Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Def sign him to a small incentive based deal. No problem with this kind of move at all. I doubt this would limit them from making another move

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsjets0809 View Post
    def sign him to a small incentive based deal. No problem with this kind of move at all. I doubt this would limit them from making another move
    aph.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    What I would do is sign him to a 1 year deal with a second year team option. If he comes back and performs healthy you can pick u his option. If not decline and send him on his way.

vCash
    Sizemore used to be one of the greatest players in the game.

He's not anymore but, if he could come back a 1/3 of what he was in his prime, I'd take that.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Every time there is a dead beat available someone has to say we should look at him.....

Waste of a thread.
    It's Bumper Car Season

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Sandy's a business man, so he makes this move.

(1) He maybe a shell of his former self, but if healthy the guy is fantastic. I still have a man crush on him. I thought he and Wright would be the faces of baseball for a while.

(2) He's something to sell the fanbase on. Even if he sucks, he has a blockbuster name, and that sells with fans and media especially in NY. You give people another reason to buy tickets, at least from June onwards.

(3) Even if ready by midseason, if we are contending by midseason, when prospects like Wheeler and d'Arnaud are called up, we are even stronger as a team. Anything earlier from Grady is icing.

(4) Low risk high reward.

(5) I'm sure we're rolling with Kirk/Cowgill in CF/RF, or both, so that's a solution for half a season, along with possibly Matt den Dekker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    Sandy's a business man, so he makes this move.

(1) He maybe a shell of his former self, but if healthy the guy is fantastic. I still have a man crush on him. I thought he and Wright would be the faces of baseball for a while.

(2) He's something to sell the fanbase on. Even if he sucks, he has a blockbuster name, and that sells with fans and media especially in NY. You give people another reason to buy tickets, at least from June onwards.

(3) Even if ready by midseason, if we are contending by midseason, when prospects like Wheeler and d'Arnaud are called up, we are even stronger as a team. Anything earlier from Grady is icing.

(4) Low risk high reward.

(5) I'm sure we're rolling with Kirk/Cowgill in CF/RF, or both, so that's a solution for half a season, along with possibly Matt den Dekker
    Everyone had a man crush on him once those nude pics circulated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Everyone had a man crush on him once those nude pics circulated.
    haha. But actually Sizemore and Wright were virtually the lone speed-power-nice guys in the league that were young.

Now both are 30. Wright has obviously had a great career thus far, and the future bodes well, but would love to have them both.

I'm fine with a two year deal, as long as there's a vesting option for the second year in addition to a team option. I think that's the way you approach this. Like say 1.5 million for this year, with 2.5M next year. The the option vests if he plays a minimum of like 50 games. If he does this in addition to some offensive numbers, next year's salary bumps up to like 5M. And then have similar offensive incentives in the contract next year that would get him to like 10M+.

vCash
    He's done, and he can't even play CF anymore. We shouldn't be wasting any time with him.

He hasn't been a good player since 2009. The fantasy of seeing the old Sizemore from 2005-2008 is not happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    He's done, and he can't even play CF anymore. We shouldn't be wasting any time with him.

He hasn't been a good player since 2009. The fantasy of seeing the old Sizemore from 2005-2008 is not happening.
    For about 1M, there aren't a lot of other guys that have as high an upside. I'd do it about 8 times out of 10. And let him play RF, nbd.

If he sticks, you can play Cowgill and Sizemore is your bench guy, or gets released. Not concerned. Take a shot. If he does hit well for another team, we will be banging our heads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    For about 1M, there aren't a lot of other guys that have as high an upside. I'd do it about 8 times out of 10. And let him play RF, nbd.

If he sticks, you can play Cowgill and Sizemore is your bench guy, or gets released. Not concerned. Take a shot. If he does hit well for another team, we will be banging our heads.
    What upside? Even when he played 71 games in 2011, he hit .224/.285/.422. He has no arm to play RF.

He sucks now, I'll gladly pass on him and give the opportunities to den Dekker and Nieuwenhuis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post

Bingo.

vCash
    Considering we haven't seen what he looks like now or will look like later, I'll leave it up to the front office to decide whether he's worth the risk. On an incentive based deal, I don't see the problem. If he's returning in June/July he'll start in the minors and likely wouldn't be promoted if he was sucking it up.

www.DailyStache.net You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    For the right price, I don't see why not. He has all the talent you could ask for, he just can't stay healthy. A low priced deal with higher incentives would be fine for me.

If we're going to sign scrubs, we might as well son the ones who have had success in the past.
    Last edited by MetsFanatic19; 12-20-2012 at 11:09 PM.

vCash
    This guy is a piece of ****. We don't need any more broken washed up players on our team.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast