Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Only because they had to scrub him down for his surgery.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash

Arizona and the Mets: Perfect Together

With the Ross signing AZ is looking to fill holes with their surplus. Looking at the comments in the AZ fans website the concensus is they need a thirdbaseman and have Ross, Eaton and Upton with Parra as their fourth OFer and Kubel [another Duda type] and the prospect AJ Pollock available for trade to fill their holes.

Here are Pollock's key stats [looks like he missed 2010 season due to injury]:

YEAR AB R HR RBI SB BA OBA

2009 255 36 3 22 10 .271 .319
    2011 550 103 8 73 36 .307 .357
    2012 471 65 3 52 21 .318 .369

The .360 OBA, 36 SBs and 103 runs scored plus 73 RBIs and 41 doubles in a full season intrigues me....looks like he can drive in a run too...not just a slap hitter. He had 81 ABs for the major league club in 2012 and hit .247 so he may be over the initial shock of making the majors.

I could see a Murphy+ for Pollock+ type deal and SA looks to fill in 2B with a better defensive player with speed...another area to research later. Maybe Bonifacio---switch hitter [averages 1 30 .267 37 SBs and is 27] from TOR?

Polllock-R/Nieuwenhuis-L, [2B Chone Figgins as a stopgap---worth a cheap contract??? or Bonifacio L/R], Wright-R, Davis-L, Hairston-R [or Rivera-R as a stopgap???], Duda-L, Buck-R/TDA, Tejada-R has some run scoring potential and guys who can play several positions.
    Last edited by rdg515; 12-25-2012 at 04:48 PM.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    Even though I love Murph, good research I would pull the gun on that.

vCash
    Eaton BTW stole 44 bases and scored 130 runs and batted .375! at AA/AA this year---so he and Pollock have nothing left to prove in the minors...six outfielders guarantees at least one trade in the offing. He would take one helluva package to get...Murphy and Syndergaard and Flores perhaps?
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash

Jacoby Elsbury: Are We Ready for Another Former Red Sox Outfielder?

Elsbury is clearly on the block...made $8.0M in 2012 and is 2nd year arb elgible in 2013, is 29, lefty CFer, was an all star two years ago before hurting his shoulder---didn't excel when he returned. In 2011 he went 32 105 .321 and was one of the best players in baseball. Is a free agent after next season. Would he be worth a WFlores and a middle level pitcher in return? If he returns to form we get a true foundation player to pair with Wright...if he flops he leaves as a FA...somewhere in between he gets re-signed or traded for prospects or leaves for a draft pick. Boras is his agent though. Whaddya think?
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    Will he work for food?

That's where the debate starts and ends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    Elsbury is clearly on the block...made $8.0M in 2012 and is 2nd year arb elgible in 2013, is 29, lefty CFer, was an all star two years ago before hurting his shoulder---didn't excel when he returned. In 2011 he went 32 105 .321 and was one of the best players in baseball. Is a free agent after next season. Would he be worth a WFlores and a middle level pitcher in return? If he returns to form we get a true foundation player to pair with Wright...if he flops he leaves as a FA...somewhere in between he gets re-signed or traded for prospects or leaves for a draft pick. Boras is his agent though. Whaddya think?
    An unproven minorleaguer in flores plus just a mid level pitcher for Ellsbury, a great defensive CFer just one yr removed from an mvp type season? Lol at least be realistic. If you want that caliber MLB player by trading just prospects, it will have to be a top prospect like Wheeler. Otherwise they would get laughed at, much like u do for some of the threads you mak .

vCash
    Pollack seems interesting, but looks very comparable to our own Juan Lagares.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    Pollack seems interesting, but looks very comparable to our own Juan Lagares.
    lol good observation. No way is that a guy I want to trade for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    An unproven minorleaguer in flores plus just a mid level pitcher for Ellsbury, a great defensive CFer just one yr removed from an mvp type season? Lol at least be realistic. If you want that caliber MLB player by trading just prospects, it will have to be a top prospect like Wheeler. Otherwise they would get laughed at, much like u do for some of the threads you mak .
    Try looking at the Red Sox fan forum...local Boston writers are speculating the Sox may just dump him if someone would pick up the salary...they just signed Gomes and Victorino so they wouldn't expect much back in return. And if you disagree with my opinions you are entitled to do so but keep your negative comments to yourself. My posts are filled with facts, not just unqualified opinions and wild conjecture and most folks appreciate that.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    i wish the mets were looking in anaheim for outfield help. Bourjos or Trumbo would be great

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcoreicon View Post
    i wish the mets were looking in anaheim for outfield help. Bourjos or Trumbo would be great
    I'm still skeptical that Bourjos will live up to his potential. Great glove, but will he hit. Seems a lot like den Dekker to me. And the Anges aren't going to move Trumbo, who will be their primary DH now that they've traded Kendry.

My preference, if we deal with the Angels, is Kole Calhoun. I know . . he's another lefty. But we can't all be perfect fits. His minor league career slash line .309/.396/.525/.920 and in a full season at high A Inland Empire in 2011 he hit 22 HRs and stole 20 bases. My only concern is that I think his 3 minor league seasons were all spent in high altitude, hitter friendly locations, which could inflate his stats.

I saw one Mets blogger suggest that the Angels would be willing to pick up $38 million of the $42 million Wells is owed for 2013 & 2014, and that the Mets should take a flyer with him in the hope that a change of scenery is just what he needs to regain the mojo he had in Toronto. Would you do that?

BTW, Ellsbury would be a great pickup if the Sox asking price wasn't too high. But I don't think Alderson wants to take on the $8+ million he'll get in arbitration this year, lose a few good prospects, and then lose Ellsbury to free agency next year. We could make him a qualifying offer and get a draft pick if he has a good season, though.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Bourjos is way better than den Dekker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    lol good observation. No way is that a guy I want to trade for.
    Well, depends on the cost. Pollock is actually about ready now, while Lagares is a year younger and needs a year in AAA. And both are similar to Cowgill, the guy we just traded Marte for, but with a little more upside possible. Cowgill is a year and a half older than Pollock and even more ready to help now, but with no real chance to be anything more than he is now.

But yeah, probably not quite worth giving up Murphy.

Pollack probably is more highly regarded than Lagares, as he was a former 1st round pick. He has a shot to be a regular, so his value is maybe comparable to a right handed Kirk Nieuwenhuis (though a bit different type of player). But the scouting makes the defensive value sound similar to Lagares (and the stats make Lagares look better there), and the stats and scouting both make their bats look very similar. Clay Davenport's peak (age-adjusted) projection using minor league stats is the same .247 EQA for both players (with Pollock showing a bit better OBP and even a bit less power).
    Last edited by acerimusdux; 12-27-2012 at 10:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Bourjos is way better than den Dekker.
    Bourjos is a much better defender. Den Dekker is good, but he's really not elite. He doesn't have Bourjos speed. It's like comparing Ruben Tejada to Elvis Andrus defensively.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast