Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Which means they aren't very good, for all intents and purposes. They have little to no value (even if they were tradeable). They're just lottery tickets at this point. Need to at least see them go through a year to see what attrition does.
    Not true these guys all have value :Vizcaino/Maples/Whitenack/Struck/Johnson/Underwood/Rhee/Wells just to name a few.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Hoo-Ray!!! What a good deal!

vCash
    Didn't two of those guys just get passed on in the Rule 5?

vCash
    Love this compared to what Anibal got. I'll take the healthier guy who really isn't much worse, for a lot less money any day of the week!

vCash
    Can someone tell me where this puts our 2013 payroll at now? I'm too lazy to do it myself

vCash
    I really don't want to get rid of garza or shark. Cubs aren't that far away fellas! Get a real bat, we will start making some noise. Welcome Edwin. Chicago is a nice city but the fans can be little rough. I'm happy to have you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Not true these guys all have value :Vizcaino/Maples/Whitenack/Struck/Johnson/Underwood/Rhee/Wells just to name a few.
    Little to none in a trade. Most of those guys are worth barely more than the draft pick they were taken with at this point. Maybe if you packaged a bunch of them up you'd get something worthwhile in return. And by a bunch, I mean basically all.

(And I realize you can't trade a lot of them)

I'm not lumping Vizcaino in, though. He has value and is, if not major league ready, very close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    Possible 2014 rotation if everyone sticks around:

Price, Garza, Samardzija, Jackson, Vizcaino.

Even if we trade Garza or Shark, we'll still have the #2 overall pick who could be a college SP, as well as Baker, Feldman, Wood, and another FA class to work with.
    Thats very rays-ish lol

BULLS PLAYOFF PUSH 2014!!

vCash
    Also gotta factor in what the Cubs wind up paying Garza in his last arbitration year which will impact his value somewhat. That is of course if they don't extend him. But I gotta figure his injury has hurt his stock even with his arbitration demands. Dunno but time will tell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2206 View Post
    Can someone tell me where this puts our 2013 payroll at now? I'm too lazy to do it myself
    Like $108 million?

Give or take a bunch either way depending on how you account for arbitration and the fact that we'll probably pay more than 25 players.

vCash
    What does the rule 5 have to do with talent...several talented players were passed on because they are not yet ready to be on a roster for a year but I can bet if Struck goes unprotected next year he will be taken.

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Biblioteca View Post
    Michael Bourn would be awesome
    I'd love him on a 4 year deal, but no higher then that.

vCash
    Dare to dream. 2015 rotation.

Price/Samardzija/Garza/Jackson/Appel..........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Little to none in a trade. Most of those guys are worth barely more than the draft pick they were taken with at this point. Maybe if you packaged a bunch of them up you'd get something worthwhile in return. And by a bunch, I mean basically all.

(And I realize you can't trade a lot of them)

I'm not lumping Vizcaino in, though. He has value and is, if not major league ready, very close.
    Those are the types of players you see being traded all of the time...so I disagree that those guys don't have trade value.

vCash

Cubs sign Edwin Jackson, four years/52 million

Price/shark/Vizciano/Jackson/Appel

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast