Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Preface: 100% question....no speculation

Not talking bad about him....no ill will......but I'm wondering if anyone has thought that Love may be possibly planning to pull a Marbury if the Wolves aren't in the playoffs?

vCash
    he is under contract for 3 yrs

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I hope not, but I think its pretty clear he is frustrated with the organization..if we dont make the playoffs, I am sure he will voice more frustration...but we are making the playoffs this year.

vCash
    the new NBA is keep your stars happy, or lose them. How is Love any different? Like I said, we have a couple of years to really get it together.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    i agree

vCash
    I am really jealous of the OKC model of a small market. They did get extremely lucky landing KD, and the guy they had to keep happy was Westbrook, which they did well with...but they are also kind of lucky that Westbrook agreed to play 2nd fiddle to Durant. They lost Harden, but their front office really knows how to do things there.

A little side not on OKC from me, I think it would have been in their best interest to lock up Harden, and get a true PG, but Westbrook's contract status needed to be updated before Harden's. Harden would have been the perfect side kick, but he was one of those guys that wanted to be a #1 option, and his shooting numbers are suffering because of that. If the circumstances were right, such as OKC locking him up instead of Westbrook, we may have seen the best duo the NBA has seen since Kobe and Shaq, and the duo of Harden and Durant would have been looked a lot like the MJ/Pippen duo, but with the SF being #1, and the SG being the perfect compliment. I actually get chills thinking of Harden with an increased role playing with Durant. It is a little disappointing to me, that Harden did not accept slightly less money to accept a max contract elsewhere, and passed up the opportunity to play with Durant and Westbrook for 4 years.

vCash
    I might be in the minority but i loved the trade for the thunder. I think Kevin Martin on that team is perfect. I also think the Thunder should trade Westrbook for Rondo.

vCash
    Everything has to go right for a small market to win. The stars aligned and a superstar fell into their lap. Other pieces aligned as well.

Love is a star but I'm not convinced he has "it" to pull together a team into a winner. KD is SO good he is able to do that. I'm not 100% convinced Love has this, yet.

Love is kind of like the Twins mentality of a few years ago. Play the "right" way for 162 games and you find yourself in the playoffs. I believe Love is a good long term "full season" guy but I'm not convinced he has the Ace starting pitching like effect on a playoff game.
    Quote Originally Posted by viksalltheway! View Post
    guys like me would be more like an assistant to the GM
    The Minnesota Twins rank in the top 7 when it comes to assessing the strength of team....announcers. http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/your...medium=twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    I might be in the minority but i loved the trade for the thunder. I think Kevin Martin on that team is perfect. I also think the Thunder should trade Westrbook for Rondo.
    Yeah but will they be able to afford Martin after this season is the question.

vCash
    I immediately liked the trade for the Thunder and most everyone else seems to be coming around to it now. I could definitely see Martin re-signing for less if they have a good run. Otherwise, they have Lamb who will hopefully be able to take over some quality minutes by next year.

I don't think that trading for Rondo is a very good idea. Westbrook is not the greatest shooter, but he has a decent outside shot and is one of few on the Thunder who you have to guard out there. I think a Westbrook trade is worth looking into, but you needd to return some outside shooting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I am really jealous of the OKC model of a small market. They did get extremely lucky landing KD, and the guy they had to keep happy was Westbrook, which they did well with...but they are also kind of lucky that Westbrook agreed to play 2nd fiddle to Durant. They lost Harden, but their front office really knows how to do things there.

A little side not on OKC from me, I think it would have been in their best interest to lock up Harden, and get a true PG, but Westbrook's contract status needed to be updated before Harden's. Harden would have been the perfect side kick, but he was one of those guys that wanted to be a #1 option, and his shooting numbers are suffering because of that. If the circumstances were right, such as OKC locking him up instead of Westbrook, we may have seen the best duo the NBA has seen since Kobe and Shaq, and the duo of Harden and Durant would have been looked a lot like the MJ/Pippen duo, but with the SF being #1, and the SG being the perfect compliment. I actually get chills thinking of Harden with an increased role playing with Durant. It is a little disappointing to me, that Harden did not accept slightly less money to accept a max contract elsewhere, and passed up the opportunity to play with Durant and Westbrook for 4 years.
    Their GM knows how to draft. Ours has no idea.

vCash
    that would put insane pressure on KD to score every night. Rondo needs scorers around him. I think he is severely overrated. Great vision, not a bad defender, good rebounder, but not at Westbrook's level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    that would put insane pressure on KD to score every night. Rondo needs scorers around him. I think he is severely overrated. Great vision, not a bad defender, good rebounder, but not at Westbrook's level.
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Kevin Martin and Durant is an extremely good scoring duo...I don't know why there would be so much pressure on Durant if Westbrook would be gone...and its not as if Serge Ibaka isnt a good scorer either. Rondo would have plenty of options to pass the ball to on that team.

vCash
    Disagree. Westbrook is their scoring initiator, and if you watch Durant and Martin, both are so weak they fail to get open a lot, forcing Westbrook to create a shot off a broken play. Look, it wouldnt hurt in the regular season, but come playoff time, without Westbrooks ability to score, teams are loading up on KD. I really think Rondo is so overrated. Notice as the big 3 got older, their offense sputtered as they asked more from Rondo? KG is still their MVP, because defense drives that team the last 2 years.