Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 123
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,539
    vCash
    1428
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Hasn't he already said that he wants to make more than Sanchez and be the starter?
    That was media, and not Vick.

    However, other media has also said that Vick will probably have to except a deal paying him between $2-5M for a couple of years.

    Vick, himself, has been quiet about this, as he is still a member of the eagles.


  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,094
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    You say that it's a stupid question to mention finding a Brady, Manning or Rodgers in FA.

    To be precise your statement was ,"...QBs of this caliber won't hit Free Agency."

    There's 2 ways to take that, I'm going with the antagonistic way, because of the set-up to your response.

    Maybe a QB like that won't hit FA this year, BUT you'd be a fool to think it doesn't happen at all, just look at Denver's roster this year for proof.

    You say Michael Vick has lost explosiveness, then point out Matt Moore.
    Michael Vick at 50% explosiveness is still 100% more explosive than Matt Moore.

    Matt Moore has thrown for 131 yds this year, with a grand total of -3 yds rushing.

    Yes, Vick has lost explosiveness, but to use Matt Moore as your go to?
    No thanks.

    As far as not mentioning Flacco, I didn't bother adding him to the FA list, because I don't think he leaves Balt, but if he should then he would shoot to the top. Doubtful, it happens though.
    I said finding a Manning, Rodgers, or Brady in FA isn't going to happen because the only way players of that caliber hit free agency is because of a major injury. If Manning didn't injure his neck, do you think he is the QB for Denver right now?

    Of course Vick is more explosive than Matt Moore. I agreed with you that Vick is by far the best athlete at QB that is going to hit free agency. There are only a couple of reasons why I favor Moore over Vick. The first is that Moore's price tag will be much lower. No team will be willing to give Moore a big contract where as some team might overpay for Vick. The second reason is that Vick is beyond fragile. He has always been injury prone and now with all of the concussions, he is more likely to miss a significant portion of the season.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    Posts
    54,870
    vCash
    1500
    Pettine is reportedly the leak in the organization for a number of NYDN stories. Can't find a good link, but Francessa was blasting him for it and a few people are talking about it on other forums. Usually I'm the guy asking for proof, but I believe this 100%. It makes sense for a bunch of different "unnamed sources" articles this year, especially the one about Rex wanting the offense overhauled, as only a defensive guy would leak something like that. If he is the leak, I would be shocked if he's back.


    Jets badly need a young OC, and unfortunately, they'll now need a younger DC who won't be calling plays, as I'm guessing Rex will be doing that full time again.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,539
    vCash
    1428
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    I said finding a Manning, Rodgers, or Brady in FA isn't going to happen because the only way players of that caliber hit free agency is because of a major injury. If Manning didn't injure his neck, do you think he is the QB for Denver right now?
    Stupid question, because this isn't about whether or not he was injured, fact is Manning was an acquirable FA and is QBing Denver.

    Of course Vick is more explosive than Matt Moore. I agreed with you that Vick is by far the best athlete at QB that is going to hit free agency. There are only a couple of reasons why I favor Moore over Vick. The first is that Moore's price tag will be much lower.
    No team will be willing to give Moore a big contract where as some team might overpay for Vick. The second reason is that Vick is beyond fragile. He has always been injury prone and now with all of the concussions, he is more likely to miss a significant portion of the season.
    Let me say that I'm in favor of Vick as long as no bidding war escalates, but IMO Matt Moore sucks so bad he should come with a refund policy.

    If Matt Moore comes to the Jets, he should wear #6, as no one will tell the difference between he and Sanchez's QBing skills.

    But as for your take on Matt Moore, what would your expectations of him be? Do you think the Jets would be competitive with him, or are would you bring in Moore to tank the season and rebuild entirely.


  5. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    That was media, and not Vick.

    However, other media has also said that Vick will probably have to except a deal paying him between $2-5M for a couple of years.

    Vick, himself, has been quiet about this, as he is still a member of the eagles.
    Ah, the media. Was it an un-named source?

    I still don't want Vick.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    I'm with Magoo - a big no to Vick. But there aren't all that many options out there. I think it's Alex Smith or bust.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,094
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Let me say that I'm in favor of Vick as long as no bidding war escalates, but IMO Matt Moore sucks so bad he should come with a refund policy.

    If Matt Moore comes to the Jets, he should wear #6, as no one will tell the difference between he and Sanchez's QBing skills.

    But as for your take on Matt Moore, what would your expectations of him be? Do you think the Jets would be competitive with him, or are would you bring in Moore to tank the season and rebuild entirely.
    My expectations for Moore would be for him to not turn the ball over constantly. Basically, I would expect him to not lose the game and to make a big throw every now and again. I would bring him in to be a stop gap, which allows a QB that gets drafted in the middle rounds to have time to learn and develop. I would prefer Alex Smith over Moore as the stop gap, but I'm not giving up any picks for a stop gap QB.

    If the Jets did sign Vick, his contract should have little guaranteed money. I would put most of the money in incentives like making the playoffs and number of games started. I'm just worried that if the Jets signed Vick, he would get knocked out for the season before week 4.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    My expectations for Moore would be for him to not turn the ball over constantly. Basically, I would expect him to not lose the game and to make a big throw every now and again. I would bring him in to be a stop gap, which allows a QB that gets drafted in the middle rounds to have time to learn and develop. I would prefer Alex Smith over Moore as the stop gap, but I'm not giving up any picks for a stop gap QB.

    If the Jets did sign Vick, his contract should have little guaranteed money. I would put most of the money in incentives like making the playoffs and number of games started. I'm just worried that if the Jets signed Vick, he would get knocked out for the season before week 4.
    There is no way the Jets can afford Smith and Sanchez, and there is no way the 49ers would do a contract swap.

    Smith will have suitors if he's cut who will be willing to pay him starter money.

    A name that I heard yesterday on SNY is Fitzpatrick. I just don't think he's an upgrade over Sanchez, but he might be more affordable than Vick and Smith.

    My guess is that Matt Moore will be brought in to compete with Sanchez. Stanton would be an interesting option, but he'll bever come back here IMO, and while I like Garrard's talent, he's gotten brittle.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    31
    vCash
    1500
    this thread is a joke. Im a huge jets fan. This is easy. We have so many holes on
    our team we should trade down in the draft try to acquire extra second round picks. Id draft an Oline in the First Round (G Chance Warmack Alabama). Sign a tackle to take over for Howard (David Diehl Giants will cut). Second Round draft either Giovanni Benard or Montee Ball (Both are very explosive). If they do trade down for another second rounder draft QB Landry Jones. We wont have alot of money so I'd let Dustin Keller go being that i think we have to resign Brandon Moore who is more important than Keller.Cut or let leave via free agency Greene, Pace, Scott, Slauson, Tebow, Sanchez. Try and resign L.landry and Brandon Moore. Sign Matt Moore. Look at his Stats when he has been given the chance. Completes about 60% of his passes. Would be very good with this oline. Draft a Tight end in the Third round that can backup Cumberland and Block.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    31
    vCash
    1500
    QB Matt Moore DE Coples
    RB Gio Benard or Montee Ball NT Pouha
    WR Holmes DE Wilkerson
    WR Edwards OLB Free Agent( Bring Pace back on a Lower contract)
    WR Kerley ILB Harris
    TE Cumberland ILB Damario Davis
    RT Diehl OLB McIntyre (playing very well)
    G Moore CB Revis
    C Mangold FS Bush
    G Warmack SS Landry
    LT Fergerson CB Cromartie K Novak P Malone
    PR Kerley KR Mcknight

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by agonz1439 View Post
    this thread is a joke. Im a huge jets fan. This is easy. We have so many holes on
    our team we should trade down in the draft try to acquire extra second round picks. Id draft an Oline in the First Round (G Chance Warmack Alabama). Sign a tackle to take over for Howard (David Diehl Giants will cut). Second Round draft either Giovanni Benard or Montee Ball (Both are very explosive). If they do trade down for another second rounder draft QB Landry Jones. We wont have alot of money so I'd let Dustin Keller go being that i think we have to resign Brandon Moore who is more important than Keller.Cut or let leave via free agency Greene, Pace, Scott, Slauson, Tebow, Sanchez. Try and resign L.landry and Brandon Moore. Sign Matt Moore. Look at his Stats when he has been given the chance. Completes about 60% of his passes. Would be very good with this oline. Draft a Tight end in the Third round that can backup Cumberland and Block.
    How huge are you?


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    15,017
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post
    Pettine is reportedly the leak in the organization for a number of NYDN stories. Can't find a good link, but Francessa was blasting him for it and a few people are talking about it on other forums. Usually I'm the guy asking for proof, but I believe this 100%. It makes sense for a bunch of different "unnamed sources" articles this year, especially the one about Rex wanting the offense overhauled, as only a defensive guy would leak something like that. If he is the leak, I would be shocked if he's back.


    Jets badly need a young OC, and unfortunately, they'll now need a younger DC who won't be calling plays, as I'm guessing Rex will be doing that full time again.
    I was listening to WFAN yesterday too jetsfan28 and I heard that too. I also believe that is why he hasn't agreed to an extension; I can't believe if Rex was coming back he wouldn't want to.

    And Magoo, I am "intrigued" by the possibility of Ryan Fitzpatrick. I don't think he is as bad as many people I know in Western NY make him out to be.

    As for what happens next year and beyond, I am content with a "retooling" job if it is done the right way. The Jets don't need to do this crap like they have in the past with guys like Bart Scott and Calvin Pace, "Hey, let's lower your salary this year for a full guarantee next year." Let's get rid of the garbage-- Scott, Pace, Eric Smith, Jason Smith, Tim Tebow--- get our cap in better shape for the future, and make smart, efficient FA Signings and by all means, draft A LOT better!
    Last edited by ccugrad1; 12-29-2012 at 04:52 AM.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Meow
    Posts
    30,897
    vCash
    1500
    Ron Rivera for DC. Reports are that he won't be back with the Panthers. He was an awesome defensive coordinator for both the Bears and the Chargers when he was with them.

    I don't see how Pettine comes back.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by agonz1439 View Post
    this thread is a joke. Im a huge jets fan. This is easy. We have so many holes on
    our team we should trade down in the draft try to acquire extra second round picks. Id draft an Oline in the First Round (G Chance Warmack Alabama). Sign a tackle to take over for Howard (David Diehl Giants will cut). Second Round draft either Giovanni Benard or Montee Ball (Both are very explosive). If they do trade down for another second rounder draft QB Landry Jones. We wont have alot of money so I'd let Dustin Keller go being that i think we have to resign Brandon Moore who is more important than Keller.Cut or let leave via free agency Greene, Pace, Scott, Slauson, Tebow, Sanchez. Try and resign L.landry and Brandon Moore. Sign Matt Moore. Look at his Stats when he has been given the chance. Completes about 60% of his passes. Would be very good with this oline. Draft a Tight end in the Third round that can backup Cumberland and Block.
    Is it a joke because no one agrees with your infallible logic? Give us a break.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brandon, FL
    Posts
    197
    vCash
    1500
    Let the offseason fun begin. First the front office. Seems like a new GM and two new coordinators, hourly Rex is back. Personnel wise its clear where our holes are, QB RB OL LB S. We also need to add depth around the entire team. Maybe under new coordinators our youth stats performing better we have some guys who have shown flashes, McKnight Powell McIntyre Allen Davis Coples& Ellis to name some. Jets aren't as bad off as it seems sometimes.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •