Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Grady Sizemore and Other outfield options

@KBurkhardtSNY: Heard the #Mets are very interested in Grady Sizemore. He's coming off microfracture surgery, but I would def take a shot w him.

I know he's nothing but a sideline reporter, so take it with a grain of salt. What do you guys think? I'd say if he comes cheap, which he probably should, then I don't see a problem with it. Isn't he supposed to miss the first few months of the season though?
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    If he was ready from the start of the season, I'd take a chance. But I think he's coming back mid-season so I don't really see the point. I'd rather see what den Dekker can do.

vCash
    This would be the perfect kind of signing for this season IF he was ready for the start of the season. If he was ready on Opening day you plug him in and hope he returns to form from a few years back, if he doesn't its a rebuilding year anyway so no harm no foul.

vCash
    A 1 year incentive laden contract is exactly what Sandy is looking for this season.

vCash
    Under further consideration, I've come to the conclusion that this guy is done. He just can't stay healthy anymore. It's sad because he used to be one of the most exciting players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheKing30 View Post
    A 1 year incentive laden contract is exactly what Sandy is looking for this season.
    Well that's all Sizemore is worth considering he is injured almost all the time.

I mean he has missed 418 games over the last 4 seasons including all of last year.

vCash
    KBurkhardtSNY To answer all the tweets, Sizemore won't be ready till mid-season, and yes, has injury issues...but I'd still roll the dice. Why not?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    KBurkhardtSNY To answer all the tweets, Sizemore won't be ready till mid-season, and yes, has injury issues...but I'd still roll the dice. Why not?
    Sorry to say, but Sizemore is a dead piece. He HAD some great years.

vCash
    Microfracture surgery is a death sentence for any athlete with any sport. Ask Portland Trailblazers fans how Greg Oden came back after the same surgery.

vCash
    What's the point, the Mets need an outfielder for a whole season not a 30 year old coming back from a second microfracture surgery on his left knee. You won't be getting anything close to the player Sizemore was, just pass.

vCash
    I see your Oden and raise you a Carlos Beltran.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I see your Oden and raise you a Carlos Beltran.
    Sizemore played in only 33 games in 2010, 71 games in 2011 and missed the entire 2012 season and now will be lucky to even make it onto the field after the ASB, he's finished. I can understand an athlete wants to do everything in their power to try and come back so they will not have any regrets if they just quit right away but all signs show that his career is finished.

vCash
    I never said I wanted him.
    Just saying that Microfracture is not the death sentence that you think it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Well that's all Sizemore is worth considering he is injured almost all the time.

I mean he has missed 418 games over the last 4 seasons including all of last year.
    Agreed.....btw your sig is hilarious

vCash
    I never said I wanted him.
    Just saying that Microfracture is not the death sentence that you think it is.
    I never said you did, I'm just saying in Sizemore's case he's done. For all of Beltran's knee issues granted he missed games but he never missed an entire season and then the whole first half of the following year. Sizemore's seems more serious.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast