight got injured last year.

And our schedule this month got us a few easy wins. I highly doubt we end up with a better record than Philly when Bynum comes back.
    So you are saying we should just keep losing on purpose every year until we get lucky and the balls bounce are way and we draft some phenom?

vCash
    I don't think we will be the next Thunder. It will have to be done from drafting/FA signing. Relying to heavily on one of the above is pretty difficult to retool an entire team.

If we wanted to be a middle of the pack team, why didn't we go ahead and trade for Brook Lopez and whatever else BK was offering.

But to answer your question, to an extent, yes that is what I think we need to do. I'm not sure if we will find our best player through the draft, look at how bad the Bobcats luck has been with the players they drafted and how long have they been irrelevant.
    Last edited by *Superman*; 12-21-2012 at 12:33 AM.

vCash
    I don't think we will be the next Thunder. It will have to be done from drafting/FA signing. Relying to heavily on one of the above is pretty difficult to retool an entire team.

If we wanted to be a middle of the pack team, why didn't we go ahead and trade for Brook Lopez and whatever else BK was offering.

But to answer your question, to an extent, yes that is what I think we need to do. I'm not sure if we will find our best player through the draft, look at how bad the Bobcats luck has been with the players they drafted and how long have they been irrelevant.
    Im glad we didnt get Lopez I dont think hes all that good, plus hes always hurt. I think we got the best deal we could. But yeah I would love if we could rid of some of these bad contract we have if someone will take them, but I would never lose on purpose especially if we have a chance to make the playoffs. Cause like you said you never know if your pick will pan out. If he dont we will be that much more in the hole.

vCash
    I'm glad that these guys are playing hard. That's all I can ask for, if we get some extra wins, more than I expected nothing I can really do about that. But either way one team will win every year, the best we can do is put ourself in a position to make us better next year and improve incrementally.

vCash

Davis out four to six weeks

I only see 8 teams being definitively worse than us that being said we could win 30 games and still pick in the top ten more than likely.

NO KOOL-AID ZONE

vCash
    This jag fan is ****ing annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    This jag fan is ****ing annoying
    :cry: quit being a little crybaby
    Last edited by flgatorsandjags; 12-21-2012 at 01:16 PM.

vCash
    Not crying, just pointing out a fact
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast