Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I find it amusing that many of the same people who complain about overspending on Santana/Bay/Ollie/Luis/etc are *****ing that we have not spent this year.

Who would you want? We were not getting Hamilton. You want to overspend on Victorino? On Ross? On Swisher?

Look at the potential free agents for next year. Not many there.

Spending money does not equate to winning. I'd rather use funds on actual talent rather than throw money around like drunken sailors to shut some loudmouthed fans up.
    I really should develop a sig, huh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet6986 View Post
    I find it amusing that many of the same people who complain about overspending on Santana/Bay/Ollie/Luis/etc are *****ing that we have not spent this year.

Who would you want? We were not getting Hamilton. You want to overspend on Victorino? On Ross? On Swisher?

Spending money does not equate to winning. I'd rather use funds on actual talent rather than throw money around like drunken sailors to shut some loudmouthed fans up.
    Nailed it.

I have no issue whatsoever with them not spending this year. My concern is whether they will spend when it does become more appropriate.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I'd just like the see the Mets field a respectable team that can make a run if all things break right. There is nothing in their outfield, or being spoken about for their outfield, that can make a difference.

vCash
    I am expecting a trade...we have a surplus of young pitching and some money to spend on the right salary dump. Don't expect us to field an outfield of Duda, Nieuwenhuis and Cowgill with Valdespin and Baxter in reserve...the fact that Hairston has not signed could mean he is holding out for Ross money but isn't getting the same offer as he is not quite as well rounded. I rhink moat fans would prefr a solid major league ready prospect like AJ Pollock from Arizona. We shall see.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    I am expecting a trade...we have a surplus of young pitching and some money to spend on the right salary dump. Don't expect us to field an outfield of Duda, Nieuwenhuis and Cowgill with Valdespin and Baxter in reserve...the fact that Hairston has not signed could mean he is holding out for Ross money but isn't getting the same offer as he is not quite as well rounded. I rhink moat fans would prefr a solid major league ready prospect like AJ Pollock from Arizona. We shall see.
    I'm expecting nothing except maybe more APHs.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    They aren't going to make a trade, I doubt this team changes much other than a starting pitcher.

vCash

TY sir.

vCash

So what's you plan to acquire real talent and then compete? when are you thinking of competing again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    So what's you plan to acquire real talent and then compete? when are you thinking of competing again?
    You haven't told us your plans or shared any of your ideas except saying the Wilpons are cheap and won't sign anybody. If you were GM, what moves would you have made this off-season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    You haven't told us your plans or shared any of your ideas except saying the Wilpons are cheap and won't sign anybody. If you were GM, what moves would you have made this off-season?

Why should I?

We pay a guy a fortune to do that.

They are cheap and they haven't signed anybody, even by your own admission i'm right.

vCash
    Why should I?

We pay a guy a fortune to do that.

They are cheap and they haven't signed anybody, even by your own admission i'm right.
    Why shouldn't you? You keep complaining about how Sandy's not making the team better, yet you can't come up with a single idea to make it happen.

Typical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Why shouldn't you? You keep complaining about how Sandy's not making the team better, yet you can't come up with a single idea to make it happen.

Typical.
    Why should I?

They haven't done as single thing to improve the team, but I'm supposed to come up with solutions?

Ok.

It's not up to me, I'm a fan. I want to win, I want to see the team improved, i'm tired of throwing seasons away before they begin. If you're happy with doing nothing then you must be happy throwing seasons away.

vCash
    Why should I?

They haven't done as single thing to improve the team, but I'm supposed to come up with solutions?

Ok.

It's not up to me, I'm a fan. I want to win, I want to see the team improved, i'm tired of throwing seasons away before they begin. If you're happy with doing nothing then you must be happy throwing seasons away.
    Cool so you have no idea how to improve the team. I guess there's no simple solution to make a winner then, right?

vCash
    Why should I?

Ok.

OK, I'll bite on this, although it probably is a huge waste of time.

I think that with the right move or two we could at least be on thr fringes of contention this year and serious contenders in 2014.

One move that would be doable is this:

The Chicago White Sox want a power left handed bat, we need a power right handed bat, preferably an outfielder.

Dayan Viciedo from the Sox for Lucas Duda and a lower level pitching prospect.

That move would fill the needs of two teams, and is fair to both sides.

Viceiedo in left field upgrades the outfield, Buck upgraded the catching position already.

Next hole to fill short term would be CF/Leadoff. The perfect option is Michael Bourn for three years, but that is not going to happen. Next best affordable option would probably be Nyjer Morgan for one year.

He's not the best option, but not terrible. He is a good defender, that is the most important thing, and he would not block any of our potential CF options like Kirk or den Dekker if they make the next step.

There you go, Mr. Negativity. Viable options that would make the team relevant and not hamstring the team in the future.

It's called creative thinking, and if you are not automatically negative about everything, you can see options eaiser.

Now, again, I agree that I don't trust the WILPONS to do what it takes to win, but I have seen not one shred of evidence that Sandy Alderson has done ANYTHING that would indicate lying or unwillingness to put a marketable, winning team on the field.

If you can't look past your own black colored glasses, then you are not much of a fan, frankly.
    I really should develop a sig, huh?

vCash
    OK, I'll bite on this, although it probably is a huge waste of time.

I think that with the right move or two we could at least be on thr fringes of contention this year and serious contenders in 2014.

One move that would be doable is this:

The Chicago White Sox want a power left handed bat, we need a power right handed bat, preferably an outfielder.

Dayan Viciedo from the Sox for Lucas Duda and a lower level pitching prospect.

That move would fill the needs of two teams, and is fair to both sides.

Viceiedo in left field upgrades the outfield, Buck upgraded the catching position already.

Next hole to fill short term would be CF/Leadoff. The perfect option is Michael Bourn for three years, but that is not going to happen. Next best affordable option would probably be Nyjer Morgan for one year.

He's not the best option, but not terrible. He is a good defender, that is the most important thing, and he would not block any of our potential CF options like Kirk or den Dekker if they make the next step.

There you go, Mr. Negativity. Viable options that would make the team relevant and not hamstring the team in the future.

It's called creative thinking, and if you are not automatically negative about everything, you can see options eaiser.

Now, again, I agree that I don't trust the WILPONS to do what it takes to win, but I have seen not one shred of evidence that Sandy Alderson has done ANYTHING that would indicate lying or unwillingness to put a marketable, winning team on the field.

If you can't look past your own black colored glasses, then you are not much of a fan, frankly.

Fair enough, then why won't they do anything? Why haven't they signed a single FA?

If you're happy making excuses for doing nothing year after and are happy just throwing season after season away then frankly you're not much of a fan either...

How could anyone NOT be automatically negative about the Coupons they're just about the worst owners in sports...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast