Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leadoff Thread!

vCash

Leadoff Thread!

It seems obvious that Carl Crawford will be the leadoff hitter. ESPN projects Mark Ellis like last year. I don't think either is a great leadoff hitter and are FAR better hitting lower in the order. Ellis #2 and Crawford #7 would be ideal IMO. Is there anyone out there that the team could get to leadoff? Is there a better option on the roster to leadoff? I'll bring up 2 internal options that might be a little surprising. I think 1 makes a lot of sense. Matt Kemp(not really), but Hanley Ramirez. I can see him doing better in the role than Crawford or Eillis.

My preference would be to find someone else. If Gordon could be that guy that would be perfect! I don't see the team going with him as the everyday SS and leadoff hitter. Are there any options in Free Agency that can leadoff? I don't see any. Any creative moves...like trading Ethier and signing Bourne? Any other trades for a leadoff hitter that anyone can think of? I think if this team has a flaw it's at the top of the order.

vCash
    Han Ram leading off!

Crawford can hit behind Ethier.

Han Ram
    Ellis
    Kemp
    A Gon
    Ethier
    Crawford
    Cruz
    A.J

vCash
    no HanRam shouldnt be leading off. he can drive in 80-100 runs. if he leads of he will get 50-70 because basically Ellis and the pitcher would have to be on base for him to drive them in. Hanley should be batting 5th or 2nd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    no HanRam shouldnt be leading off. he can drive in 80-100 runs. if he leads of he will get 50-70 because basically Ellis and the pitcher would have to be on base for him to drive them in. Hanley should be batting 5th or 2nd.
    So could Crawford

If Hanley he scores runs, then it doesn't matter, they even out.

Say he gets 110 runs leading off and about 70 RBI"s, that's 180, if he's 5/6, he may get 80-80/90 so you get the same net runs either way.

The question is, will he get on? Does he average go up? Does he make those behind him better.

When he was leadoff with the marlins, he got 59, 81 and 67 rbi's, and 119, 125 and 125 runs.

he may be a better leadoff guy than middle of the order guy.

Edit: He is

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...reer&t=b#lineu

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    So could Crawford

If Hanley he scores runs, then it doesn't matter, they even out.

Say he gets 110 runs leading off and about 70 RBI"s, that's 180, if he's 5/6, he may get 80-80/90 so you get the same net runs either way.

The question is, will he get on? Does he average go up? Does he make those behind him better.

When he was leadoff with the marlins, he got 59, 81 and 67 rbi's, and 119, 125 and 125 runs.

he may be a better leadoff guy than middle of the order guy.

Edit: He is

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...reer&t=b#lineu
    This is the main reason I made this thread. Could rejuvenate his career!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Driving in 80-100 runs is a moot point if said player is batting .260.

Anyway, Ramirez leading off would be terrible. Why? .322 OBP last season. That's not ideal for your lead off hitter.

vCash
    I say we try to pry Emilio Bonafacio from the Jays with Reyes, Izturis, and Lawrie they have a logjam at 3rd/SS and Bonifacio is looking like he will be a backup OF (or at least that's how he's listed on their roster. Leadoff hitter + 3rd baseman seems like a perfect fit to me especially considering he is entering his prime years and we would probably only have to give up a 2nd tier prospect or possibly one of our extra pitchers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The 6-4-3 View Post
    Han Ram leading off!

Crawford can hit behind Ethier.

Han Ram
    Ellis
    Kemp
    A Gon
    Ethier
    Crawford
    Cruz
    A.J
    No he can not, they are both horrible vs lefties, why don't we put shumaker after them, that way any ****** loogy can come in and strike out the side.

vCash
    Lineup next year:

Crawford - LF
    Ellis - 2B
    Gonzalez - 1B
    Kemp - CF
    Hanley - SS
    Ethier - RF
    Cruz - 3B
    Ellis - C

That makes the most logical sense(splitting up RH/LH, spread power through out the lineup).
    "... ever noticed how you come across somebody once in a while that you shouldn't have ****ed with? - that's me."

vCash
    I personally would like to see Dee Gordon get another chance. If Crawford comes back like I think he will and he bats 2nd I can see Dee getting a lot of fastballs instead of pitchers risking walking him.

vCash
    I think dee is better than mark ellis, the stats prove it give him and his speed a chance. Move cruz over to 2nd and let the youth play, mark ellis has been good to mediocre his entire career, gordon just had an off year he was beast the year before and is 11 years younger. This lends one to believe he has a higher ceiling than a 34 yo on the decline.
    Go dodgers!!!!
    LAKERS
    Go dolphins!!!!
    Go Flyers!!!!!
    I would give her a ball maybe two!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Carl.Crawford /thread...

Carl Crawford LF
    Luis Cruz 3B
    Matt Kemp CF
    Adrian Gonzalez 1B
    Hanley Ramirez SS
    Andre Ethier RF
    AJ Ellis C
    Mark Ellis 2B
    Pitcher

vCash
    smh at AJ batting 7th.

AJ should at least be batting 2nd behind Crawford.

vCash
    AJ was our third best hitter last season, behind Kemp and Ethier. He should bat 2nd.

vCash
    I would go with Aj Ellis as our leadoff hitter.
    Last edited by fulltiltdodger; 12-20-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: highest on base% on the team

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast