Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Assists? No, he's doing his part to make this team better....whether the assists prove it or not. Assists are extremely overrated in his situation. To say he doesn't make guys better is to say Shaq didn't make guys better. Career low in assists, while people are saying he's at his most unselfish.

Rebounds, not really concerned, but I know he could do better. But he is battling down low and boxing out...doing the hard work allowing guys like Chandler or the guards a better chance at the rebound. But, whatever

vCash
    This is what I love about Melo, everyone else is talking about MVP and he is just focused on winning. Clearly he can put a bigger effort in rebounding, but he is concerned with carrying this team offensively. Clearly he can demand the ball more an dribble around to get his assists up, but he is letting the play makers like Kidd and Felton make plays. We are winning because the roles are clearly defined.

vCash
    I agree I wanna see him board more but as for the assists, he would get more if we didn't have 3 point guards that are all legitimately excellent passers. Durant is the 2nd primary ball handler on his team, Kobe is 1st, Lebron is 1st, Melo is what 3rd? Those other guys don't have pass 1st point guards so they do basically ALL of the ball handling. Kobe's assists will go down when nash returns...book it. Lebron is Lebron, he can maintain that level forever. And durant, well i dont think he'd be averaging 4 assists if harden was still there because he'd be taking the ball out of durants hands

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    As long as we win, he could average 35/1/1

vCash
    Yeah with Melo playing the 4, I expected him to board less. He lost 15 pounds b4 this season so he's normally going against players anywhere from 20 to 50 pounds heavier so he's focusing more on boxn out. If he was still playn SF he wud prolly be round 7.5 but with the extra boxing out, that's down a little. With that said, that's why Kidd and JR and grabn boards. Brewer is the one that shud be much higher

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

vCash
    nothing about melo concern me this season. dude is ballin
    We Rep The City! Not A Borough.
    True New Yorkers Wear Orange And Blue

vCash
    no. his assists are down because he is dominating the ball less and the rebounds are down because he is shooting the ball better.

vCash
    He's passin when he should.. Not just because its the thing to do.

If that makes any sense.

Its like when Marbury used to get 10 assists at the half and then stop dishing.. 'Melo is playing the right way.

vCash
    His rebounding is down because he's not missing as many open shots at the rim, then grabbing his own rebound..

I don't know if there is any statistical credence to that, but just a theory.

vCash
    He plays small as a 4, so that explains the boards. As far as the assists go, he's a ballhog, we all know that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    He plays small as a 4, so that explains the boards. As far as the assists go, he's a ballhog, we all know that.

It's just sad when people say that. Whether it's analysts on tv, or fans.... it just shows a lack of knowledge of the game, and an over reliance on stat sheets.

I could argue that Carmelo's hockey assists from drawing doubles and quickly moving the ball, makes him a better playmaker than Lebron who has to dominate the ball every possession to be relevant in the offense. Dribble dribble dribble, to find an opening and to draw defenders. That's not good for a pg to do, definitely not for a sf/pf. It makes your pg less important, and makes him uninvolved unless he can shoot a spot up shot. And slows down the offense.

These 3s are coming from Melo...whether he gets assists or not.

vCash
    only stat i care about is the w but the team overall could rebound better but our shooting and not turning over the ball takes care of that
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Not at all. If Melo isnt getting the rebounds and the assists, that means Kidd, Chandler, JR, Felton, etc are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Busta View Post
    It's just sad when people say that. Whether it's analysts on tv, or fans.... it just shows a lack of knowledge of the game, and an over reliance on stat sheets.

I could argue that Carmelo's hockey assists from drawing doubles and quickly moving the ball, makes him a better playmaker than Lebron who has to dominate the ball every possession to be relevant in the offense. Dribble dribble dribble, to find an opening and to draw defenders. That's not good for a pg to do, definitely not for a sf/pf. It makes your pg less important, and makes him uninvolved unless he can shoot a spot up shot. And slows down the offense.

These 3s are coming from Melo...whether he gets assists or not.
    Agree for the most part... he needs to kick out more on the double/triple teams and not force it in there.. but I agree with you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic87 View Post
    This is what I love about Melo, everyone else is talking about MVP and he is just focused on winning. Clearly he can put a bigger effort in rebounding, but he is concerned with carrying this team offensively. Clearly he can demand the ball more an dribble around to get his assists up, but he is letting the play makers like Kidd and Felton make plays. We are winning because the roles are clearly defined.
    This post is right on the money. The major difference between this year and last year is the personnel surrounding Melo, which overall compliments his game better than the players surrounding him last year.

He isn't forced to play a point forward role, instead he's back to his more natural scoring role and letting the game come to him this year.

If these Knicks know whats good for them, they'll eventually start performing a 3/4 or 4/5 pick and roll between Stat and Melo. I think Melo's passing abilities are sublime, and I still can't understand for the life of me after 2 years together why Stat and Melo don't work that PnR together. That would be an unstoppable duo with many options to play with out of the pick and roll at the top of the key or on the elbow regions.

Anyway Melo could be averaging 4 rebounds and 0 assist up to this point. As long as we're winning consistently, who cares.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast