Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The New York Jets Offseason News

Okay well since we are out of the playoffs and news is popping up all over the place, I think it would be a good idea to just post it here until one of our mods makes the Offseason thread. So...........

Rumors are already circulating around our QB situation. Mark Sanchez may or may not be back, Tebow wants off this team and Michael Vick's name has finally entered the equation.

We tried out a K, P, and LS today which could be a sign we are not happy with the guys we have.

IncarceratedBob is reporting the Jets brass wants to hire Bill Parcells as a consultant.

If you hear anymore news just post it in here

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    Bill P as a consultant would be awesome.

I would keep Rex as HC
    Replace sparano with Tom Moore
    Demote Tanny
    If possible trade Sanchez (maybe a restructure so he is tradeable)
    Trade tebow or cut idk
    Groom McElroy as a starter depending on how he plays
    Draft a QB to sit and learn
    Sign some Oline help
    RB

^sounds easier than it is but I would be very happy with that!

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Could Norv Turner be coming here to take over our offense?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...sEnabled=false

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Now I think the best move the Jets can make and this will indeed be an awesome start to a having great offense would be to fire the offensive coaching staff and then hire Norv Turner as our OC. Then restructure Sanchez's contract and trade him and a pick to the Chargers for Philip Rivers.

OC = Norv Tuner
    QB = Philip Rivers and Greg McElroy
    RB = Giovani Bernard, Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight
    FB = ?
    WR = Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Jeremy Kerley, Stephen Hill, and Clyde Gates
    TE = Dustin Keller, Jeff Cumberland and Josh Baker
    OT = D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Austin Howard
    OG = Andy Levitre and Matt Slauson
    C = Nick Mangold and Caleb Schlauderaff

Therefore, a trade, a FA signing, and a draft pick could make this offense go from #30, all the way to the top #15
    Last edited by JetsNation24; 12-20-2012 at 03:27 AM.

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    I'd revamp the FO

New GM, either:

Marc Ross, Director of College Scouting (Giants)
    Dennis Hickey, Director of Player Personnel (Bucs)
    Tom Gamble, Director of Player Personnel (49ers)
    Eric DeCosta, Director of Player Personnel (Ravens)

Hire Bill Parcells and Eric Mangini for front office positions

Head Coach: Jay Gruden, Dirk Koetter, Kyle Shannahan or Chip Kelly (an offensive minded HC)

Let them chose their own coordinators, especially offensively.

Ken Norton (Seahawks LB coach) is named DC. Popular name in the industry at the moment. That is if we want to go in a younger direction.

Romeo Crennel is another option because there is no way he'll be back next season. Seasoned veteran. Ron Rivera is my #1 option if he gets fired.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    I disagree with the notion of unloading another offensive coordinator. If you all maintain it was the QB that was the problem or a lack of personnel to run the offense, then you can't say with certainty it was the OC's fault. I would stick with him and retain some sort of continuity as after all, it took more than half the season to get the run blocking schemes down.
    I truly don't think Sparano's the problem. The team did score 48 points the first game. If Parcells were truly to be brought in as a consultant, Sparano is his guy. He's very hands-on, very direct and I really thought he could get through to Sanchez. I think we'll be hearing in upcoming months little tidbits about Mark not really being a student of the game....just winging it and thinking his ability could lead him to success. We'll see. It's just a hunch I have towards his approach. Bottom line is he never really progressed and after 4 years, it was clear he wasn't going to step it up. And his body language sealed that deal. He's not a leader of men.

And you all need to remember that Sparano was Rex's choice. I wouldn't expect him to go anywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    Okay well since we are out of the playoffs and news is popping up all over the place, I think it would be a good idea to just post it here until one of our mods makes the Offseason thread. So...........

Rumors are already circulating around our QB situation. Mark Sanchez may or may not be back, Tebow wants off this team and Michael Vick's name has finally entered the equation.

We tried out a K, P, and LS today which could be a sign we are not happy with the guys we have.

IncarceratedBob is reporting the Jets brass wants to hire Bill Parcells as a consultant.

If you hear anymore news just post it in here
    I hope the Jets brass is paying attention. Not only do Jets fans not want Vick, fans like myself and many others will no longer be fans. I will no longer watch this team on sundays let alone spend money to go to a game. I will no longer purchase jerseys or even pay any attention to this team.

As a dog owner and more specifically a pit bull owner the thought that he is even being considered is absolutely pathetic. Don't employ this murderer, I along with many others don't give a ****** if he served his time and if I ever saw him alone I would beat the living **** out of him.

If the Jets even talk to this guy and entertain him they will lose me as a fan forever. Not just while he is on the team. Hopefully they won't disappoint me.
    Last edited by Rio40; 12-20-2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: sorry for grammar typing from iphone

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Your kiddung yourself if you think Sparano is going to here next season, the guy is clueless and ive seen crazy amounts of Dolphin games and their offense was a joke. Aside from the Bills game wtf has this offense done I know Mark has a lot to do with it but just for the simple fact that this idiot had no clue on how to use Tebow is reason enough to dump him.....personally Woody should clean house, they all need to go including Rex

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    I hope the Jets brass is paying attention. Not only do Jets fans not want Vick, fans like myself and many others will no longer be fans. I will no longer watch this team on sundays let alone spend money to go to a game. I will no longer purchase jerseys or even pay any attention to this team.

As a dog owner and more specifically a pit bull owner the thought that he is even being considered is absolutely pathetic. Don't employ this murderer, I along with many others don't give a ****** if he served his time and if I ever saw him alone I would beat the living **** out of him.

If the Jets even talk to this guy and entertain him they will lose me as a fan forever. Not just while he is on the team. Hopefully they won't disappoint me.
    I'm with you bro, if this guys is our Qb next year im done, im a huge animal lover and have owned many many dogs and the thought of uaving to root for someone that has no issue in harming animals doesn't sot well with me....I blame Rex for all this **** he got lucky taking over a team that was pretty much ready thanks to Mangini now that party is over and he has had no clue on how to put a team together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaMaravilla View Post
    I'm with you bro, if this guys is our Qb next year im done, im a huge animal lover and have owned many many dogs and the thought of uaving to root for someone that has no issue in harming animals doesn't sot well with me....I blame Rex for all this **** he got lucky taking over a team that was pretty much ready thanks to Mangini now that party is over and he has had no clue on how to put a team together
    Rex is a good coach. He just needs to be left out of player moves. They need more talent.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Rex is a good coach. He just needs to be left out of player moves. They need more talent.
    Im not sold yet Rio on Rex being a good coach, hes a good DC but it seems Head Coach is to much for him, a good Head coach has a grasp on both sides of the ball not just one.....Im no Sanchez fan but I dont blame hik I blame rlRex for missing the playoffs he just stood there and watched while Mark threw int after int and never put in Tim to try and save the season and if he thought GMAC was this good then was he inactive? To me Rex gotta go with Tanny and Sparano send ek all packing I cant go another season of this crap it seems since. I was 7 years old this is all ive experienced from this team with a couple of teases here and there

vCash

i've said something similar before, and i agree.

signing vick, would not only be a terrible mistake in the football & financial sence...but a moral mistake.

i would not support a jets team that fielded vick

vCash
    If you are going to root for morality you should do so all the way.
    Last edited by aNYer; 12-20-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Don't want to take this off topic.

vCash
    I see a lot I agree with.
    I agree with keeping Rex. He should get one more year.
    I agree with demoting Tanny. Great numbers guy, and willing to make a splash, but he is lacking in the evaluation aspect of the job. In fact I think we need new scouts etc. I don't think we are as bad as some, but there are better out there and Woody has the cash to upgrade the staff.
    I could go either way on keeping Sporano or not. It was his first year with no weapons and what became a neutered QB by the end. I wouldn't mind giving him another year, with players more familiar with the system.

We need at least one lineman and thats got to be a great one.
    We need a true playmaker. I would say RB just cause we don't have a real threat that could catch the ball out of the backfield. Way too many drops on the passes that do get to them
    We could use another OL player, and it should be a pretty good one.
    We need to see if Braylon can play anymore. If he can him Tone Kerly and Hill are not the worst rotation you can have. And with a better O-line it is tough to keep Tone and then Kerley covered, and Hill is a deep threat. Maybe Braylon can be too. Cumberland needs to keep improving, and if Keller is healthy and not asking for a crazy amount of money that would really be an OK personnel group. Especially cause we are not gonna be able to trade Holmes.
    I don't want Sanchez starting, but I doubt we get anything for him. And I don't think the next great QB is out there. I say keep him, and let him and Gmac battle a competent vet. Next offseason sell out for a QB of the future. Definitely not looking for the big splash.
    I woud get rid of every starting linebacker not named Harris. We need to draft there bad. I would draft there early on in the draft.
    I would bring back the whole secondary outside of Bell. I just don't think we will pay that man and I don't think he is a difference maker. If he wants to come in on a team friendly deal however I would be more then OK with that. And keep trying to develop young guys. Oh and I would try and bring someone in to replace Lankster. But once your talking about HOPEFULLY your 4th and 5th CB thats not a bad thing.

And pretty much thats my plan. For those of you that don't read the whole think and skip to the bottom.
    1 stud OL, one stud playmaker (almost definitely a RB that can catch), 2 OLBs, 1 good OL, maybe 1 more LB and then check and see on the other positions I mentioned.

vCash
    Get rid of Tanny. Bring in someone who is an actually talent evaluator.

Get rid of Sparano. Hire Norv Turner or another OC that will bring in a QB friendly system.

Fire Rex/ Keep Rex I don't really mind either way

I wouldn't even know what to do with the roster.

Trade/release Tebow
    Try to get Rid of Sanchez
    Get rid of Pace, Scott, Thomas, Bell
    Resign Landry, Braylon and perhaps Keller (though I'm fine with letting him walk)
    Say peace to Shonn Greene

Draft the BPA at the positions of need (OLB, WR, OL) in the first two rds.

Draft a mobile QB to perhaps develop in rds 3-4

Sign a cheap veteran QB for 1-2 years

Perhaps trade Revis for a bunch of picks. Sorry, he's my fav Jet, but you don't need two shutdown corners making a lot of money. And our pass defense didn't exactly suffer with him out. Though Kyle Wilson still sucks.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast