Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Rose is 23, and has to be the scorer on his team.

I would go with

1A. CP3
    1B. DRose (they could be interchanged)
    3. Deron
    4. Rondo
    5. Irving (coming on fast)
    Deron over Rondo?? Not this year:

Rondo - 13.8 PPG, 12.3 APG, 5 RPG, 2 SPG, 52%FG
    Deron - 16.8 PPG, 8.2 APG, 3 RPG, 1 SPG, 40%FG

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    this is really just an opinion, it about what offence there running and supporting cast. you can be on a bad team with decent jump shooters and have good assist, you can have low assist but still have better supporting cast they get point with our with out you

that is why comparisons of players that are basicly top 10 players can go either way. stats dont really tell you much because each coach ask there players to do different things. high steals can mean more gambles and getting there big man into foul trouble. maybe rose wont do that and rondo will.

rondo has big rebound numbers which may mean he is leaving his man open if he dont get rebound easy fast break.

just judge how important each are to there team success and go by that

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    I think when people say that Rondo is a better PG than CP3, they are talking about "pure" point guard.

I will always stand by the fact that Stockton was the best "pure" point guard in the NBA. For the traditional role that PGs are expected, nobody fills that role better than Stockton. That said, Magic and the Big O are both better all-arond players than Stockton. So if I were making a list of 50 greatest players ever, Magic and The Big O would both be ahead of Stockton, but if I was making a list of the best PGs, Stockton would be at the top of my list.

With that said, I can understand how some people say Rondo is the best "PG". I mean, if it was up to me, I'd take CP3 over Rondo all day every day regardless of what the rest of the roster looks like, because I know CP3's game is complete and he can excel in any situation. I think he and Rondo are equals when it comes to passing, defending and driving to the cup, but CP3 is CLEARLY the better shooter and is more 'together' than rondo. For example, no way Rondo goes off on Humph and gets ejected from that game. Wouldn't happen. I like Rondo's passion, but it hurts his team sometimes. And though his jump shot has improved, CP3 is still the better shooter, even if Rondo has a higher FG% (Cp3 has a much higher 3pt%).

So yeah...I can understand how some people might say that Rondo is a better "PG", but I wouldn't understand if they said he was a better player. Rondo does get more assists, and the two are equals on defence, so some might see the fact that Rondo gets more assists as being a better "PG".
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    how many finals appearances and championships does chris paul have
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Bryant
    "You don't want Rondo? Send him my way," Kobe declared. "I love everything about him. Everything. I love his attitude, I love his chippiness, his edge, his intellect, his know-it-allness. All of it. That's what makes championship players.

vCash
    I would have never thought someone would even think Rondo is better than Chris Paul.

vCash
    This is not an argument on my part... but can you imagine if Rondo had Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan to throw oops to all the time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    Look at what happened to the clippers when they added him. if CP3 was on the bulls they would probably be better than the heat and actually win a ring with the roster they have now.
    You do realize bulls had back to back best record in the league right? That's with rose, not cp3.

vCash
    i never thought he was the best pg in the league. maybe most creative or best passing pg but as an overall player he's never been the best. he is however absolutely top 5

Atlantic City Redraft Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spimtrap View Post
    I would have never thought someone would even think Rondo is better than Chris Paul.
    Welcome to PSD, where rings somehow translate to individual ability and advanced stats are completely irrelevant and just for nerds..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    http://www.rufusonfire.com/2012/2/7/...ating-a-primer
    Its from last year but it does well enough Debunking the mith
    CP3 is a better PG than Rondo.
    CP3 is a better PG than Rose.

I would prefer to have Rose on the Bulls based on what the team needs. Rose is equal to Paul as a PLAYER. That is my opinion.

The reason I quoted the post above is that I find it funny. You "fixed" someone else's post putting Westbrook as equal to Rose as a PG. Then you use PPR as a measure and post an article that has Westbrook at the bottom and Rose in the top 10.

You are trying to prove one point and it ends up making your other point look ridiculous. Just funny.

vCash
    How has no one commented on the hilariously ironic, repeated misuse of the word "literately"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimKid View Post
    Welcome to PSD, where rings somehow translate to individual ability and advanced stats are completely irrelevant and just for nerds..

Totally false.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Rose is 23, and has to be the scorer on his team.

I would go with

1A. CP3
    1B. DRose (they could be interchanged)
    3. Deron
    4. Rondo
    5. Irving (coming on fast)
    Deron over Tony Parker and Rondo?

Sorry, but we're not grading on PG play from 3 years ago....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHawk1123 View Post
    I feel like there is a thread bashing Rondo like every couple weeks... You either love him or hate him...

He's top 5.
    Is there a third option?

vCash
    chris paul may be the best for now, rondo is the future...and to the guy that said rose is better then both of them SMFH

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast