3 27.27%
  • Durant goes for 35

2 18.18%
  • Love is the high scorer

1 9.09%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenG View Post
    I gotta say, I'm kinda confused. Sure, I was as happy as anyone when Barea made that little run, and that deep 3. But why the sudden change with you guys regarding Barea? He has not played any differently than he ussually does....well, yesterday he was more focused on shooting than passing, but that was it. He ussually takes the same nummber of shots, only this time he made a lot of them, and he did it with impecable timing. Why is he suddenly better? What am I missing?
    I haven't seen anyone post much of anything negative about him lately. Last year there was a lot more because he was our primary guard for a good quarter of the season and couldn't defend anyone. Not to mention the other shoot-first types we had on the team.

This season, the main critiques have been particular game criticisms that all players are subject to. Barea isn't an exceptional passer and will often miss open players with better shots. He also has a tendency to force things too much. But the negative also comes with the positive and that is that he is not afraid to shoot, he is a very good 3pt shooter when he gets hot and he carves up defenses like a Christmas ham.

The best way I can simplify it is to say that he is a situational player who is most appreciated when the offense stagnates and we need someone to attack. (It helps when the shots fall - but he didn't worry me by missing those free throws). Also, don't forget that he was a brand new player to us Wolves fans.

vCash
    I gotta say, I'm kinda confused. Sure, I was as happy as anyone when Barea made that little run, and that deep 3. But why the sudden change with you guys regarding Barea? He has not played any differently than he ussually does....well, yesterday he was more focused on shooting than passing, but that was it. He ussually takes the same nummber of shots, only this time he made a lot of them, and he did it with impecable timing. Why is he suddenly better? What am I missing?
    Joan Niesen wrote a nice article about him before yesterdays game explaining why he is performing much better this year as opposed to last:
    http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/12/20/...1&feedID=10354

Maybe this doesn't fully answer your question but I found it an interesting read in regards to Barea.
    "Let me tell you bout' my BESTFRIEND!"

vCash
    Barea is with this girl?

vCash
    Tomorrow's game @ New York starts at 4 pm Eastern time! It's 10 pm my time, I finally get to watch a game like normal people!

vCash
    I think it's at 5 eastern.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    I think it's at 5 eastern.
    You're right, just checked. It's 4pm Minnesota time

vCash
    Um, what are you talking about? Most of us have said, last year, he was being asked to do something he is not capable of doing, and that is being a lead guard. That was why we were so critical. This year, outside a couple games, he is back in his role, where he thrives. Spark scorer/playmaker off the bench.

Part of being a fan is being critical of your players. We have seen it with Love the last few weeks. Barea, when playing a starting PG role, is horrible. But when you shift him to spark off the bench with shooters and cutters around him, and ask him only to score and be a pest, he thrives. That is how he is finally being able to be used, hence the attitude change in us fans.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    Barea is with this girl?
    you didn't know he was with Ms. Puerto Rico? She is so fine dude. In fact, one current Wolf, and an ex-wolf, are with the 2 hottest chicks alive. Guess which ex-puppy I am talking about..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    you didn't know he was with Ms. Puerto Rico? She is so fine dude. In fact, one current Wolf, and an ex-wolf, are with the 2 hottest chicks alive. Guess which ex-puppy I am talking about..
    "Shoot it" Wayne Ellington. How he landed her is beyond me.

http://www.athleteswives.com/wp-cont...Altschuler.jpg

vCash
    I recall someone being called "that girl's boyfriend" in that timbertrolls video.

Oh I found it. Wow Wes Johnson really is a dumb one! Couldn't he marry a highschool sweetheart or something? Jesus!

vCash
    "Call me Rock God" pulled that?? Whaaat? I've seen hotter, but Wesley? I need to smile more, I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thechom80 View Post
    "Call me Rock God" pulled that?? Whaaat? I've seen hotter, but Wesley? I need to smile more, I guess.
    He knocked up a a groupie LOL If he still thinks he's got a reason to smile, he really is dumb...

vCash
    Performance. Less turnovers, and a higher shooting percentage have a lot to do with it...and yes, Balkis has a lot to do with it too. When someone baits you with things like "we should build the team around JJ, and let Love walk," don't expect a positive response to that...but what it comes down to, is performance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Marko Jaric?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011