Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leadoff Thread!

vCash
    I like Eihier batting 2nd, he always seems to go on a tear if he is in the 2 or 3 spot.
    Hanley
    Ethier
    A Gone
    Kemp
    Crawford
    Cruz
    Ellis
    AJ Ellis

vCash
    All are bad choices as lead off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    I like Eihier batting 2nd, he always seems to go on a tear if he is in the 2 or 3 spot.
    Hanley
    Ethier
    A Gone
    Kemp
    Crawford
    Cruz
    Ellis
    AJ Ellis
    To me, it seems like ethier goes on a tear when he is batting right handed pitchers..

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Dee gordan I would say is the fastest but doesn't necessarily mean he is the best candidate to lead off.. He wasn't hitting the ball last year.. If he hits at least 270-280 and gets an OBP of .330 then it would be a different story.. Carl crawford could hit leadoff but is most effective hitting #2.. AJ ellis could do it, he is a good hitter.. I guess there really isn't any PURE leadoff hitters on the team.. If dodgers trade ethier they should go after bourne, he would be the leadoff hitter.

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FGFYC View Post
    This.

Donnie said Crawford will bat 2nd, so you basically have M. Ellis. So unless things change Ellis is our guy, which is why every option currently is a bad option. I love Dre, but if you can trade him and bring in Bourne that is the smartest play for our team.

vCash
    If Ned isn't able to make a move for a lead off hitter, and we have to go with what we have on are roster. I would give Gordon a chance. He's still a young raw player. I thought the pressure of of being the starting ss hurt hm last season. I think he'll continue to improve his fielding and hitting. I think he's capable of hitting between 260-280 obp around 330. And stealing 50 to 70 bases. He was the Dodgers top prospected few seasons ago, and didn't do to bad a couple of seasons ago when he was called up to play the remainder of the season after Furcal was trade to the Cards. He played well enough that the dodgers gave him the job the next season. I think he'll be fine in that role. Of coarse if Ned doesn't trade him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyblu View Post
    I say we try to pry Emilio Bonafacio from the Jays with Reyes, Izturis, and Lawrie they have a logjam at 3rd/SS and Bonifacio is looking like he will be a backup OF (or at least that's how he's listed on their roster. Leadoff hitter + 3rd baseman seems like a perfect fit to me especially considering he is entering his prime years and we would probably only have to give up a 2nd tier prospect or possibly one of our extra pitchers.
    I mentioned Bonifacio in another thread and agree with you he would fill the leadoff role just fine. He can also play the outfield giving Ethier and Crawford days off against tough lefties.

I dont think any moves will be made to bring in a leadoff hitter. I think Mark Ellis is it, however of the inhous options A.J. Ellis makes the most sense based on his obp.

vCash
    Don mattingly on 570am yesterday Crawford would bat 2nd after hearing about crawfords problems in that role. And that the leadoff spot concerns him.

vCash
    Heres the tweet

Don Mattingly said on Dodger Talk that he is leaning toward Carl Crawford batting 2nd, and is "concerned" about the leadoff spot. -- Eric Stephen (@truebluela)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    AJ was our third best hitter last season, behind Kemp and Ethier. He should bat 2nd.
    .270, 13 HR's, 58 RBI's.

That was our third best hitter? No wonder we sucked
    "... ever noticed how you come across somebody once in a while that you shouldn't have ****ed with? - that's me."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyblu View Post
    I say we try to pry Emilio Bonafacio from the Jays with Reyes, Izturis, and Lawrie they have a logjam at 3rd/SS and Bonifacio is looking like he will be a backup OF (or at least that's how he's listed on their roster. Leadoff hitter + 3rd baseman seems like a perfect fit to me especially considering he is entering his prime years and we would probably only have to give up a 2nd tier prospect or possibly one of our extra pitchers.
    This sounds like a great idea! A utility leadoff guy would be perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by fulltiltdodger View Post
    I would go with Aj Ellis as our leadoff hitter.
    Honestly this a great idea, he would thrive in the role! AJ has a high OBP and takes a lot of pitches. He isn't fast but doesn't clog the bases either.

Quote Originally Posted by FGFYC View Post
    I agree with this most. I love Ethier, but trading him and signing Bourne would probably be the best case scenario. The Leadoff hitter is very important. I do think Hanley may thrive in that role too, he always has. AJ Ellis actually seems ideal but I can't see them doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by DLCK View Post
    Don mattingly on 570am yesterday Crawford would bat 2nd after hearing about crawfords problems in that role. And that the leadoff spot concerns him.
    WOW! What a great time to start a thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    .270, 13 HR's, 58 RBI's.

That was our third best hitter? No wonder we sucked
    It's not just that... Look at his OBP%
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    As much as I like AJ, slotting him leadoff - in front of Crawford - is a bad idea. Also, putting two of our most run-productive bats in the 1 & 2 spots, not great either.

Hanley, Dre, Crawford & AJ are all good or great options to bat 2nd. CC would be a great leadoff hitter if he could get past the mental block. Going outside of our organization is the best option, but until then it's Carl Crawford.
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    1. gordan makes sense if he is ready
    2. acquiring Bourne and trading Either makes sense too

the question is what what or who would we get form Either---but wow look at the speed that would bring to the team. Pitching, defense and speed are all things which you can count on. add a some hitting with a little power and they will be fun to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by old blue View Post
    1. gordan makes sense if he is ready
    2. acquiring Bourne and trading Either makes sense too

the question is what what or who would we get form Either---but wow look at the speed that would bring to the team. Pitching, defense and speed are all things which you can count on. add a some hitting with a little power and they will be fun to watch
    I would've suggested Gordon too, but I'm not sure how comfortable the FO is with heading into ST with him as our only option, especially considering we'd have to move Hanley to 3rd to do it. I'm not saying to succumb to Hanley's ego, but if we're moving him to 3rd I think he should be sold on it, and I think it should be for someone who's proven so we're not asking Hanley to move back a month or two.

I agree, we need to see what we can get for Dre. I don't want to move him, but he is our most valuable and expendable trading chip when considering what's on the free agent market.

If trading Dre can net us Chris Perez, Asdrubal Cabrera, and Michael Bourn I don't see how we could turn it down.
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast