Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    All for it, if he can stay healthy he is a beast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    For the right price, I don't see why not. He has all the talent you could ask for, he just can't stay healthy. A low priced deal with higher incentives would be fine for me.

If we're going to sign scrubs, we might as well son the ones who have had success in the past.
    He had the talent. It's long gone now. Constant injuries take their toll.

vCash
    Geez, just go after players who aren't already injured. There has to be a friggin outfielder out there that can be had who has two good knees. Enough with the trying to catch lightening in a bottle strategy because it ain't working. Mets + Scrap Heap Players= 4th Place

vCash

Grady Sizemore

Minor league deal let him try to prove he can play. If not nothing lost, probably a good guy for the young guys in the minors to look up to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    What's the point, the Mets need an outfielder for a whole season not a 30 year old coming back from a second microfracture surgery on his left knee. You won't be getting anything close to the player Sizemore was, just pass.
    Blake Griffin missed 1 full year 3 years ago to microfracture surgery, yes his 2nd such surgery he then went on to do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7iH6TLbejk

vCash
    This would be a great signing even if he can't start the season. All we need is for him to look good before the trade deadline and then ship him for more prospects. If he shows even a glimpse of his former self there will be some desperate, injury-riddled team that will pull the trigger for him down the stretch.

vCash
    Same thing with Liriano

vCash

Grady Sizemore

i know we are a few years removed from him being one of the best all around center fielders in baseball...but i cant help but get excited about the prospect of signing him to a minor league deal...it would be a low risk, high reward kind of thing, and in my opinion is something that we should definitely do...if he can be 75 percent of what he used to be he can really be a valuable part of the team going forward...its a no brainer in my opinion, how do you guys feel about him?

vCash
    granted, he is coming off micro fracture surgery and its not guaranteed he'll ever play again at the major league level, but i dont see any huge risk involved here

vCash
    Agreed. Get it done, Sandy!

vCash
    If he will sign a minor league contract, fine. But I have a feeling that some team will give him a lowball major league deal, and he'd be smart to take it.

You do know that he will not be ready to play until some time around mid-season, right? Those who are looking to move him at the deadline have the wrong idea.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    On an incentive based deal I like this signing, if he is healthy Sandy can flip him at the trade dead line for a prospect.

vCash
    This is the best we can do? Sizemore or Abreu? save the money for 2014...run out the scrubs

vCash
    Abreu is washed up. He hasn't been connected to the Mets. One guy on this thread mentioned him, probably with tongue in cheek.

Sizemore, on the other hand, seems to have generated some interest in the Mets FO. If healthy (a very big IF) on a low risk contract, he could certainly be an asset. But, Ranger18, we wouldn't flip him at the deadline because he won't be ready for action until about then. Besides, at his age, a healthy Grady would be someone to keep.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    I'd bet that Sizemore is more washed up than Abreu.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast