Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
    vCash
    Damnit Croce, now I'm dumber for having to read that garbage and I didn't think I could get much dumber than I already am.

vCash
    I think they deleted my comment, I can't find it anymore

Nevermind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I think they deleted my comment, I can't find it anymore

Nevermind.
    It was still there a few minutes ago

vCash
    CHICAGO -- This offseason the Chicago Cubs identified Anibal Sanchez and Edwin Jackson as the two free-agent starting pitchers who best fit their criteria.

Sanchez and Jackson were talented enough to help the team improve in the present, but they were also young enough to be part of their future core.

The Cubs only wanted to add one pitcher though.

On Dec. 14, the Cubs coincidentally delivered their pitch to both free agents at the exact same time. Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts and team president Theo Epstein met with Sanchez in Miami. General manager Jed Hoyer and manager Dale Sveum met with Jackson in Newport Beach, Calif.

News of the Sanchez meeting found its way to the internet quickly. But within a day, he decided to pass on the Cubs’ offer for slightly more money with the Detroit Tigers and signed a five-year, $80 million contract.

The Cubs’ focus immediately narrowed to Jackson, and this time they weren’t going to lose out. The right-handed Jackson and the Cubs agreed to a four-year deal worth $52 million, including an $8 million signing bonus with annual salaries of $11 million per year, according to a Cubs source. On Wednesday, the Cubs introduced Jackson at a news conference at Wrigley Field.

“It’s hard to sign free-agent players in general,” Hoyer said on Wednesday. “We knew that we were going to go after both guys. So Dale and I took the meeting in California, and Tom and Theo went to Florida. We did a better job of hiding ours.

“All along we sort of operate on parallel tracks, and both guys fit what we’re looking for as far as being 28 (Jackson is 29), being a part of our core. That was sort of interesting -- two camps. It sort of ended up that way schedule-wise. It wasn’t intentional.”
    ESPN Chicago

Nothing new really. Just interesting how they went about recruiting the two players.

vCash
    yeah, the guy who was visited by what could be considered the "lesser" of the FO, was the guy who signed.

vCash
    Wow some of those Facebook comments were harsh.

Jackson is a pretty good pitcher I think.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    I went and made a few of my own ripping them for being dumb aassrses
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    Give us players who WANT to play to win, like Ernie, Ron, Sandberg, Andre Dawson, Darwin Barney.
    This particular quote made me laugh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A New Era View Post
    yeah, the guy who was visited by what could be considered the "lesser" of the FO, was the guy who signed.
    Yeah, the other guy only said he was "blown away" and took a bit more money to sign with a team that was in the World Series last year instead of a team that didn't win 70 games.

It's totally their faults. They clearly botched it

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    I really hate listening to our fanbase sometimes - especially the majority of facebook/twitter users.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird89 View Post

Absolutely. And showing that he can stay healthy for 200+ IP is a big help when it's a quality pitcher like Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird89 View Post

Going on facebook and calling out the stupid is fun. I absolutely love it.

My personal favorite comments are the ones involving people wanting us to sign "young talent" cause there is a plethora of it out there.

vCash
    Baseball is one of those subjects that's just not fun to talk about with people who aren't roughly on the same level of interest as you.

If someone wants to complain about signing Jackson because he was 10-11 last year, I'm not going to worry about it too much.

I'm sure a guy like Hoyer would roll his eyes at me the same way hearing me talk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terencem View Post
    Absolutely. And showing that he can stay healthy for 200+ IP is a big help when it's a quality pitcher like Jackson.
    Yeah he's not the type of pitcher to wow people often, but he's consistent and dependable.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    some of u people need to shutup cause u will never b happy morans
    This was my favorite comment.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast