Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    I love how some people on here criticize players, but at the same time don't contribute any course of action to rectify the situation.

You guys are like movie critics, always complaining about something, with no idea how to make a good movie yourselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I say sign Vick right now, and let's shake all these people that claim they'd leave the fanbase.

Good riddance to ya'.

At least you won't clog up space on this forum anymore.
    Perhaps you guys can follow Tebow down to Jax and root for them.

You don't have to like Vick, but to not support your team because they don't get a player you want is stupid.
    You do realize this is the Jets!
    The same team that chose Kyle Brady over an arena chanting the name of Warren Sapp in unison.
    The same team that chose Ken O'Brien over Dan Marino, the headlines the next day said "Who?"
    The same team that traded 2 1st round draft picks to Chicago for Dewayne Robertson, then misplace him at NT when Mangini was brought in.
    The same team that brought in Tim Tebow and proceeded to do nothing at all with him, not even give him a legit chance, shot, opportunity to show what he has as a QB.
    This.

It's sad to hear animals dying for selfish reasons. I'm guilty of that crime. I can't count how many Chickens, Turkeys, and Cows have died so I can be full over my lifetime. Also 2 deer and a quail. OMGAHHH I forgot fish! Please forgive me ray:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaMaravilla View Post
    Sorry Brah but Vick aint making any team better, the guy cant even play a full season anymore and his explosivness is gone, so what makes you think Vick and the money he's going to demabd is going to be good signing for the Jets, other then he's a big name.....
    Let's see:
    Has Vick proven that he can win games in Atlanta? Yes, he did.
    Has Vick proven he can win games in Philly? Yes, he did.
    Is Vick going to demand big money? No he won't, because the market for him would only be one of a team looking to transition to another QB.
    Is Vick serviceable for a year or 2? Yes, he is.
    Are the Jets going to find a Brady, Manning or Rodgers in FA to QB the Jets for the next 10 years? No, they won't.
    Do the Jets need a QB that could potentially carry the team with his ability to win games, until they find a franchise QB? Yes, they do.
    Is Vick, even with less explosiveness, a better athlete than anyone else available in FA? Yes, he is.
    Since the Jets need an experienced QB to temporarily guide the team (until a franchise QB is attained and ready), should the Jets look at the best FA QBs available and work the list from the top? Yes, they should.
    Is the name at the top of that list Michael Vick? Yes, it is.

Now what makes you think your suggestion of not signing him is better, when he is clearly the best FA QB that's available, AND he won't demand a big money contract, AND it would only be until the Jets have a franchise QB groomed and ready to go, AND the team would still be competitive, AND you already saw with Sanchez what could happen when you immediately start a rookie who isn't mentally ready long-term, AND is your only alternative Alex Smith, because if that's your only counter then how is what he offers more than Michael Vick, when Alex Smith is not a franchise QB either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nate2usmc View Post
    This.

It's sad to hear animals dying for selfish reasons. I'm guilty of that crime. I can't count how many Chickens, Turkeys, and Cows have died so I can be full over my lifetime. Also 2 deer and a quail. OMGAHHH I forgot fish! Please forgive me ray:
    Sad but true.

I'm guilty of eating beef, chicken, veal, venisen, and countless other animals, without any thought of the conditions of those animals.

Even vegetarians eat eggs, without thought of the chickens growing around the cages they're held in.

Years ago, I tried being vegan, it lasted for a week, then I got hungry and went to Burger King and bought 2 whoppers.
    Added extra pickles and A1 sauce. Delicious.

Did you know horse meat may be more nutritious for you than beef?
    Now you know.
    and knowing is half the battle.........Yo Joe!

vCash
    Sad but true.

I'm guilty of eating beef, chicken, veal, venisen, and countless other animals, without any thought of the conditions of those animals.

Even vegetarians eat eggs, without thought of the chickens growing around the cages they're held in.

Years ago, I tried being vegan, it lasted for a week, then I got hungry and went to Burger King and bought 2 whoppers.
    Added extra pickles and A1 sauce. Delicious.

Did you know horse meat may be more nutritious for you than beef?
    Now you know.
    and knowing is half the battle.........Yo Joe!
    Ha. Well said, good sir. It's interesting you brought up horse meat. I always wondered why people didn't consume it regularly.

vCash
    Let's see:
    Has Vick proven that he can win games in Atlanta? Yes, he did.
    The current Vick is not anywhere near as explosive as he used to be
    Has Vick proven he can win games in Philly? Yes, he did.
    Way more talent at the skilled positions. Plus, all of Reid's QBs play well in his system. Remember A.J. Feeley?
    Is Vick going to demand big money? No he won't, because the market for him would only be one of a team looking to transition to another QB.
    He wants big money, but I agree that he won't get anything close to his asking price.
    Is Vick serviceable for a year or 2? Yes, he is.
    Agree
    Are the Jets going to find a Brady, Manning or Rodgers in FA to QB the Jets for the next 10 years? No, they won't.
    Stupid question. QBs of this caliber won't hit Free Agency.
    Do the Jets need a QB that could potentially carry the team with his ability to win games, until they find a franchise QB? Yes, they do.
    Agree
    Is Vick, even with less explosiveness, a better athlete than anyone else available in FA? Yes, he is.
    Agree.
    Since the Jets need an experienced QB to temporarily guide the team (until a franchise QB is attained and ready), should the Jets look at the best FA QBs available and work the list from the top? Yes, they should.
    Of course they should start with the top. Why wouldn't you?
    Is the name at the top of that list Michael Vick? Yes, it is.
    The name at the top of the list is Joe Flacco, but he will probably end up back with the Ravens. I would rather the Jets bring in Matt Moore over Vick. Although Vick is a much better athlete, he isn't going to win many games with his legs any more. If someone sneezes in Vick's direction, he goes down with a concussion. I also think Moore is the better passer and will come at a cheaper price tag.

Now what makes you think your suggestion of not signing him is better, when he is clearly the best FA QB that's available, AND he won't demand a big money contract, AND it would only be until the Jets have a franchise QB groomed and ready to go, AND the team would still be competitive, AND you already saw with Sanchez what could happen when you immediately start a rookie who isn't mentally ready long-term, AND is your only alternative Alex Smith, because if that's your only counter then how is what he offers more than Michael Vick, when Alex Smith is not a franchise QB either.
    My opinion is above.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    My opinion is above.
    You say that it's a stupid question to mention finding a Brady, Manning or Rodgers in FA.

To be precise your statement was ,"...QBs of this caliber won't hit Free Agency."

There's 2 ways to take that, I'm going with the antagonistic way, because of the set-up to your response.

Maybe a QB like that won't hit FA this year, BUT you'd be a fool to think it doesn't happen at all, just look at Denver's roster this year for proof.

You say Michael Vick has lost explosiveness, then point out Matt Moore.
    Michael Vick at 50% explosiveness is still 100% more explosive than Matt Moore.

Matt Moore has thrown for 131 yds this year, with a grand total of -3 yds rushing.

Yes, Vick has lost explosiveness, but to use Matt Moore as your go to?
    No thanks.

As far as not mentioning Flacco, I didn't bother adding him to the FA list, because I don't think he leaves Balt, but if he should then he would shoot to the top. Doubtful, it happens though.

vCash
    Here is my question, what kind of contract are you going to have to give Vick?
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Here is my question, what kind of contract are you going to have to give Vick?
    Hasn't he already said that he wants to make more than Sanchez and be the starter?
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Hasn't he already said that he wants to make more than Sanchez and be the starter?
    Then he won't be a NY Jet
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    How about bringing in Steven Jackson he's only 29 years old and still in the prime of his career

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nate2usmc View Post
    This.

You, sir, might be beyond redemption. I would pray for you, but I only pray for superpowers so I don't think Jeebus listens to me anymore.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    You, sir, might be beyond redemption. I would pray for you, but I only pray for superpowers so I don't think Jeebus listens to me anymore.
    Why did you have to pray for such selfish things?!

I guess I will go eat one of the animals, that I listed, to ease the pain

vCash
    So now a report is out there saying Rex is telling everyone that if the offense doesn't get a complete overhaul he would be "better off being fired"

I think this is ******** just like the Tanny is keeping other GMs away crap. Or to go more directly contradictory to this made up crap, the rumor that it was Rex and not the GM making our personnel decisions. Obviously Rex knows the situation. And our media is trash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    So now a report is out there saying Rex is telling everyone that if the offense doesn't get a complete overhaul he would be "better off being fired"

I think this is ******** just like the Tanny is keeping other GMs away crap. Or to go more directly contradictory to this made up crap, the rumor that it was Rex and not the GM making our personnel decisions. Obviously Rex knows the situation. And our media is trash.
    Love the circus.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast