Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy_T28 View Post
    agreed.. eddie jones is a good comparison
    He'd be very good if he reaches Eddie Jones' caliber. Jones was a solid 3 point scorer who averaged over 18 PPG in his 6 prime years. He was also a legit defender too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsumadchat View Post
    but it is much more plausible. i think mo pete in his prime was all around better than richard jefferson. jefferson's 3pt numbers in his first five years in the league are HORRENDOUS. jefferson had the luxury of playing with guys like Jkidd and Kmart. mo pete had who? aside from VC, who happened to be injured most of the time, no one else made his game easier for him.
    maybe rj wasnt a good comparison but mo pete to me was very average all around. he could play d and hit 3's... which is good but i def hope we get more from ross in terms of consistency on offense

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    offensively, yes. but i always thought he was undervalued on the defensive end. that could be selective memory though.
    pretty good defender in his prime. i gotta give him that.

ross already looks good on the defensive end and will only improve and i think your right when you say he has more athletisicm then mo pete. plus he has range as well. i dunno they could end up being very similar players but i hope not..

wow did any one know mo pete was on the okc thunder in 2010-11 ??
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 12-21-2012 at 02:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Do people even remember how good prime Mo Pete was? He was putting up 17/5/2 on good percentages. Thats pretty darn good when you factor in his above average perimeter D.
    his best season was 2005-06

16.8 ppg 2.3 apg 4.6 rpg 3pt%39.5 fg% 43.6

inflated stats on a really really baaddddd team with the only really good player being bosh in his 3rd season

also mike james was on that team and also had inlfated stats that season. if you like i can name the rest of the roster but that team was horrendous.

again mo pete was average at best. his peremiter D was good no doubt but he was a role player on a team that wasnt very deep at all. he had the potential to be much better then he turned out to be imo.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 12-21-2012 at 02:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Lol. You might as well add when people thought Davis was the next O'Neal.
    I never saw that, I always thought the better comparison would be Al Horford. I actually never believed the comparisons that he listed except for the bargs/Dirk one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I never saw that, I always thought the better comparison would be Al Horford. I actually never believed the comparisons that he listed except for the bargs/Dirk one.
    I remember some people saying it. Some were even saying that Ed kinda looks like O'neal as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    maybe rj wasnt a good comparison but mo pete to me was very average all around. he could play d and hit 3's... which is good but i def hope we get more from ross in terms of consistency on offense

pretty good defender in his prime. i gotta give him that.

ross already looks good on the defensive end and will only improve and i think your right when you say he has more athletisicm then mo pete. plus he has range as well. i dunno they could end up being very similar players but i hope not..

wow did any one know mo pete was on the okc thunder in 2010-11 ??
    i admit we are setting the bar kinda low when we are talking about a player who retired by the time he was 33.

but hey it's the 8th overall pick so he could be great, or he could be out of the league in 4 years. so hoping for Morris Peterson with greater athleticsm is a nice conservative expectation. he can feel free to exceed it
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i admit we are setting the bar kinda low when we are talking about a player who retired by the time he was 33.

but hey it's the 8th overall pick so he could be great, or he could be out of the league in 4 years. so hoping for Morris Peterson with greater athleticsm is a nice conservative expectation. he can feel free to exceed it
    for our sake lets hope he does.

vCash
    For sure a keeper !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    For sure a keeper !
    Just like Demar!

vCash
    its crazy to think that BC was getting crushed by the fans when he drafted ross... turns out he DEFINITELY is the most athletic player in this draft and down the road this may be one of BCs best picks.

2015 is OURS!
    #WeTheNorth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsumadchat View Post
    its crazy to think that BC was getting crushed by the fans when he drafted ross... turns out he DEFINITELY is the most athletic player in this draft and down the road this may be one of BCs best picks.
    The fast track progression of Ross will probably give BC that extension, lol.

vCash
    Demar's progress will get him that extension as well.

vCash
    i really wouldnt mind. the only problem i've had with BC has been his euro fixation over the years, which is becoming moot now that the team is playing so damn well without the 'key guy'. i have prayed for him to trade jose, but he's playing out of his mind. but his selections in the mid-lottery position have ALWAYS turned out to be fantastic. demar turning a corner, ed davis becoming that solid piece up front, and ross' athleticism alone is a salivating prospect to have on a young squad. dont forget drafting val.

2015 is OURS!
    #WeTheNorth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Demar's progress will get him that extension as well.
    this. why does insider hate him so much anyway?

2015 is OURS!
    #WeTheNorth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy_T28 View Post
    remember when andrea was gonna become dirk? and demar was gonna become vince? and jose was gonna become nash? now ross is gonna become tmac?
    Maybe you didn't see in 2007 that someone started a thread allegedly proving with advanced stats that TJ Ford was going to be better than Nash. lol.

Glad Ross had a good game.

My prediction?

He will be Terence Ross.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast