Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mays217 View Post
    ...but I'd much rather hand the reins to a rookie QB next year and take our lumps with him, than waste time with a heartless criminal just to win a couple more games possibly.
    A couple more wins would have put the Jets in playoff contention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Ok, but you fail to mention that Michael Vick was subject to the single worst OL in football today, and it's not even close.

If you though playing behind Wayne Hunter was bad, imagine playing behind 3 Wayne Hunter's on 1 offensive line.

It's always been stated the the Jets are a run first team, and one element your not taking into consideration of Vicks stats is he runs to gain yardage.

Therefore with a QB like Vick it's not passing yards alone that accounts for how he moves the football.
    Behind a solid OL he has always done well enough to win games.

Now the Jets OL is not the OL from a few years ago, BUT they are a decent enough unit to win behind.

You say no to Vick fine, but it sounds like you're defending Sanchez enough and to the point where it seems you want him back for another year as starting QB of the Jets.

If so, than no way.
    Not at all am I trying to make a case for Mark, it want meant that way. You can give Vick the pass saying its cuz of the OL if you want and last year it was the D. Mike Vick has never been an accurate passer and good running is part of the reason he can't stay on field. Our line isn't great its a huge need to me. Bringing in a older Mike Vick who stay banged up in what we can call concussion era just don't seem smart after his last couple years.

vCash
    A couple more wins would have put the Jets in playoff contention.

to get obliterated in round one of the playoffs and give false hope to front office that everything's okay? Don't get me wrong, I wanted a win bad against the Titans Monday night and the Jets to run the table and get some help from PIT and CIN and sneak in the playoffs. But after the emotions of being eliminated from playoff contention somewhat subside, you have to acknowledge that getting eliminated, and getting eliminated in embarrassing fashion, was the best thing for this origination for the near future and long term. Why does anyone want to waste precious time bringing in a vet QB on the wrong side of 30 when the rest of our team has plenty of holes and is not close to being a super bowl contender. I'd rather take my chances drafting a QB in the second round this draft, starting him from day one, and let him grow with the likes of Kerley, Hill, Wilkerson, Coples, etc. I would bring in an intelligent vet to help teach the rookie.

vCash
    i cant read 5 pages right now, but all i want to say is that Yeremiah Bell is our best tackler on defense. tackling has been a problem in recent years, and Bell is a great tackler, even in the open field. I know he is old, but id like to see him back. he may test the market but hopefully end up back in green.

vCash
    to get obliterated in round one of the playoffs and give false hope to front office that everything's okay? Don't get me wrong, I wanted a win bad against the Titans Monday night and the Jets to run the table and get some help from PIT and CIN and sneak in the playoffs. But after the emotions of being eliminated from playoff contention somewhat subside, you have to acknowledge that getting eliminated, and getting eliminated in embarrassing fashion, was the best thing for this origination for the near future and long term. Why does anyone want to waste precious time bringing in a vet QB on the wrong side of 30 when the rest of our team has plenty of holes and is not close to being a super bowl contender. I'd rather take my chances drafting a QB in the second round this draft, starting him from day one, and let him grow with the likes of Kerley, Hill, Wilkerson, Coples, etc. I would bring in an intelligent vet to help teach the rookie.
    Unless a rookie can come in and instantly grasp a hold of the offensive system, I'd be VERY hesitant to start a rookie, as we've seen what can happen when a QB is rushed and not groomed.

As far as your comment of brining in an intelligent QB, How well did bringing in Mark Brunell help Mark Sanchez.

If the Jets brought in Michael Vick with the understanding that they were also bringing in a young QB to compete for the starting job, that makes sense, BUT to declare a rookie starting on a team with NO veterans and being a team that most veterans WILL NOT flock too, I don't see it happening.

Again, this is all contingent on what McElroy brings to the table.

Also I see people bring up Alex Smith.
    If your fear of bringing in Michael Vick is that he will make the Jets adequate enough to be a playoff "1 and done" team, there's no difference in Alex Smith.
    Alex Smith is less dynamic and less aggressive than Vick, however he plays a safer style that constitutes a battle of field positioning. Some may prefer that...
    But keep in mind that Alex Smith will cost more than Michael Vick per year, and the Jets will have to give up draft picks for him as well.

Alex Smith would be every bit the "expensive lame duck" QB, until the Jets can find a franchise QB.
    Last edited by MrX27; 12-22-2012 at 12:22 PM.

vCash
    I got a question, If the Cards accept would you send Sanchez
    Revis and Holmes or a pick for Larry Fitzgerald?

vCash
    Unless a rookie can come in and instantly grasp a hold of the offensive system, I'd be VERY hesitant to start a rookie, as we've seen what can happen when a QB is rushed and not groomed.

As far as your comment of brining in an intelligent QB, How well did bringing in Mark Brunell help Mark Sanchez.

If the Jets brought in Michael Vick with the understanding that they were also bringing in a young QB to compete for the starting job, that makes sense, BUT to declare a rookie starting on a team with NO veterans and being a team that most veterans WILL NOT flock too, I don't see it happening.

Again, this is all contingent on what McElroy brings to the table.

Also I see people bring up Alex Smith.
    If your fear of bringing in Michael Vick is that he will make the Jets adequate enough to be a playoff "1 and done" team, there's no difference in Alex Smith.
    Alex Smith is less dynamic and less aggressive than Vick, however he plays a safer style that constitutes a battle of field positioning. Some may prefer that...
    But keep in mind that Alex Smith will cost more than Michael Vick per year, and the Jets will have to give up draft picks for him as well.

Alex Smith would be every bit the "expensive lame duck" QB, until the Jets can find a franchise QB.

Brunell was just hoping to hang on for a couple more paychecks because he clearly pi$$ed away all his money

I've said that I don't want anything to do with Vick because of my own personal feelings toward him and what he did. Not to mention I don't want a 32 year old beaten down guy who might be healthy enough to play 12 games. I'd rather have a 22 year old that can grow with this team's young core.

Let's face it, there are going to be several veterans gone, whether it be trade or flat out being released. Our new GM (hopefully) is going to have to flip things upside down and start the rebuild process asap. No more bandaids. Make everyone available for the right price, even Revis if he can get a king's ransom for him.

I'd try and acquire a guy like Matt Hasselbeck to mentor our likely 2nd round QB pick. I'm not saying to name the rookie your starter right after you draft him. I liked how Miami handled Tannehill during preseason. Had him in a heated competion with Garrard and Matt Moore, but if both or all guys are close, you gotta hand it to the rookie. Obviously he'd have to earn the job or you risk losing the locker room.

The Jets upcoming offseason epitomizes having to take a huge step backwards in order to take several steps forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJNYYNYR4Life View Post
    No, it's too much.
    Although the Cards would probably take that deal.
    Last edited by MrX27; 12-22-2012 at 01:08 PM.

vCash
    Brunell was just hoping to hang on for a couple more paychecks because he clearly pi$$ed away all his money

I've said that I don't want anything to do with Vick because of my own personal feelings toward him and what he did. Not to mention I don't want a 32 year old beaten down guy who might be healthy enough to play 12 games. I'd rather have a 22 year old that can grow with this team's young core.

Let's face it, there are going to be several veterans gone, whether it be trade or flat out being released. Our new GM (hopefully) is going to have to flip things upside down and start the rebuild process asap. No more bandaids. Make everyone available for the right price, even Revis if he can get a king's ransom for him.

I'd try and acquire a guy like Matt Hasselbeck to mentor our likely 2nd round QB pick. I'm not saying to name the rookie your starter right after you draft him. I liked how Miami handled Tannehill during preseason. Had him in a heated competion with Garrard and Matt Moore, but if both or all guys are close, you gotta hand it to the rookie. Obviously he'd have to earn the job or you risk losing the locker room.

The Jets upcoming offseason epitomizes having to take a huge step backwards in order to take several steps forward.
    Doesn't matter, Brunell was "as you say" an experienced QB, brought in to mentor Sanchez.

Hasselbeck?
    Over Vick?
    No thanks.

Besides you're contradicting yourself when you say Hasselbeck, because he's older than Michael Vick and can't play start a full season either.

As for your personal feelings regarding Vick "Get over it!", Rothlesberger raped 2 girls and if the Jets had an op to get him, most likely you and other holier-than-thou types would be creaming over yourselves to go after him.

So I hear you, but I can only buy a bit of what your selling and that's that the Jets should have an open competition at QB next year between a vet and a rook.
    As for the rest, no thanks.

vCash
    Tom Gamble has been named as a candidate to replace Tanny as our GM. I'm not sure if this is just a rumor or if it may actually happen

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJNYYNYR4Life View Post
    Sending too much just Holmes, Sanchez and a couple picks

vCash
    Doesn't matter, Brunell was "as you say" an experienced QB, brought in to mentor Sanchez.

Hasselbeck?
    Over Vick?
    No thanks.

Besides you're contradicting yourself when you say Hasselbeck, because he's older than Michael Vick and can't play start a full season either.

As for your personal feelings regarding Vick "Get over it!", Rothlesberger raped 2 girls and if the Jets had an op to get him, most likely you and other holier-than-thou types would be creaming over yourselves to go after him.

So I hear you, but I can only buy a bit of what your selling and that's that the Jets should have an open competition at QB next year between a vet and a rook.
    As for the rest, no thanks.

You're wrong bud, flat out wrong. Psychopath or not, no Jets fan should want another temporary solution at QB next year. Let's start building through the draft, like successful franchises do, and start turning things around sooner than later. Yes, things might have to get worse before they get better. I'd rather go 4-12 but with youth and optimism and glimpses of hope for the near future, than a dysfunctional 8-8 and remain idle and out of the playoffs.

vCash
    You're wrong bud, flat out wrong.
    Buzz!
    Not by your reasoning I'm not.

Psychopath or not, no Jets fan should want another temporary solution at QB next year.
    No temporary solution huh?
    But yet you suggest Matt Hasselbeck? He's the poster boy of band-aid!
    C'mon man!

Let's start building through the draft, like successful franchises do, and start turning things around sooner than later. Yes, things might have to get worse before they get better. I'd rather go 4-12 but with youth and optimism and glimpses of hope for the near future, than a dysfunctional 8-8 and remain idle and out of the playoffs.
    Aren't you the same person that just said that Michael Vick would equate to just a few more wins than Sanchez?

Aren't the Jets just a few games out of the playoffs?

Isn't there a saying that says once the playoffs begin anything can happen?

You act as if any QB the Jets draft will be successful.

Well let me clear my throat on this one:
    Browning Nagle, Glenn Foley, Chad Pennington (possibly the only exception as a decent QB, but couldn't throw in the winter- sad but true), Eric Ainge, Kellen Clemens and Mark Sanchez. [Not including McElroy for obvious reasons]

All "drafted" QBs to play a part in the future success of the NYJets, either as franchise QBs or quality backups.
    How'd they do, did any of them pan out the way you wanted?

I tell you what, instead of spouting off about how you'd start some rookie you'd play over Michael Vick, why don't you tell us what rookie you have in mind? And what round the Jets would get him in?

At least that way some merit can be given to what you propose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Viscera View Post
    Tom Gamble has been named as a candidate to replace Tanny as our GM. I'm not sure if this is just a rumor or if it may actually happen
    I read that too here.

I've also seen the Jags linked to him.

vCash
    Aren't you the same person that just said that Michael Vick would equate to just a few more wins than Sanchez?

Aren't the Jets just a few games out of the playoffs?

Isn't there a saying that says once the playoffs begin anything can happen?

You act as if any QB the Jets draft will be successful.

Well let me clear my throat on this one:
    Browning Nagle, Glenn Foley, Chad Pennington (possibly the only exception as a decent QB, but couldn't throw in the winter- sad but true), Eric Ainge, Kellen Clemens and Mark Sanchez. [Not including McElroy for obvious reasons]

All "drafted" QBs to play a part in the future success of the NYJets, either as franchise QBs or quality backups.
    How'd they do, did any of them pan out the way you wanted?

I tell you what, instead of spouting off about how you'd start some rookie you'd play over Michael Vick, why don't you tell us what rookie you have in mind? And what round the Jets would get him in?

At least that way some merit can be given to what you propose.

I say a guy like Hasselbeck with the assumption that he's ready to accept being a backup, but still very much competitive to come in, if needed, for a game or so. A guy that exemplifies what it takes to be a professional in the league. You think that Vick is a guy you want helping mold and mentor a young QB. Is he helping Nick Foles right now? Who knows, but I highly doubt it. I know Matt Schaub didn't appreciate Vick's work ethic when they were in Atlanta.

As far as what QB to draft. Who knows? I know we don't. Sure we hear Geno Smith will be the first QB taken, who knows how early? Chiefs? Obviously no Jets fan wants to touch Matt Barkley or any other USC QB. Who does that leave? A bunch of unknowns

Mike Glennon NC State. Thats my pick if you want a name. I say 2nd round pick, unless we trade up for a late round first.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast