Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mays217 View Post
    I say a guy like Hasselbeck with the assumption that he's ready to accept being a backup, but still very much competitive to come in, if needed, for a game or so. A guy that exemplifies what it takes to be a professional in the league.
    You think that Vick is a guy you want helping mold and mentor a young QB. Is he helping Nick Foles right now? Who knows, but I highly doubt it.
    That's called "biased speculation" and that is not a fact.
    And that kind of speculation leads no where.

I know Matt Schaub didn't appreciate Vick's work ethic when they were in Atlanta.
    So a back at the time Schaub, was upset that Vick returned to the NFL and took his spot. And that's what you have.
    Donovan McNabb gave credit to Michael Vick's work ethic in Philly.

As far as what QB to draft. Who knows? I know we don't. Sure we hear Geno Smith will be the first QB taken, who knows how early? Chiefs? Obviously no Jets fan wants to touch Matt Barkley or any other USC QB. Who does that leave? A bunch of unknowns

Mike Glennon NC State. Thats my pick if you want a name. I say 2nd round pick, unless we trade up for a late round first.
    Unfortunately, I'm not impressed with your selection of Glennon, because I've already stated he is one of the names that the Jets SHOULD look into.

I guess I was hoping for more than someone I've previously mentioned but whatever.

I like Glennon, but to declare him starter day 1 is suspect.

Let's be clear, Glennon is not RGIII or Andrew Luck, and he'll need to ride the pine at least to start the season, which means you'd have Matt Hasselbeck start the year.

No thanks, I'd rather be competitive with a shot at the unknown, than sink and hope for a floatation device.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm not impressed with your selection of Glennon, because I've already stated he is one of the names that the Jets SHOULD look into.

I guess I was hoping for more than someone I've previously mentioned but whatever.

I like Glennon, but to declare him starter day 1 is suspect.

Let's be clear, Glennon is not RGIII or Andrew Luck, and he'll need to ride the pine at least to start the season, which means you'd have Matt Hasselbeck start the year.

No thanks, I'd rather be competitive with a shot at the unknown, than sink and hope for a floatation device.

Hey that's totally my bad man, I apologize for not scouring through hundreds of threads and comments to see which QB you mentioned.

I just thought it'd be nice to draft a big tall 6'7" QB (needs to fill out that thin frame still) that can actually throw over guys, instead of letting balls consistently tipped and batted down by linemen like Sanchez.

A guy that's only focused on football and not magazine spreads or running dogfighting rings.

Why do you want to bring Vick in so bad? I'd rather hang on to Tebow and give him a year at starting QB. Talk about difference in character between those two guys.

It's going to be a very interesting offseason, needless to say. Unfortunately I fear you might get your wish with Vick, in which case there would be at least one less Jets fan here in California until Vick is gone. My opinion, not that anyone cares, the NFL shouldn't have let him back in the league. I don't want to hear "he served his time", the punishment doesn't always fit the crime. How does Plaxico get more time for shooting himself in the leg than sick Vick gets for hanging, drowning and electrocuting dogs? I'd venture to guess that you don't own a dog yourself Mrx27, or if you do you keep it chained up outside in the cold. You have to ask yourself what goes through someone's mind while they're holding a dog under water until it dies?

I know there is a laundry list of guys in the NFL that are far from saints, but this one in particular has always struck a nerve with me because of my fondness for dogs. I don't expect everyone to feel the way I do, but it disturbs me that more people don't.

vCash
    Hey that's totally my bad man, I apologize for not scouring through hundreds of threads and comments to see which QB you mentioned.
    Yeah well, don't let it happen again.

I just thought it'd be nice to draft a big tall 6'7" QB (needs to fill out that thin frame still) that can actually throw over guys, instead of letting balls consistently tipped and batted down by linemen like Sanchez.

A guy that's only focused on football and not magazine spreads or running dogfighting rings.
    The whole dog thing is old, get over it.

Why do you want to bring Vick in so bad?
    Because he's the best option available to the Jets as of this moment, point blank!

I'd rather hang on to Tebow and give him a year at starting QB. Talk about difference in character between those two guys.
    Start Tebow?
    He doesn't even want to be here.

It's going to be a very interesting offseason, needless to say. Unfortunately I fear you might get your wish with Vick, in which case there would be at least one less Jets fan here in California until Vick is gone.
    Bye!

My opinion, not that anyone cares, the NFL shouldn't have let him back in the league.
    Enough with the rhetoric.

I don't want to hear "he served his time", the punishment doesn't always fit the crime. How does Plaxico get more time for shooting himself in the leg than sick Vick gets for hanging, drowning and electrocuting dogs? I'd venture to guess that you don't own a dog yourself Mrx27, or if you do you keep it chained up outside in the cold. You have to ask yourself what goes through someone's mind while they're holding a dog under water until it dies?
    No one likes what happened, but is it beyond you to except the fact that he's beyond that now.

I know there is a laundry list of guys in the NFL that are far from saints, but this one in particular has always struck a nerve with me because of my fondness for dogs. I don't expect everyone to feel the way I do, but it disturbs me that more people don't.
    Lots of us are dog people.

And if that is your real excuse for not wanting Vick than you should get over it. Seriously.

Why is it so hard for you to stop harpping on what Vick did, when I could easily point to players in the league that you would want, that have done things as well.

Look, If what you're looking for is a franchise QB to QB the Jets next year then it's not going to happen, excluding what happens with McElroy.

But let's say that Glennon comes here, let's think what would maximize his effectiveness the most?
    We've seen what can happen if you push a rookie onto the field right away and their not ready for it. Is it really necessary to chance the same thing all over again.

Not all the best QBs playing today started immediately, in fact quite a few rode the bench to begin their career, so it goes to show how it can be advantageous to both the franchise and the player.

Whichever way the offseason goes, I'd wouldn't mind seeing either Vick or Alex Smith QB the team with Glennon in the wings.

But in order to make the team as good as possible, you start your list at the top, and like it or not Vick tops the list of what is currently available at QB.
    Last edited by MrX27; 12-22-2012 at 11:40 PM.

vCash
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82982173/

JETS SEASON IN REVIEW TO FUNNY MUSIC

wasnt going to start a thread on it....c'mon, you guys can at least laugh at this

onward and upward in 2013!!!

FROM COUNTRY ROADS TO THE BIG APPLE .. FLIGHT GENO , READY FOR DEPARTURE

vCash
    Come on Jets... only one more loss so we can try to move into the top 10 draft picks in April. We need some of those 5-10 teams to win next week. Come on I know we can do it. lol

vCash
    all im saying now id like rivers and norv here next season

vCash

Why do you want to bring Vick in so bad? I'd rather hang on to Tebow and give him a year at starting QB. Talk about difference in character between those two guys.

It's going to be a very interesting offseason, needless to say. Unfortunately I fear you might get your wish with Vick, in which case there would be at least one less Jets fan here in California until Vick is gone. My opinion, not that anyone cares, the NFL shouldn't have let him back in the league. I don't want to hear "he served his time", the punishment doesn't always fit the crime. How does Plaxico get more time for shooting himself in the leg than sick Vick gets for hanging, drowning and electrocuting dogs? I'd venture to guess that you don't own a dog yourself Mrx27, or if you do you keep it chained up outside in the cold. You have to ask yourself what goes through someone's mind while they're holding a dog under water until it dies?

This vick dog issue is crazy!!!!!! There are guys in the league that have KILLED PEOPLE AND PLAY!!!! THERE IS A LB WHO HAS KILLED TWO PEOPLE (LITTLE) AND CONTINUES TO PLAY IN THE LEAGUE. I love my dog but people do make BAD choices, but man oh man. If a mother can forgive her son's murderer and allow him to join her deceasced sons' team then can we allow Vick to play ball!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cjetswin71 View Post
    This vick dog issue is crazy!!!!!! There are guys in the league that have KILLED PEOPLE AND PLAY!!!! THERE IS A LB WHO HAS KILLED TWO PEOPLE (LITTLE) AND CONTINUES TO PLAY IN THE LEAGUE. I love my dog but people do make BAD choices, but man oh man. If a mother can forgive her son's murderer and allow him to join her deceasced sons' team then can we allow Vick to play ball!!!!!
    So everyone must see it your way. They're not allowed to feel a certain way about Vick because of your exclamation points. Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Come on Jets... only one more loss so we can try to move into the top 10 draft picks in April. We need some of those 5-10 teams to win next week. Come on I know we can do it. lol
    Big loss to the Bill coming up. Hopefully a loss to them means we pick in front of them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CEasFiRe View Post
    all im saying now id like rivers and norv here next season
    I don't love Rivers but he would be a huge upgrade over Sanchez. I'm worried the dollars won't match the skill set and his temper in NY might cause too much harm.

vCash
    On the Vick stance:

If he becomes a Jet, I won't attend a game while he is a Jet nor will I watch a game. It won't be easy but I hate the guy that much.

Not only is he an awful QB and I have felt that for many years but he is an awful person as well.

I thought I would never say this, but I would actually choose Tebow over another NFL QB and that QB is Vick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    On the Vick stance:

If he becomes a Jet, I won't attend a game while he is a Jet nor will I watch a game. It won't be easy but I hate the guy that much.

Not only is he an awful QB and I have felt that for many years but he is an awful person as well.

I thought I would never say this, but I would actually choose Tebow over another NFL QB and that QB is Vick.
    Lol that's a bit ridiculous don't you think. You wont watch the team because of one guy.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    I say sign Vick right now, and let's shake all these people that claim they'd leave the fanbase.

Good riddance to ya'.

At least you won't clog up space on this forum anymore.
    Perhaps you guys can follow Tebow down to Jax and root for them.

You don't have to like Vick, but to not support your team because they don't get a player you want is stupid.
    You do realize this is the Jets!
    The same team that chose Kyle Brady over an arena chanting the name of Warren Sapp in unison.
    The same team that chose Ken O'Brien over Dan Marino, the headlines the next day said "Who?"
    The same team that traded 2 1st round draft picks to Chicago for Dewayne Robertson, then misplace him at NT when Mangini was brought in.
    The same team that brought in Tim Tebow and proceeded to do nothing at all with him, not even give him a legit chance, shot, opportunity to show what he has as a QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steve4x4 View Post
    major difference between what vick did and all your other "examples"...

vick first-hand ran an organized system where dogs were brutally handled, tortured, and killed. again this was organized and went on for at least FIVE YEARS, this was not a mistake.

comparing that to a DUI is a joke. comparing to sanchez's college rape allegation, he was never convicted even after a thorough investigation. and the ellis thing, details said he was basically in a fight with a dude who was starting stuff with his girl, and he won.

NONE of that compares to the organized death camp vick ran. the torturing of animals is a sign of a true pyschopath. 21 months in prison does not wipe that slate clean. if it does for you, thats your moral decision....

besides the fact that he is a terrible choice to QB for the jets given decline, age, and $$...he is also pure scum.
    This....the guy is one of the most overated qb ever who quits when the going gets tough in games, what you guys see inhim is beyond me, he has stunck it upfor the last 2 years hes a shell of himself

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Lots of us are dog people.

And if that is your real excuse for not wanting Vick than you should get over it. Seriously.

Why is it so hard for you to stop harpping on what Vick did, when I could easily point to players in the league that you would want, that have done things as well.

Look, If what you're looking for is a franchise QB to QB the Jets next year then it's not going to happen, excluding what happens with McElroy.

But let's say that Glennon comes here, let's think what would maximize his effectiveness the most?
    We've seen what can happen if you push a rookie onto the field right away and their not ready for it. Is it really necessary to chance the same thing all over again.

Not all the best QBs playing today started immediately, in fact quite a few rode the bench to begin their career, so it goes to show how it can be advantageous to both the franchise and the player.

Whichever way the offseason goes, I'd wouldn't mind seeing either Vick or Alex Smith QB the team with Glennon in the wings.

But in order to make the team as good as possible, you start your list at the top, and like it or not Vick tops the list of what is currently available at QB.
    Sorry Brah but Vick aint making any team better, the guy cant even play a full season anymore and his explosivness is gone, so what makes you think Vick and the money he's going to demabd is going to be good signing for the Jets, other then he's a big name.....

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast