Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Keep Rex.
    Maybe keep Sparano, the playcalling the last 2 weeks will determine that, if not contact Norv Turner.
    Demote Tanny.
    NO! to Bill Parcells as mgm't.
    Contact Bill Polian immediately.

QB- GMac gets chance to prove himself, if unable to perform well, then YES! to Michael Vick. Get over yourselves haters, and if you want to leave the Jets, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

RB- Shonn Greene may be out the door as he may want major money since this is his FA year, and there are teams that may throw better money his way. Personally, I like the combination of Greene and Powell as a tandem, and throw in McKnight and I think they perform well. Caveat being when they are used as a comittee and not just featuring Greene. I do see the Jets acquiring a RB during the offseason whether or not it comes during the draft or FA remains to be seen. Eyes on Mike Gillislee in the 2nd (if Gio Bernard is gone, as expected) or 3rd round.

WR- the Jets can live with Holmes, Hill, Edwards, Kerley and another WR for another year if Edwards can show he still has it. However another WR wouldn't hurt.

OL- Convince Moore to return for another season, DBrick and Mangold are solid, Austin Howard has not been great but he has not been dreadful either. Slausen was horrible, and surprisingly enough Vlad Ducasse filled in for him decently, especially against the run. The Jets will draft OL help.

TE- I'd let Keller test FA and let him go if the price gets to be to much. I've called for Michael Williams in the draft (round 4) since the season began. Maybe take him in round 3 if his value goes up from combines. One of the best run blockers in draft, and good hands as well.

DL- Ellis, Coples, Wilk, Pouha and co are ok for another season.

LB- Goodbye Bart, Pace and BThomas. More DDavis, even though Harris didn't have his best season, he's still solid.
    This leads me to my 2nd big move in FA (1st potentially being Vick), Michael Johnson is a FA and would be a good fit, especially when combined with #1 draft pick OLBs Mingo or DJordan. JJones and DMoore will be most likely be long gone.

CB- Wilson and Cro have been solid as a couple, and the return of DRevis makes the unit complete. That said, I would really like the Jets to move Wilson to FS, as he answered the only question I really for him in whether he is a good enough tackler, he is. Also Ellis Lankster has shown he can be effective at NB, in Wilson stead.

S- The Jets need to resign SS Landry, because if he hits FA, his value will skyrocket and the Jets may not be able to bring him back. At FS give Wilson a long look during the offseason, as YBell was meh! and if Landry can't be retained then move Bell to SS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Keep Rex.
    Maybe keep Sparano, the playcalling the last 2 weeks will determine that, if not contact Norv Turner.
    Demote Tanny.
    NO! to Bill Parcells as mgm't.
    Contact Bill Polian immediately.

QB- GMac gets chance to prove himself, if unable to perform well, then YES! to Michael Vick. Get over yourselves haters, and if you want to leave the Jets, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

RB- Shonn Greene may be out the door as he may want major money since this is his FA year, and there are teams that may throw better money his way. Personally, I like the combination of Greene and Powell as a tandem, and throw in McKnight and I think they perform well. Caveat being when they are used as a comittee and not just featuring Greene. I do see the Jets acquiring a RB during the offseason whether or not it comes during the draft or FA remains to be seen. Eyes on Mike Gillislee in the 2nd (if Gio Bernard is gone, as expected) or 3rd round.

WR- the Jets can live with Holmes, Hill, Edwards, Kerley and another WR for another year if Edwards can show he still has it. However another WR wouldn't hurt.

OL- Convince Moore to return for another season, DBrick and Mangold are solid, Austin Howard has not been great but he has not been dreadful either. Slausen was horrible, and surprisingly enough Vlad Ducasse filled in for him decently, especially against the run. The Jets will draft OL help.

TE- I'd let Keller test FA and let him go if the price gets to be to much. I've called for Michael Williams in the draft (round 4) since the season began. Maybe take him in round 3 if his value goes up from combines. One of the best run blockers in draft, and good hands as well.

DL- Ellis, Coples, Wilk, Pouha and co are ok for another season.

LB- Goodbye Bart, Pace and BThomas. More DDavis, even though Harris didn't have his best season, he's still solid.
    This leads me to my 2nd big move in FA (1st potentially being Vick), Michael Johnson is a FA and would be a good fit, especially when combined with #1 draft pick OLBs Mingo or DJordan. JJones and DMoore will be most likely be long gone.

CB- Wilson and Cro have been solid as a couple, and the return of DRevis makes the unit complete. That said, I would really like the Jets to move Wilson to FS, as he answered the only question I really for him in whether he is a good enough tackler, he is. Also Ellis Lankster has shown he can be effective at NB, in Wilson stead.

S- The Jets need to resign SS Landry, because if he hits FA, his value will skyrocket and the Jets may not be able to bring him back. At FS give Wilson a long look during the offseason, as YBell was meh! and if Landry can't be retained then move Bell to SS.
    I have to agree with you on that one. Vick made a mistake and he did his time. In 2006 Mark Sanchez was arrested on suspicion of RAPE, Yes the charges were dropped but that still does not make Sanchez innocent.

Edwards was charged with DWI/DUI He could have easily killed someone. Where were you righteous people then?

Kenrick Ellis was arrested for assault. (malicious wounding) of a human being, Not a dog.
    Where were you guys then? I didnt see one peep.

I own a Dog so dont give me that crap. What Vick did was wrong. Nobody can argue that. But again the man did his time just like the others who were mentioned.

P.E.T.A is always looking for new members if the Jets arent to your liking .

Im also sure the sea shepard could use a few good men/women.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Great post MrX27. I'm on board with everything except Vick, and not because of the dog thing (I'm also a dog lover.) I just think we need a year off from the media swarm that we have become accustomed to. We are just recovering from Tebow, and a Vick signing will create the same environment.

My position would be different if it was nearly certain that he would have a positive impact on the field. But he had an awful year (understood behind a terrible OL), with way too many turnovers. It will be a return to ugly if we sign him, and then he plays like crap.

I'm not ready to address the QB position until I see 2 weeks of McElroy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    I have to agree with you on that one. Vick made a mistake and he did his time. In 2006 Mark Sanchez was arrested on suspicion of RAPE, Yes the charges were dropped but that still does not make Sanchez innocent.

Edwards was charged with DWI/DUI He could have easily killed someone. Where were you righteous people then?

Kenrick Ellis was arrested for assault. (malicious wounding) of a human being, Not a dog.

I own a Dog so dont give me that crap. What Vick did was wrong. Nobody can argue that. But again the man did his time just like the others who were mentioned.

What the hell is wrong with you? You cannot speak rationally to these people!!! Get a hold of yourself sir.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    If Vick signs with the jets, they'll lose half their fan base. It would be the worst move the franchise to could make after this whole debacle.

Draft a QB, and sign a veteran whose CEREBRAL not an idiot like VIck. We sign vick to mentor a young QB and we might as well pack it in for the next 5 years. HORRIBLE move.
    Originally Posted by erickench
    At least Lackey had a winning record for the Red Sox. His ERA was just a little high.

vCash
    i just wanted to say this idc if people agree with me or not but the jets are an absoulte disgrace and as long as woody johnson is the owner of this team we will NEVER win anything. its going to be the same old jets every year and now talks about bringing in vick and trading away sanchez after investing so much in him only makes us even more of a joke. the second i hear that mike vick is close to being a jet or is one is the day i never watch a jets game again. the only thing woody johnson and the jets front office is good at is making themselves look stupid and the fans hate them. ive honestly always stuck up for the jets all my life because i loved being a jets fan but now i cant even stand hearing about them or seeing them in the media. i know everybody hates sanchez and wants him out and yeah he turns the ball over so many times and looks so defeated out there but its not all him but he also BROUGHT us the 2 BEST seasons weve had in decades but that is now a distant memory bc the giants won the superbowl last year... its a disgrace how fast ppl forget.. i fully blame the front office for this mess and sanchez was on his way out of NY once they made that dumb trade for tebow in the offseason. i just wish we could of gotten a chance to see sanchez with an actual great offense around him and if he still was making the dumb mistakes then i would be fully understanding them moving on but i just gotta feel bad for sanchez. i'm not a hater of no means but the front office and media has destroyed this guy. if sanchez is a jet next year somehow id like to see him get another chance with a legit team around him and see what happens. the second sanchez is gone we know were going to be a bad team for atleast the next couple of years and think about it this way Rex is going to get 1 more year but if its with a diff qb who has less experince then sanchez its still going to be a **** show and will only lead to rex leaving the following year which means finding ANOTHER head coach and starting over with that. its going to be an on going problem the next couple of years and it makes me sick how close we were 2 years ago and how promising the future truley looked but thats football and the life of a NY jets fan. if sanchez does find a job with another team and does well we will only be sitting here thinking what if? and idk why but i had a dream last night he went to another team and won a starting job and came back to the meadowlands and beat us in NY now that would be the worst day possible and knowing the jets luck and how ****ing stupid we are, its going to happen.
    you guys can call me crazy but once the departure of sanchez happens if it does, rex will have one more year and we wont make the playoffs AGAIN and rex will be fired after that. im calling it now after them two are gone the next thing we lose is Revis because why would he want to be on this scrub team that cares more about media attention then actually winning games. he could be on a great team only making them more great and winning games unlike the jets who dont care about anything but stealing the back page from the giants.

i just also wanted to say ITS FULLY WOODY/TANNY fault where we are right now and the fanbase is so divided and shows so much hate because of them its sad. i hate when were booing our team at home and people are sending death threats to our qb its like what have we become? 2 years ago we were one OF THE MOST FEARED teams in football and now ppl see us on thier sceds and say thats a W. its truley depressing what we have become and its so frustrating after being so close and the future looking so promising at one point.

well im done you guys can hate on what i had to say and i really dont give a **** + hating on things is something us jets fan do best anyway.

RIP Jets nation ; we are an embarrassment
    Last edited by iadevaia12; 12-20-2012 at 02:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iadevaia12 View Post
    i just wanted to say this idc if people agree with me or not but the jets are an absoulte disgrace and as long as woody johnson is the owner of this team we will NEVER win anything. its going to be the same old jets every year and now talks about bringing in vick and trading away sanchez after investing so much in him only makes us even more of a joke. the second i hear that mike vick is close to being a jet or is one is the day i never watch a jets game again. the only thing woody johnson and the jets front office is good at is making themselves look stupid and the fans hate them. ive honestly always stuck up for the jets all my life because i loved being a jets fan but now i cant even stand hearing about them or seeing them in the media. i know everybody hates sanchez and wants him out and yeah he turns the ball over so many times and looks so defeated out there but its not all him but he also BROUGHT us the 2 BEST seasons weve had in decades but that is now a distant memory bc the giants won the superbowl last year... its a disgrace how fast ppl forget.. i fully blame the front office for this mess and sanchez was on his way out of NY once they made that dumb trade for tebow in the offseason. i just wish we could of gotten a chance to see sanchez with an actual great offense around him and if he still was making the dumb mistakes then i would be fully understanding them moving on but i just gotta feel bad for sanchez. i'm not a hater of no means but the front office and media has destroyed this guy. if sanchez is a jet next year somehow id like to see him get another chance with a legit team around him and see what happens. the second sanchez is gone we know were going to be a bad team for atleast the next couple of years and think about it this way Rex is going to get 1 more year but if its with a diff qb who has less experince then sanchez its still going to be a **** show and will only lead to rex leaving the following year which means finding ANOTHER head coach and starting over with that. its going to be an on going problem the next couple of years and it makes me sick how close we were 2 years ago and how promising the future truley looked but thats football and the life of a NY jets fan. if sanchez does find a job with another team and does well we will only be sitting here thinking what if? and idk why but i had a dream last night he went to another team and won a starting job and came back to the meadowlands and beat us in NY now that would be the worst day possible and knowing the jets luck and how ****ing stupid we are, its going to happen.
    you guys can call me crazy but once the departure of sanchez happens if it does, rex will have one more year and we wont make the playoffs AGAIN and rex will be fired after that. im calling it now after them two are gone the next thing we lose is Revis because why would he want to be on this scrub team that cares more about media attention then actually winning games. he could be on a great team only making them more great and winning games unlike the jets who dont care about anything but stealing the back page from the giants.

i just also wanted to say ITS FULLY WOODY/TANNY fault where we are right now and the fanbase is so divided and shows so much hate because of them its sad. i hate when were booing our team at home and people are sending death threats. its truley depressing what we have become and its so frustrating after being so close and the future looking so promising at one point.

well im done you guys can hate on what i had to say and i really dont give a **** + hating on things is something us jets fan do best anyway.

RIP Jets nation ; we are an embarrassment
    Paragraphs bro.... no one wants to read a book

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Ill make this one short and sweet then.
    Go **** yourself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iadevaia12 View Post
    Ill make this one short and sweet then.
    Go **** yourself

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Someone is a bit salty today!

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post

major difference between what vick did and all your other "examples"...

vick first-hand ran an organized system where dogs were brutally handled, tortured, and killed. again this was organized and went on for at least FIVE YEARS, this was not a mistake.

comparing that to a DUI is a joke. comparing to sanchez's college rape allegation, he was never convicted even after a thorough investigation. and the ellis thing, details said he was basically in a fight with a dude who was starting stuff with his girl, and he won.

NONE of that compares to the organized death camp vick ran. the torturing of animals is a sign of a true pyschopath. 21 months in prison does not wipe that slate clean. if it does for you, thats your moral decision....

besides the fact that he is a terrible choice to QB for the jets given decline, age, and $$...he is also pure scum.

vCash
    He paid for his crimes, served time in jail. I'm sure if Big Ben became available no one would trip if we went after him!

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    I agree. People should lay off of Vick. I believe in second chances for the most part. And he's been nothing but a model citizen ever since. That being said, I don't want him anywhere near this team.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    I agree. People should lay off of Vick. I believe in second chances for the most part. And he's been nothing but a model citizen ever since. That being said, I don't want him anywhere near this team.
    Nor do I, but to say you don't want him for a crime he paid for is stupid. If he wasn't such a turnover machine I would be all for it.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I agreed with everything he said in that huge paragraph but I have to admit it was HARD to read that. Paragraphs would be phenomenal.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast