Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

1/4 season mark...

Thoughts? Concerns? We have enough threads on trade wishes and what not, so let's keep this strictly about player development and coaching progress. Meeting expectations, exceeding? GO

NO KOOL-AID ZONE

vCash
    Hopefully McRoberts is traded so Drew can get more minutes. That and I want to see Harkless scoring more, get him more involved in the offense.

vCash
    I wonder how good or what our record would be if Turk and Al wasnt hurt?

vCash

1/4 season mark...

I would like to see drew play more minutes as well. Lets just skip the scenarios which would need to happen aka trading mcbob. No trades, just simply assessments.

NO KOOL-AID ZONE

vCash

1/4 season mark...

I actually think our defense has been better since Turk isn't out there he plays matador defense. Thought it was funny when I watched the game tonight and Matty was making the same comments about our overall team defense.

NO KOOL-AID ZONE

vCash
    I'm surprisingly okay with our near .500 record. I thought after Voldemort left for LA we would be much worse. Truthfully I wanted us to be bad, so we could end up with a top 3 draft pick. I still think we need need to get worse before we can get better, but I'm enjoying watching guys like Redick,Baby and Afflalo play with a fire and pride we haven't seen from a Magic team in a few years.

vCash
    I'm curious to see what the rotations look like when Turk and Al do get back. Who loses min to Al? I mean Baby has been playing well, Drew as well, where does Al fit into that? Unless they plan on making him a back up center, that could prob work I guess.

I'm loving Redick, the guy has been on fire all year. He's playing with such confindence as well. He knows he has to create on offense and he does just that with his ball handling and off the ball movement.

I want to see more from Harkless. When we are running our offense he barely even touches the ball. Which is strange because when he does dribble, he doesn't seem like he can't handle it at all. Plus I'll see these flashes of him driving easily to the basket and I wonder why we don't at least have 1-2 plays each game tat gives him a cut route, most of his points are off of offensive rebounds or broken plays.

I've been pretty impressed with Moore, I didn't care for him at first but as a back up PG he's been really solid, he's been playing alot more aggressive lately and has been getting into the lane. I wouldn't mind retaining him after this year.
    Last edited by macc; 12-20-2012 at 12:33 PM.

vCash
    For what it's worth, here is some of our teams player stats thus far.

Afflalo - 44% FG - 4 rpg - 2.6 apg - 16 ppg - 35.4 mpg
    Baby - 45% FG - 7.9 rpg - 1.8 apg - 16 ppg - 33 mpg
    Redick - 45% FG - 2.3 rpg - 4.9 apg - 14.2 ppg - 30.8 mpg
    Jameer - 39% FG - 4.1 rpg - 6.5 apg - 12.2 ppg - 32.9 mpg
    Vucevic 49% FG - 9.5 rpg - 1.5 apg - 10 ppg - 29.6 mpg
    Moore - 44% FG - 2.2 rpg - 3.1 apg - 9.4 ppg - 23.9 mpg
    Nicholson 54% FG - 3.2 rpg - .4 apg - 7.4 ppg - 14.6 mpg
    Harkless 46% FG - 3.9 rpg - .5 apg - 4.1 ppg - 17.6 mpg

vCash
    Concern? We're winning too much. Tank for Ben McLemore,Alex Len, Anthony Bennet,CJ McCollum
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Looks like Baby is out for a few weeks. Quite a blow to our int I will say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Concern? We're winning too much. Tank for Ben McLemore,Alex Len, Anthony Bennet,CJ McCollum
    Lol this x2

vCash
    We are winning too much, but that will slow a little bit. There has been some overachieving, and our depth will make any injury, like we just sustained, a lot harder to deal with.

Unfortunately (for some) it genuinely sounds like the front office is complacent with mediocrity now. I just feel that right after you lose a Dwight Howard, and you aim for mediocrity right away...well...you'll stay mediocre for a while. And that terrifies me. The FO refuses to call this "rebuilding", and I think they really don't want to rebuild. I can't say I'm thrilled about that. But who knows? These people are smarter than I am.

If we re-sign Redick and keep Nelson, Afflalo and Davis to maintain this level of play, we then get stuck with 30-35 million a year between those for guys for two more seasons. That's terrifying. Throw in Hedo and Al, well, we won't have an option to get better if we keep all these guys. None of them are really key pieces you want to build a franchise around...so why keep them (especially since none are really a bargain)?

I really hope we try to get rid of just about everyone on this roster (besides the rookies, and a vet). But it sounds like that's not the plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    lol x3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    We are winning too much, but that will slow a little bit. There has been some overachieving, and our depth will make any injury, like we just sustained, a lot harder to deal with.

Unfortunately (for some) it genuinely sounds like the front office is complacent with mediocrity now. I just feel that right after you lose a Dwight Howard, and you aim for mediocrity right away...well...you'll stay mediocre for a while. And that terrifies me. The FO refuses to call this "rebuilding", and I think they really don't want to rebuild. I can't say I'm thrilled about that. But who knows? These people are smarter than I am.

If we re-sign Redick and keep Nelson, Afflalo and Davis to maintain this level of play, we then get stuck with 30-35 million a year between those for guys for two more seasons. That's terrifying. Throw in Hedo and Al, well, we won't have an option to get better if we keep all these guys. None of them are really key pieces you want to build a franchise around...so why keep them (especially since none are really a bargain)?

I really hope we try to get rid of just about everyone on this roster (besides the rookies, and a vet). But it sounds like that's not the plan.
    Perfectly said

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
    I actually think our defense has been better since Turk isn't out there he plays matador defense. Thought it was funny when I watched the game tonight and Matty was making the same comments about our overall team defense.
    Yeah Turk would be just a good guy to have come off the bench. I wish we could dump that contract before this year ends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast