Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Leadoff Thread!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homerfan102 View Post
    If Gordon is not the starting SS for the Dodgers, he will be at AAA. He needs to play everday to continue to develop. Sitting on the bench and pinch running a couple a days a week does him no good at all. He is not a late inning defensive replacement.

As far as a leadoff hitter goes we need someone who will get on base, with Kemp, Agon, Hanley and Ethier hitting behind them. If A.J. could continue to have a .370 obp I would say have him hit leadoff, Jason Kendall was a catcher who hit leadoff for years. You don't have to be fast, you just have to be on base for the big boys.
    Jason Kendall isn't the greatest example of a slow leadoff hitter. In fact, he was quite fast in his first 4-5 big league seasons and consistently had OBPs of near or over .400.

He averaged over 20 steals a year in his first 4 full seasons and when his speed began diminishing, he was still fast enough with a high enough OBP that it didn't matter.

Another reason for having a fast leadoff hitter is that he helps the heart of the order see fastballs. If AJ is blocking CC, we'll have a lot problems on the base paths.
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    dee should be good this year and will benefit greatly with a little tutelage from big mac here is an update from winter league.
    "The 2012 season was not one to remember for Dodgers and Isotopes shortstop Dee Gordon.

From a thumb injury to a woeful .228/.280/.281 batting line in Los Angeles, Gordon went from the Dodgers' shortstop of the future to a major question mark.

As many players have done before him, Gordon headed south to the Dominican Republic to play winter ball and get himself back on track.

So far, from an offensive standpoint, so good, as Gordon has hit .292/.373/.448 for the Licey Tigers in Santo Domingo.

He went 0-for-3 on Sunday in a 6-4 win over Escogido, but Gordon drew two walks and scored two runs. All told, he has 10 walks versus 18 strikeouts to help account for his solid on-base percentage.

Gordon has 28 hits, 16 runs scored, six triples, 11 RBI and has stolen nine bases in 15 attempts.

On the downside, he has nine errors, mostly caused by reported throwing problems. Gordon has long been capable of making the spectacular play because of his speed, range and arm strength, but he has struggled with the routine plays in Albuquerque and Los Angeles.

Still, Gordon's numbers at the plate have been encouraging, and the Dodgers will surely hope that he has regained the form he showed with the Isotopes back in 2011"
    Go dodgers!!!!
    LAKERS
    Go dolphins!!!!
    Go Flyers!!!!!
    I would give her a ball maybe two!!!!!!!!

vCash
    I really don't like Crawford hitting #2 because almost every non Mark Ellis option is left handed. If Gordon rips it up in Spring Training I can't see how they don't give him the job. If we do trade for Ethier and sign Bourn he is a lefty as well. We'd be stacked with lefties at the top with LH, Crawford, Kemp, Gonzo. The opponent could easily bring in a dominant lefty walk Kemp and go lefty/lefty. That's why I kinda like the idea of giving Hanley a shot. The team has enough bats to go righty/lefty most of the way through.

vCash
    I don't think Gordon will get the lead off spot, even if he does well in spring training. I think it'll be

Crawford
    AJ Ellis

With Gordon batting 8th.

baseball

vCash
    If Gordon earns a spot, more than likely will be hitting leadoff, as he should

vCash
    That's what I think too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234