16 72.73%
  • Aaron Afflalo

9 40.91%
  • Rodney Stuckey

1 4.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Which Player should the Wolves Target before February?

Vote please and provide reasoning below

vCash
    Lol why is bargnani on the list? Wolves obviously need a SG, not a C.
    Pau gasol would be good, but they'd still need a sg.
    Stuckey cant shoot, so hes not a good fit in the back court next to Rubio. Lee is decent, but he's the type of player that is solid some games, and completely disappears in others. JJ Redick/Afflalo would be the way to go. Personally, I think Afflalo is a better fit since the wolves lack a back up SF now that Budinger is out.

vCash
    Lebron James.

vCash
    sorry, missed the 2nd part of the question. My reasoning is that he is the best player in the NBA, and would instantly make us the favorites to win it all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Lebron James.
    sorry, missed the 2nd part of the question. My reasoning is that he is the best player in the NBA, and would instantly make us the favorites to win it all.
    x2. If hes not available maybe we could go for durant, because he's the second best player in the NBA.

vCash
    Batum.

Rumor was that he didn't want to be in Portland this summer and his heart was in Minnesota.

Perhaps Portland would enjoy talking trades with us!

vCash
    seriously though, I want Batum on this team. AK is the better short term fix, but to have Batum, Love and Ricky to build around would have been phenomenal. Getting Batum would have almost been like getting a young AK. They are very similar, but the major difference is AK is a better shot blocker, Batum provides more shooting ability.
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 12-18-2012 at 09:17 PM.

vCash
    seriously though, I want Batum on this team. AK is the better short term fix, but to have Batum, Love and Ricky to build around would have been phenomenal. Getting Batum would have almost been like getting a young AK. They are very similar, but the major difference is AK is a better shot blocker, Batum provides more shooting ability.
    The best thing is that if we did it now, we could have them both for a couple more years.

vCash
    Those do it all small forwards are just too special to a team. Adelman described AK as the glue guy to the team, and I think that is a perfect analogy for guys like him and Batum...Pippen to a larger extent was one of those players as well.

vCash
    I'd love to see Redick here, it would make our team even more white though haha. I think he would fill in nicely at SG even though I have doubts he would stay past this season. I think we would need to secure an extension with him as part of any trade for him unless the trade was really good like one pick for him. That won't happen though. The second guy I'd like is Courtney Lee, and I think he'd be cheaper because Boston already has Terry and Bradley. Not even remotely interested in Pau at this point because of how much the Lakers want for him.

vCash
    Can we even trade for Batum this year? If we do, we have to pay that poison pill kicker we put in his contract. I still want him. Yes.

vCash
    Out of the players listed, I would choose Redick or Afflalo. Both are very good role players that would help out the Timberwolves a considerable amount. Thing is, I'm not so sure the Magic are interested much in what Minnesota has to offer. They already have Glen Davis and Andrew Nicholson so obviously they won't have interest in Williams, Minnesota's biggest trading chip, however, they could have some interest in one of their pg's, ala, Ridnour or Barea. So if they're looking for a swap, a trade discussion could potentially come into play.
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/oscar-taveras
    ~ Oscar Taveras ~ The next Phenom

vCash
    Varejao? We need a strong bench rebounder and scorer. It looks to me like the big is more need because ours can't do much in paint if Love and Pek is resting.

vCash
    We should definitely go after JJ Redick if we can do a one for one swap with Derrick Williams. I like our core just need that SG that we desperately need. Howard and an injured BRoy just doesn't cut it for us to be any good in the West.
    John Wall and Evan Turner are overrated... let's sign Wes Johnson and Demarcus Cousins

vCash
    right on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast