Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

What is causing bad three point shooting teams to bomb threes against the Dubs?

This is thread worthy Mac, if it's not I don't know what is. But this is a specific topic that deserves it's own discussion, so please don't move it.

But when the Dubs lost to Orlando, we thought it was a fluke. Some of us did. But they had JJ Redick who shot lights out from beyond the ark. Though JJ is good, he wasn't having his best year up that point. The Magic collectively have struggled from beyond the arc. When they hit threes and beat us, some on here were saying it was a fluke. But when we played them again, the same story transpired.

Now we have lost 2 against Sac. I'm not sure about the first one, but this poor three point shooting team went 11-18 against us. Guys like Aaron Brooks hitting threes over us. He couldn't miss.

So this is at least three times now when the poor three point shooting team beat us at our own game. Something must be going on with our defense. I can't figure out what it is.

vCash
    It's because most of these "bad" 3-pt shooting teams happen to have "good" dominant bigs inside that you have to account for. Both Magic and Kings had a field day in the paint with us because we could not stop Cousins and Big Baby. When the perimeter defenders get sucked in to help the interior defenders, they ended a step late getting back to their man outside. You saw a lot of that last night when Klay was guarding Thornton & Jimmer.

If Bogut was in that game, that would not happen

vCash
    defense of the perimeter players... in other words, Klay and Curry.

vCash
    The Kings just have our #, esp. Thornton, dude always go on fire against us. Not sure why. That team could be 10-60 and they'd beat us that's why I hate playing against them. Maybe Keith Smart just know the formula to beat his old team.

vCash
    Some teams just don't play well against others. It's nothing new. A more logical approach would be when the opposing team has a legitimate big man, it draws us inwards towards the paint; therefore leaving the perimeter open. That's why teams can beat us with the three point shot. When we over helped on Cousins, it either ended up with an open three or a foul on the block.

vCash
    No matter how mad the perimeter defense was 60 percent is unsustainable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman0621 View Post
    The Kings just have our #, esp. Thornton, dude always go on fire against us. Not sure why. That team could be 10-60 and they'd beat us that's why I hate playing against them. Maybe Keith Smart just know the formula to beat his old team.
    the warriors do not play the same style as they did when smart was here. This wasnt a bad match up that caused this game. the warriors didnt put effort out there for 3/4 of the game last night. there was no movement off the ball, they kept settling for 19 foot jumpers with a guy right in their face with 15 seconds on the clock. they gave up layups to all of their players and they gave open 3s. there was no energy.... has nothing to do with kings players or style of play.

that was not the warriors team that played in miami. they werent even trying to get good shots
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Because there scared Lee might block their shot if they drive. Na but on some real ****, have you ever noticed that Lee never leaves his feet on defense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    Because there scared Lee might block their shot if they drive. Na but on some real ****, have you ever noticed that Lee never leaves his feet on defense at all.
    Yes, I'd rather have him fall for more pump fakes.

vCash
    U guys keep talking about their bigs getting the other guys threes. Bit let me ask u this. Would u rather have the team go 60 prevent on threes or 60 percent from the field? Trade some of those threes and let them score down low and the outcome could have been different. We have played defense all year so why is baby Davis such a factor? There are plenty of guys bigger and better than him. Why would he out of all people be such a factor? He's barely a power forward. We beat the hawks they have better bigs. We beat brook Lopez. We beat gortat. We beat bosh. We beat the clippers. So why is baby Davis a killer? I don't get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman0621 View Post
    It's because most of these "bad" 3-pt shooting teams happen to have "good" dominant bigs inside that you have to account for. Both Magic and Kings had a field day in the paint with us because we could not stop Cousins and Big Baby. When the perimeter defenders get sucked in to help the interior defenders, they ended a step late getting back to their man outside. You saw a lot of that last night when Klay was guarding Thornton & Jimmer.

If Bogut was in that game, that would not happen

My friend said on bobblehead night bogut could barely walk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    U guys keep talking about their bigs getting the other guys threes. Bit let me ask u this. Would u rather have the team go 60 prevent on threes or 60 percent from the field? Trade some of those threes and let them score down low and the outcome could have been different. We have played defense all year so why is baby Davis such a factor? There are plenty of guys bigger and better than him. Why would he out of all people be such a factor? He's barely a power forward. We beat the hawks they have better bigs. We beat brook Lopez. We beat gortat. We beat bosh. We beat the clippers. So why is baby Davis a killer? I don't get it.
    You are dumb.

Dumb question and it's not a reasonable concern either.

vCash
    fight fight fight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    U guys keep talking about their bigs getting the other guys threes. Bit let me ask u this. Would u rather have the team go 60 prevent on threes or 60 percent from the field?
    That probably is the stupidest thing ever. As a wise coach once said about the midrange shot, "it is the least efficient shot" I looked at the box score for the game against sac and they shot 26 3's, and made 13... i'm not mad at that. that's 50% and more points than if you shoot 26 shots in the paint and only 13 fall.... thats 69 points vs 26... Once the warriors get bogut back, or once biedrins/ezeli become more offensive, then the warriors wont have a true moment to grow at the 3pt line. Also it's not a matter of what you'd rather have, basketball is a game of statistics. You will take the risk of thorton getting hot, but you don't expect brooks, thomas to also get as hot, which makes it difficult... i just realized i ranted on... ignore me lol

fail

vCash
    Dude odp, you arent allowed to make threads

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast